G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe backseat (obvious question)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2003 | 01:53 PM
|
Coupe backseat (obvious question)

Ok, Im probably not going to be getting another car for another year, but right now Im doing a lot of research and Im down to two cars; the G35 coupe and sedan! haha so anyways, I know the sedan backseat is bigger, but is the coupe seat.... usable? Im not trying to be immature here, im just wondering. Thanks.

2001 I30t (Next: G35)

Old 05-05-2003 | 02:40 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: Coupe backseat (obvious question)

yes it is very usable.
In 5 days since i've got the car, i've racked up 750 miles now. And i've had rear-seat passengers on about 200 of those miles. Nobody complained!
I even sat back there for about 20 minutes while my friend drove lol
it was comfy, its just when he pulled a manuever, my head hit the C pillar LOL i cursed him out and told him to pull over and stop driving!
Its 100% comfortable for anyone 5'8" and under.
If you are over 5'8" it is about 90% comfortable because you are forced to slouch down a little bit because your hair would rub on the rear window ever so slightly.

Note: I'm 6 feet tall with long hair, i thought it was nice back there!

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 05-05-2003 | 02:54 PM

Usable... in what way? Your question seems to imply something other than being used to transport passengers!

Well, no practical experience (yet) to give you an informed answer if indeed you're asking about something other than simply riding in the car... but this is the best I can offer:

Presuming you're talking about the back seat and "the fairer sex"...? You'll have a harder time in the Coupe than sedan - but you'll have a lot more chances with the Coupe. ;-)

In either case... I'd recommend the car as a source of transportation - and motels for "other" activities!! LOL

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 05-05-2003 | 03:26 PM

The only issue with the backseat is headroom. There's plenty of legroom and it's otherwise very comfortable, but an average sized adult male can't sit back there without slouching or otherwise keeping his head clear of the back window. Average adult women and children should be fine.

The other small problem with the back is that ingress and egress is a bit slow since you have to wait for the passenger seat to slowly motor its way forward. I'd much prefer to just slide it, but apparently luxury car owners are expected to have time to do things in a stately manner.

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 05-05-2003 | 04:53 PM

Is there any way you can get rid of that luxury feature? It's so annoying, it takes a pretty long time to get back there.

Old 05-05-2003 | 05:33 PM

Yeah it's usable. Had a friend about 6ft tall sit back there and he said he was fine. Just had to slouch a bit. I'm always curious as to why people just don't drive down to the dealership to check it out. Other people's idea of usablility could be different than yours. Get you butt to the dealer and go sit in the back seat. Only then will you truly know.

Old 05-05-2003 | 06:16 PM
G SQUAD

I actually saty in the back seat at the dealer when I was looking at the car but I suppose it really isn't a true test till the car is moving and your bashing your head into the glass.

Old 05-05-2003 | 06:32 PM

Believe it or not I had a couple of friends 6'4" + back there for a 2 hour ride. They had to slouch a little but they said they were fine. I believe them because they usually bitch about everything. The suspension in the coupe isn't bouncy so you don't really bouce up to hit your head.

Old 05-05-2003 | 06:46 PM

Ahh, but the Sedan with the Premium Package has reclining rear seats. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-05-2003 | 08:21 PM

I actually had Johnny Damom & Jeremy Giambi of the Boston Red Sox {both big boys} in the back seat on my coupe & both said all was OK & "not to bad"...

Old 05-05-2003 | 09:04 PM

Hey RR, aren't they going to miss you at work ?!? I've been thinking of taking a week off after mine arrives (too)...

Seattle area

Old 05-05-2003 | 09:07 PM

I was wondering the exact same thing as Infiniti_Mike. I'm also about to purchase a new car within a year and a half. I narrowed my choice to about 3 cars and the G35 coup is on the top of my list right now. Since I'm in no rush to buy the car yet, I don't feel the need to go see it in person at a dealership.

My main concern was the leg room but it seem with the responses that it's not a problem. It's really a big problem in the car I own right now (Dodge Stealth) so I didn't want to experience that again. With all the magazine articles stating that the backseat were only good for children, I was starting to worry. Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 05-05-2003 | 11:23 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

LOL! i didnt take off of work! Im still working my 8-hour days hahahaha
Its just get off at 5:30 and i wont come home till midnight [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 05-06-2003 | 12:56 PM

Leg room in the back seat of the G35C is definitely not a problem, unless Shaq is driving and Yao Ming is in the passenger seat (pushing the front seats ALL the way back).

Headroom is the only thing that will be of concern for anyone 6'-6" tall or less.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 05-06-2003 | 12:58 PM

Yes you can do it in the backseat of a coupe. That was the obvious question wasn't it?

6MT; Desert Platinum; Nav; premium; performance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe backseat (obvious question)