G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2005, why no Brembo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jahan
That's strange. . . I didn't know anyone had taken an 05 to the track yet. Especially for a back to back comparison with an 04. How exactly do you know which brakes will hold up better on a track?
Judging from your post and your sig...You fit the exact mold for the kind of person I'm talking about...Your 05 6mt is on order, which makes perfect sense for your defending the 05 brakes...Atleast when I speak I can talk of my experiences with my 04...Your basis for everything is what? A test drive? Get over it, your not buying a different car...Its the same car, lol...

Old 02-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Atleast when I speak I can talk of my experiences with my 04...
Exactly...your 04. You have no experience with an 05 under track conditions..sooooo. Everything is just speculation.

There are much better brake set ups out there in comparision to the Brembos that are on the 04's. I don't see why eveyone makes a huge fuss. Realistically, how many people track a G35? Sure some people on this board might, but that makes up probably about .01% of all owners. Anyone really serious about making their G a track car would eventually upgrade their factory Brembos anyways.

This is in no way a defense of my 05 vs your 04. If I wanted an 04 I could have one, but I chose an 05. I'm not "defending my 05 brakes" as you put it. I've had cars with better brakes than the G, 04 or 05.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As of yet there are no definitive tests between the '04 and '05 brakes. So until there is we won't know for sure which are better for street and for track.
What many (the '04 guys)are talking about when comparing the two is cachet. There is little question Brembo is well known as a quality brake manufacturer and these painted calipers clearly carry cachet and a sporting image versus a " no name" OEM set up. I know I have certainly had many people ask if those are the stock brakes and make complimentary comments about them. Again whether the Brembos work better remains to be seen.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Not defensive about my car. I have another car for Track duty that would mop the floor with my G. I just think there are too many people on this forum that spew a bunch of BS that they don't really know much about.

All I'm asking is for PROOF of why you say the Brembo's will last longer on the track. Have you ever been on a track? What aspect of the brakes makes you THINK the Brembo's will last longer?

Old 02-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Judging from your post and your sig...You fit the exact mold for the kind of person I'm talking about...Your 05 6mt is on order, which makes perfect sense for your defending the 05 brakes...Atleast when I speak I can talk of my experiences with my 04...Your basis for everything is what? A test drive? Get over it, your not buying a different car...Its the same car, lol...
First, I took delivery my G last week, just haven't updated the sig. Second, I haven't made ANY claims as to the performance of my car OR yours. So what exactly are you referring to? You are the one making claims about stuff you have no experience with.

Jesus. I though the Mustang community was bad . . .

Old 02-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Let me help you with your next post.

First, take everything I said out of context. Then claim that I'm an idiot because I don't have any experience with your car, when I'm not claiming too in the first place. Then act like you are an expert on whatever tangent you go off on, when really the only experience you have is reading what other people like you post on here. While you're at it, make sure you do everything you can to ignore my original, and very relavent question.

PM me if you still can't figure it out.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, getting back to the question.

I was told by Infiniti that the Brembo licensing was costing them a lot, and wasn't significantly affecting their profit.....aka Brembos weren't a huge selling point for 90% of the customers.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Florida G35 Club
President Ronald Reagan said it best Trust but verify". I think its safe to say we all trust but at the same time. Just the facts. We all want good facts. The Infiniti engineers Know what they are doing and the 2005 6mt is on top of the hill. I still love my 2003 But the 2005 is just more refined. Dennis

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 02-13-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jahan
Let me help you with your next post.

First, take everything I said out of context. Then claim that I'm an idiot because I don't have any experience with your car, when I'm not claiming too in the first place. Then act like you are an expert on whatever tangent you go off on, when really the only experience you have is reading what other people like you post on here. While you're at it, make sure you do everything you can to ignore my original, and very relavent question.

PM me if you still can't figure it out.
Nope wrong, with 3 straight posts in a row your surely the clear winner here...I give up, I have no idea what I'm talking about...In my first post I mentioned that "IF" you took the two and tested them at the track then the results would vary...Did I happen to say "when" they took them to the track and tested them, the results were such and such? o and being an expert is exactly the thing I laid claim too, your serious right?...Avoiding your original question? LOL, as if I'm worried you'll flunk me from G35 101 or something...Your original question was whether or not I had facts or if it was just my wishful thinking...Read back a few post, I mentioned it was purely wishful thinking...Do I pass professor?

Old 02-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by spdrcr
I heard they made the change b/c they were having to change the pads or something every 7500 miles. Whatever. I was a little disappointed when it showed up without the Brembos though.
I think this is the real reason. Too many owners complained about the short life of performance pads that weren't covered under warranty. Nissan still licenses the Brembos for the 350Z, so cost wasn't the issue.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:20 PM
no, no, NO! Very few people (if any) have had serious wear issues with the Brembos. This was the OEM ONLY. It was clearly a cost issue, but since the 350Z has more of a sports car image, the public would be turned off if they did away with them. The premature wear issue was OEM ONLY, and who knows if it will continue or not for '05...

Old 02-13-2005, 03:21 PM
My Brembos have lasted over 26,xxx miles. When I took the car in last Decemeber, I still had over 50% pad life... so much for my pads going out at 7500 miles...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005, why no Brembo?