And you know this because??????

Lou

Old 02-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lowrider
BremboBoy

And you know this because??????

Lou
Lou, its because his name is BremboBoy! Duh!

Annoying things in this thread eh?

Old 02-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How about somebody PM Riffster on FA and ask him whether or not the Brembos are worth it? He has a 5AT and upgraded to stock 6MT Brembo brakes.

I take it everyone who claimed how much the Brembos kick ***/suck have all tracked both Brembo vs non-Brembo G35s?

Old 02-20-2005, 11:08 PM
ya i kno this because if you look at all the reviews from the various mags and u actually drive them you would know.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by BremboBoy
ya i kno this because if you look at all the reviews from the various mags and u actually drive them you would know.
What an impressive, articulated response.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by BremboBoy
i have a G and im telling u that the Brembos are not true "Brembo quality" that you would buy on an aftermarket kit. They offer very little more than the stock brakes. The only reason that they are cool is because they are orange and say Brembo on them.

Damn salesmen tricked me into thinking they were better then regular brakes...Figures they would just paint them gold and put the Brembo name on them, I'm so naive...lol

Old 02-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Had my '03 inspected last week by the dealer, at 23k miles, and they said my brembos were still fine based on visual inspection only. I hope they're correct... Anyway, asked the service person why no brembos on the '05, and she said primarily cost. Their cost. Using their own brakes lowers their cost, she said by over a grand, and that goes to bottom line profit for them. Even if her numbers aren't quite right, that still makes sense. Unless there is a major performance differential with the '05 or later models, I have no desire to trade in for a new one. Let's be really honest about the Brembo factor- This is an INFINITI (not a Subaru) with gold Brembo calipers- and everyone, EVERYONE, checks them out. Guys are jealous- I catch them staring at my front wheels at almost every stoplight, and the ladies love them (they also love my CB color, which is no longer available). Now, I'm an old guy happily married with kids, but I still love that my car attracts as much attention as it does after owning it for 2 years. And my experience tells me it's because of the Brembos. So you guys can argue all you want about stopping distances and multiple fade free high speed stops, but you're just kidding yourselves. And if Infiniti hears enough about it, maybe they will offer them as an option in future models. Until then, my '03 CB 6m/t will continue to attract stares in my driveway (parked with the front wheels facing out toward the street, of course).

Old 02-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by MrElussive
You're right, I certainly am clueless about Ferrari since I don't own one. Do you?
No, I don't. But many of my friends do. I am a member of the Louisiana Ferrari Club in New Orleans. Know many people in the Ferrari community all over the country.

Aside from F40s, I have ridden in several other F-cars on both the street AND the track. So when I buy my 355 within the year will my opinion matter any more?

In fact, next month I am spending a week in LA staying at a friend's house. H e just happens to own 2 360GTs, an Enzo, an F40 GTE, and several others. Yes, the #33 Ferrari of Washington 360GT car is his. Do some research to figure out who I am talking about.

Originally Posted by MrElussive
The Ferrari F40 is arguably the greatest Ferrari ever because it gives you supercar performance without interference from technology. I have never heard anything about "horrendous brakes" regarding the F40 and I find this very hard to believe, honestly.
You are still off base. Simply research the subject more. No biggie

Dan Heard, a local, has an f40 that he drives quite frequently. His biggest gripe? Braking Will Hubble from Miami just got an F40 2 months ago, guess what the first thing he is doing to his f40? Brakes. Chriss Parr from Texas has an F40 that he tracks frequently, his favorite and most needed mod? Brakes.

Honestly, I am not trying to bust your *****. This is a well known drawback of the F40.

If you want to know a great website to learn more about Ferrari and their cars, visit the best online Ferrari community at www.ferrarichat.com
Great site with many owners and knowledgable enthusiasts, 99% of which do not carry the snob attitudes associated with Ferrari owners.

In fact, I'll do some digging right now on the subject for you, then I will post here.

Last edited by ScapGF; 02-21-2005 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:38 AM
Ok, here are some thoughts written by various F40 owners. Enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"An F40 is a very primitive and unsophisticated road/race car which will punish you mercilessly if you let it. The power is too much for the rather simple chassis and suspension, the brakes are either cold (and do not work) or, if on a track, they are too hot (and do not work), the gearbox is heavy and clumsy, the shockers are brutally hard and will crash into every pothole, the noise and lack of comfort makes it an entirely short-distance car, and the steering darts and pulls into every ridge on the road."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I really think carefully about where I can park the F40 because it draws a crowd everytime and it is challenging to drive in urban traffic. The turbo boost is sudden and huge and the brakes really don't instill confidence if they can't get some heat in them by being used hard."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Brakes? Well, after about 6-7 laps they'd start to shudder in the F40. On the street, obviously, no problem!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for starters...

Old 02-21-2005, 03:25 AM
Sig
Originally Posted by Bluestreak
Had my '03 inspected last week by the dealer, at 23k miles, and they said my brembos were still fine based on visual inspection only. I hope they're correct... Anyway, asked the service person why no brembos on the '05, and she said primarily cost. Their cost. Using their own brakes lowers their cost, she said by over a grand, and that goes to bottom line profit for them. Even if her numbers aren't quite right, that still makes sense. Unless there is a major performance differential with the '05 or later models, I have no desire to trade in for a new one. Let's be really honest about the Brembo factor- This is an INFINITI (not a Subaru) with gold Brembo calipers- and everyone, EVERYONE, checks them out. Guys are jealous- I catch them staring at my front wheels at almost every stoplight, and the ladies love them (they also love my CB color, which is no longer available). Now, I'm an old guy happily married with kids, but I still love that my car attracts as much attention as it does after owning it for 2 years. And my experience tells me it's because of the Brembos. So you guys can argue all you want about stopping distances and multiple fade free high speed stops, but you're just kidding yourselves. And if Infiniti hears enough about it, maybe they will offer them as an option in future models. Until then, my '03 CB 6m/t will continue to attract stares in my driveway (parked with the front wheels facing out toward the street, of course).

Amen brother........AMEN. I've had my '04 for only a week and i've had no less than 10 people ask me about the brakes already.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
agree

Originally Posted by Sig
Amen brother........AMEN. I've had my '04 for only a week and i've had no less than 10 people ask me about the brakes already.
Besides compliments on the overall sexiness of the body lines the two comments I regularly get are on the brembos and the exhaust. The questions on both are- is that stock? Wow.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha ha I love these threads. I have Brembos and I like them after they finally stopped squeaking.......however, if they were the high performance kind as Mr Elusive suggests, they would be cross drilled for better heat dissippation(sp?). Stop on brothers!

Old 02-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by borahatch
ha! yes, I love it! I have a Red Coupe 6mt w/ NAV! I'm rare!
03 red 6MT loaded here i love how the yellow brembos stand out, especially with the red Brembo logos

Old 02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
From what I have heard from within Nissan....

The Brembos were deleted due to warranty complaints due to squeaking and noise, AND probably (though not confirmed) for cost. However, without talking to product planning Dept, the people who conceptually design the models, we'll never, ever truly know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005, why no Brembo?