G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got my AEM CAI for my G35AT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my AEM CAI for my G35AT

Hey folks...

I installed my AEM CAI and it rocks!!!!! Makes the car sound like an Angry big V8 when it hit's 4000 RPMs. The car feels like a TypeR integra when it hits 4200RPM... it pulls hard and fast...
and at the same time lets out an angry growl!!! Can't even hear the stock exhaust at that point... its all engine...

I love it.. and it was the best $$ i spent so far.. Definately feel the xtra power... If you don't have a CAI get one... You have no excuse not to..

Old 02-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Cmon Son!
whats up man. Just to comment on the intake.... First, congrats on your purchase. It makes the biggest difference when you really like what you buy. On a second not, I dont think I will be putting one on for the sheer fact that you dont really get any gains with the intake granted a handfull of ponies. I am buying the car for the prestige of the car. I looooooooove the exhaust note and dont want anything drowning that out.

I currently have an RSXS and when I got my intake put on, it sounded mean, but after a while the novelty wore off and the gains were still level with the gains on the G (a few horses) I through on a comptech exhaust on it and then the whole car was just louder than a classy car should (not saying the RSX was classy cus its not)

Point being, intakes really should only be bought if the sound is desired. what you feel and what is put down at the wheels are two different things. Claims of intakes putting 10+ at the wheels is ridiculous.

For that rant, I do appologize though. I really am happy you love your purchase. That's what matters the most.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Thats what you think... yes the sound is noticeable only at the higher RPMs . You cannot hear any intake sounds at lower so don't worry about your exhaust note being drowned out.

On the Injen website, they show a DYno graph showing 13+HP on the wheels and 8+ Ft/lbs of torque gain with their Injen CAI. I dont' think i've gained all 13+ HP but i definately feel the power gain especially at the higher RPM's.

Don't knock it until you've tried it..

Old 02-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what Ive gathered you will only gain a few (3 or 4) RWHP, don't believe the claims by a companies website.

Clokwork~ do you mean for our G's? some cars do net 10whp, my 01 celica gained 12fwhp...dyno proven.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Cmon Son!
yeah, thats what I meant, cus my RSXS gained ~10 or so.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:24 PM
JUST put mine on a few days ago and i cant even describe the sound...it ROARS...VERY NICE

Old 02-23-2005, 01:13 AM
I have the Injen CAI, and I love the sound! But 13rwhp? yeah right... My car at most gained 2-3hp, there was a thread a while back that showed various intake setups and they were all dynoed the same. For those particular G35s, on that given day, the z tube and k & n intake setup was determined to be the best. Manufacturers always have overly optimistic dyno results...

Anyway, congrats on the new intake and good luck with it. BTW, does it, like the Injen, whistle (turbo style) at part throttle?

Old 02-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Horsepower and torque increases don't equate to quickness( i.e. 0-60 or 1/4). Its the character in how the hp is delivered. 2-3 hp increase throughout the rpm range is significant...especially if torque is increased as well.

I have an Injen intake..aside from the noise, the car is definately quicker than its stock form. The shift points where I get the best acceleration is higher than it was (when it was stock). Also the rev limiter doesn't kick in until 6900.

Old 02-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by borahatch
I have the Injen CAI, and I love the sound! But 13rwhp? yeah right... My car at most gained 2-3hp, there was a thread a while back that showed various intake setups and they were all dynoed the same. For those particular G35s, on that given day, the z tube and k & n intake setup was determined to be the best. Manufacturers always have overly optimistic dyno results...

Anyway, congrats on the new intake and good luck with it. BTW, does it, like the Injen, whistle (turbo style) at part throttle?
Not to disagree with anybody but I will take 2 or 3 hp any day of the week. I just do not know how a 'dyno can show the true affects of a CAI. Seems to me you need to get out on that road and get all that cool air coming in to the intake. CAI = "COLD AIR INTAKE"
I like mine!!

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 01-21-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:24 PM
"Also the rev limiter doesn't kick in until 6900."

Yeah, I noticed that too... My limiter doesn't kick in until im into the 7 grand range.

Originally Posted by NOS GEE
Not to disagree with anybody but I will take 2 or 3 hp any day of the week. I just do not know how a 'dyno can show the true affects of a CAI. Seems to me you need to get out on that road and get all that cool air coming in to the intake. CAI = "COLD AIR INTAKE"
I like mine!!
Agreed. I'll take 2-3 hp anyday of the week also! And I think you have a point about the CAI actually being out where it can get cold air... I think it'd show better gains VS a dyno.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Cmon Son!
I am still very pessemistic about the CAI. As I stated man, I have one on my RSX. Yes it is a different car, but the outcome of it is that until I got an exaust, real gains werent shown. 2-3 ponies you get to the rear wheels? Yeah, thats believeable but fact is, its not really gonna help you win any races. Its still gonna be a drivers race. Dont stop there with the intake. Go on and get an exaust to complete the airflow and then you will likely have somethin to talk about.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:34 AM
yeah i have the AEM as well...can really feel the car pick up differently now with that and my Stillen exhaust...anybody estimate what my car is getting HP wise with both these mods?

Old 03-26-2005, 06:15 PM
i just wanted to comment as well on the CAI results...every car will give you a different result in power...i previously owned an E46 325i...I modded it with all kinds of stuff..but I first started out with the Dinan Stage 2 chip and Dinan CAI...the gains were pretty damn good, I dynoed at 169whp with only those mods...factory flywheel HP is 184, all at mid-top end of the RPM range..car just kept pulling...Some cars, you put on a CAI and at most you feel 2-3HP at a peak in the power band, which really isnt anything. I think that getting a CAI or any other mod requires alot of research on each person's end, knowing what mods they currently have, and what the plans are for the future, etc...

I remember driving my 325 one day, this was after I put my staggerred 19s on as well...(by then, i had STage3 chip, intake, exuast, bored out throrrtle body and it was an automatic)...this stock RED G35coupe 5AT slowed down and waited for me, flashing his emergencies, so I got behind him and he floored it..i punched it and passed him up so easily...i caught up to him within seconds and passed him by alot of car lengths...just shows you what an inline 6 can do..but anyways, my careful and extensive research let me combine the best products for my car to give me the kick I was looking for.

Im going with the Injen CAI myself...i know a guy that has exhaust setup, with test pipes and with the Injen CAI and he rips right by me, and that is from a rolling start in 2nd doing about 35..so I'm trying to simulate that myself...car sounds beautiful as well..not too throaty, it starts to lean out at the end of the RPM range..that is good, becuase our cars get very rich at the high RPMs and seem to give out a little, so getting more air through the car is definitely necessary, mid to high RPMs, need to level out to get closer to stoich...sorry for blabbing away guys, I was brainstorming something while I was typing this...