G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

bypassing key transponder, HOW???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bypassing key transponder, HOW???

hello all, I'm new to the site and only had my 04 g35 coupe for almost a month now. been wrenching away fixing things and doing mods. i picked up a couple of blank keys like the factory VW keys. switchblade. i thought it was cool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151303272140...84.m1439.l2649

got two of them. and odered an OEM key fob to use the guts out of it as i only had one key and one key fob.

i got both new blanks cut for $2 at a local ace hardware, they worked but fit tightly and didn't turn well. i got a metal file and did some fine tuning on them and now they turn just as good as the factory.

now my only obstacle is the key transponder. i am not aware of how they work. if they have a super sensitive proximity sensor, or whether it uses electric current, or magnetic? I'm trying to understand it so i can find a way to bypass it.

i am aware they sell bypass modules online, but I'm thinking all the parts i should need is the factory key, some wire, and a 4 pin 30A relay.

does anyone know how the transponder works?

has anyone done a homemade bypass without buying a $100 kit?

Old 05-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Update. Found a thread on here where the same key fob and key were used as what I bought, but the transponder was pulled from the original key and placed in the new housing. So now, I can use one of the new keys! Whoo hoo! Lol but I have two and would really like a fully functional spare. So I can either continue to try to determine a way to bypass the anti theft, or I can order another transponder key on eBay, and get it programmed. Which raises more questions for someone who has done this and will hopefully chime in. I would actually like to leave the antitheft in tact now. I can get a new transponder key for under $20. But if I buy elsewhere than a dealer or locksmith, will they program it for me? Additionally can a locksmith program it? And what do they or the dealer usually charger? Pretty happy with having 2 new key/keyfobs for under $50 + reprogramming fee.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:55 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
That is a typical procedure with new and aftermarket key fobs. You pull your chip out, stick it in a new for and voila, you got new key fob.
As far as programming a new chip. I believe it's a dealer procedure only and it's quite costly for what goes into the procedure.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Call a locksmith. If they are staying current, they'll be able to program the keys for you, for far less than what the dealer would charge.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:58 PM
Ford powerstroke
Originally Posted by numba20
Update. Found a thread on here where the same key fob and key were used as what I bought, but the transponder was pulled from the original key and placed in the new housing. So now, I can use one of the new keys! Whoo hoo! Lol but I have two and would really like a fully functional spare. So I can either continue to try to determine a way to bypass the anti theft, or I can order another transponder key on eBay, and get it programmed. Which raises more questions for someone who has done this and will hopefully chime in. I would actually like to leave the antitheft in tact now. I can get a new transponder key for under $20. But if I buy elsewhere than a dealer or locksmith, will they program it for me? Additionally can a locksmith program it? And what do they or the dealer usually charger? Pretty happy with having 2 new key/keyfobs for under $50 + reprogramming fee.
take the chip and glue it to the plastic that goes around the key hole and then u can have as many keys cut u want