G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2005, why no Brembo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do a fair amount of both city and highway. But I too was surprised when I took my car in and it had so much pad life left...

Old 02-13-2005, 04:45 PM
A combination of reasons.

Cost is certainly an issue, but more so reality that the stock brake packages on the newer G35's perform as good or better than the Brembo package.

Car and Driver tested a 2004 G35 6MT sedan (no Brembo's) which only has 215/17 R55 tires. In the test the G stopped from 70mph in only 153 feet!!! With no fade at all after tracking the car.

That is less distance than:

350Z- (with Brembos)-164 ft.
G35 Coupe (with Brembos)- 157 ft.

BMW 330i- 158 ft.
Lamborghini Murcielago- 155 ft.
Saleen S7- 156 ft.

The non-Brembo brakes are not just best in class, but among the best in the world.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wingsprint

The non-Brembo brakes are not just best in class, but among the best in the world.

Why didn't Nissan put the Nissan brakes on the 350Z Track and 350Z 30th Anniversary models then?

Old 02-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
Why didn't Nissan put the Nissan brakes on the 350Z Track and 350Z 30th Anniversary models then?
Because it's such a selling point that you a bunch of people running around here saying they wouldn't buy an 05 because it didn't have Brembos.

I really don't think it has anything to do with performance.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:44 PM
"The non-Brembo brakes are not just best in class, but among the best in the world."

Wow, what BULL. I've been avoiding this thread, because this topic has been covered to death. But, there is so much misinformation here, that I just had to jump in.

To compare the standard G35 Brakes (Brakes that were lifted from the FX35) to the sophisticated Brembos is ludicrous. The Brembos have large well designed rotors, 4 pot calipers in front and 2 in the back. The feel, modulation, fade resistance and performance is world class. For the "G" to be World Class it needs World Class Brakes. The "Z" still has them on there flagship models.

One short panic stop does not make a brake that is best in class, it takes the items I mentioned above. A quick first stop, is more related to the tires than the brakes. Brembos have been and still are the "standard of the world" in Brake design. BBKs are good, but you pay thousands for them.

Infiniti dropped the Brembos for one reason, and one reason only - COST! They added a bunch of comfort and convenience items. To keep costs down on the 6MT, they cut the quality of the Brakes.

Problems - None. The squeak is NOT a problem, but a characteristic of a high performance brake.

Dropping the Brembos - IMHO, a BIG Mistake!

Lou

Last edited by lowrider; 02-13-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why was it a big mistake?

IMO, probably 90% of the drivers on this board would never notice a difference between Brembo's or OEM brakes, due to the fact that a majority of drivers do not take their G35 to a circuit track to "test" the fade on long term abuse....Again I ask, why was this a mistake? To me its either have brakes that look real nice or an interior that looks real nice....granted I wouldn't mind having brembos from the visual value, but I would'nt justify paying say $2k more for my G for them.

Last edited by ChazM; 02-13-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by lowrider
[FONT=Arial Black]The feel, modulation, fade resistance and performance is world class.
Do you have any experience with other bbks?

I may own an 05, but after driving numerous 04s under accel and braking conditions, the Brembos that Infiniti were using are not "world class" in comparison to most other bbks.

Old 02-13-2005, 06:19 PM
spooooooooooooooooooooge

Old 02-13-2005, 06:43 PM
2002ap1

As a matter of fact, I have. If I were to track my car, I might put a BBK on it. But, for the aggressive driving that I do, the Brembos are great. In '03, when I bought my "G", they were the straw that pushed me over the edge. The stock brakes were extremely grabby, had no feel, and completely turned me off. I hope the modulation and feel has improved for the 05s. But with the rotor and caliper design, there is no way they can compare to my Brembos.

If you feel that 90% of the driver's would not notice the difference, a figure I dispute BTW, than why not have the Brembos as an option?

Please 5AT drivers, don't take offense, but 6MT drivers tend to want to more a part of the driving experience. Good brakes allow this. Again, IMHO, the Brembos installed on past Gs and current Zs are indeed World Class.

Lou

Old 02-13-2005, 06:56 PM
2002ap1

As a matter of fact, I have. If I were to track my car, I might put a BBK on it. But, for the aggressive driving that I do, the Brembos are great.
Well then how can you say that there is some serious "bull" being spread if you have no hard facts for or against the current 05 caliper vs. the Brembos?

Build design isn't always the defining factor in braking performance. The stock 2 piston calipers on my S2K would out perform the 03-04 Brembos and they are "technically" inferior in design.

Since you don't track your car, the stock 05's would be more than enough to satisfy your braking needs.

Again, IMHO, the Brembos installed on past Gs and current Zs are indeed World Class.
Of course it's your opinion that they are world class, but you don't find many others calling them "world class" brakes. Good? Yes. Great? Possibly. World Class? Hardly. These brakes are entry-level performance brakes that help sell cars to eager buyers.

If they are so "world class", then why did you say you would upgrade to a better bbk if you were going to track the car? Why do so many others?

Old 02-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Florida G35 Club
2002ap1

As a matter of fact, I have. If I were to track my car, I might put a BBK on it. But, for the aggressive driving that I do, the Brembos are great. In '03, when I bought my "G", they were the straw that pushed me over the edge. The stock brakes were extremely grabby, had no feel, and completely turned me off. I hope the modulation and feel has improved for the 05s. But with the rotor and caliper design, there is no way they can compare to my Brembos.

If you feel that 90% of the driver's would not notice the difference, a figure I dispute BTW, than why not have the Brembos as an option?

Please 5AT drivers, don't take offense, but 6MT drivers tend to want to more a part of the driving experience. Good brakes allow this. Again, IMHO, the Brembos installed on past Gs and current Zs are indeed World Class.

Lou
Lou

I wish the Brembos where on the 2005. The point in this thread was somebody made a statement with no proof of what they were talking about. There is no test results and that is were this all started. Read the whole thread. I want like everybody else. I what too see the facts. Trust but verify. Some real sharp people here and I belive we all win when we know the truth.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by NOS GEE
Some real sharp people here and I belive we all win when we know the truth.
We have all already won, WE ALL HAVE THE SAME CAR!!!

Brembos or not, we can all agree on one thing. The car is great.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by 2002ap1
We have all already won, WE ALL HAVE THE SAME CAR!!!

Brembos or not, we can all agree on one thing. The car is great.

THANK YOU!!! I've only said that about 10 times through this entire thread...Some people just don't want to get that through their heads...

Old 02-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
THANK YOU!!! I've only said that about 10 times through this entire thread...Some people just don't want to get that through their heads...
Your cool . Lets all put ower heads together and move on. I will think of you as a friend and lets do some fun things. Like I said we have some very sharp people here and its time we all become one to learn. Dennis

Old 02-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Sig
Well I managed to find an '04 6MT today with Aero and Premium. I consider myself damn lucky cause I'd much rather have the Brembos than the redesigned interior.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005, why no Brembo?