G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another screwed over oil consumption infiniti customer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another screwed over oil consumption infiniti customer

I am another victim of oil consuption and Infiniti has denied my warranty. I had my car to the dealership a few weeks before the warranty expired after I was driving and it started knocking got it home to find 1600 miles after my last oil change I found that I was over 3 1/2 quarts low. Since I washed the car before I sent it up to the dealership that is 2 hrs away I washed the car including the engine department I guess some overspray got on the airfilter and they denied my warranty due to the airbox being damp. they said due to the dampness they wouldnt cover it. I asked them to drain the oil but they wouldnt go that far and consumer affairs said the dealer was there eyes and ears. So I am stuck with paying out of pocket for a new motor for a 36000 car with only 50800 miles.So I was wondering what route I should take. I want to stay N/A so a remanufactured motor seems the economical way to go. I need some suggestions on a few good companys. It is a revup so any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Billy

Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Rain there recently? Filters can get "damp" from road spray.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
People have had luck with going to diff. Dealers. Hopefully they didn't send ur vin in or remember ur name or so ething

Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
U mind sharing ur vin?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
raise some hell with them. Audi has a very similar problem with oil consumption. They f*cked up and installed bad rings and most FSI audi engines burn excessive oil. Audi of America will straight up tell you that it is perfectly acceptable by dealership standards for their engines to burn 1qt every 900 miles!!! they will lie to you, and feed you B.S. to get you out the door. But when people go to the "higher ups" and raise hell and threaten class action law suits, all of a sudden they are getting their engines rebuilt for free.

Moral of the story is your 50k mile engine shouldnt be emptying its crankcase in ~1500 miles. being that this is a very common problem with the rev-up VQ's, They will eventually break. They have a ton of money and resources and evetually if you annoy them enough, they will fix your car. threaten them legally. Email the dealer reps daily, make them hear your out. remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. A dealership will jump on any and every opportunity to soak you for as much money as possible.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
It's a shame your dealership is so far away, where's the next closest one? Normally dealerships know about OC wouldn't look any further than the OC test. If possible try another dealership, should be worth another few miles considering the cost. We've seen warranty denials due to aftermarket exhaust from some dealerships and others don't give a rats azz.
Gary

Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Thats Bullshit, fight like hell...

I have the OC issue on my 05 6MT rev-up coupe but my car is out of warranty since i have 80K+ miles.

I have been thinking about buying a used rev-up for around $1,500 but i know it will happen again so im looking to see what it will cost to just rebuild the motor.

IPP has engines but they are all built blocks

Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
[QUOTE=Billy Schell;6689913]I am another victim of oil consuption and Infiniti has denied
what you are saying is that you did not check the oil for 1600 miles and when you did found that it was 3.5 qts down...during this time you reved the motor to 6000 rpm causing the oil pickup to run dry.
what has probably happened here is that you may have cracked the oil scraper ring allowing much oil to stay on the cylinder wall. and then on the upward stroke pushed that extra oil into the combustion chamber...
Your one chance is that you did not crack the scraper ring but caused abrasion on your #1 and #2 top rings which are now allow too much oil into combustion chamber. If that is the case what I would do as it will not cost much and may save your motor. is to put in one qt of quart of kerosene or CD 2 or any of these so called products which is all they are comprised of anyway and fill the balance with reg oil say 15W40 shell...and run the car keeping careful track of oil usage. The light Kero may just allow the two top rings to seal a little better. and since you now have reg oil in the motor you can visibly look for the tell tale blue smoke screen, if any....I would also look at your pcp valve as if that is stuck open it will suck oil into the intake, However, the knocking seems to indicate that the rod bearing may have run dry...maybe pulling off crankcase and replacing those while observing of any abrasions on rod journals...this is what I would do before shelling out big money..