G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pulled over for NO reason

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you were WOT there is a ticket in almost every state for excessive acceleration.

Old 02-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by MtHammy87
He's got a nice ride, a little alchohol won't hurt anyone. Anyone who has that car must be responsible. So cut him some slack.
You are either the biggest moron in this thread or just really naive.

Old 02-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
I got pulled over in austin leaving a car show. he says he pulled me over for speeding, says I was doing about 75. I knew I wasn't, when the speedo clipped 65 I set the cruise. then he says he noticed I have blueish lights on the front and no plate on the front. he wanted license and insurance and me to do a field sobriety test. I must have asked him half dozen times how fast exactly was I going, can I see the gun, things like that. he was just being a dick and pulling me over to see if he could find anything. he said he'd have to ticket me for speeding but I kept up asking about proof of exactly how fast I was going. he knew he couldn't provide it. so he says he'll let me off with a verbal warning for the lights and license plate. I lost a lot of resp4ect for cops that night.
So let me get this straight...you got pulled over but didn't get a ticket. Still all cops are dicks now? I'm confused.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:50 AM
J-Z
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
So let me get this straight...you got pulled over but didn't get a ticket. Still all cops are dicks now? I'm confused.

really, I can tell you stories about being harassed by cops where I didnt do anything wrong, but by law are you required to have a front plate? if yes then he had a right to pull you over, and you were lucky not to get a ticket, were your light blue? because there is probably a law against that. cops pull over modded cars because most of have about 5-10 tickets worth of violations on them.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe pigs r jealous about our COOL G...thats y u'll get pull over for showing off..even theres no ticketing....

Old 02-28-2005, 04:27 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by cutiewolf
maybe pigs r jealous about our COOL G...thats y u'll get pull over for showing off..even theres no ticketing....
Yeah, you must be right. You are the smartest guy in all of g35driver land!!!

Old 02-28-2005, 05:15 AM
It's Lonely At The Bottom
Exclamation

Drinking and driving is not cool or funny.

Oh by the way:

Old 02-28-2005, 05:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cops rule!!!
Let's cut educational funding and give more money to law enforcement!

Old 02-28-2005, 05:27 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Just a little note from your friendly neighborhood Admin to remind everyone to keep it tolerable.

G

Old 02-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by trelokomio
My judgement was impaired a little
That is exactly right. Your judgement was impaired. That is the *first* thing that is affected by alcohol. Judgement. So while you may have not been 'wasted', you probably weren't able to judge the fact that you should not have been driving.

Originally Posted by trelokomio
No more lectures.
That is exactly what you need. More lecturing. You see, there were no consequences of your actions. You didn't hurt anyone, hell, you didn't even get busted. Maybe a little lecturing now will make you think later, since nothing else happened to you to cause you to think later.

Enjoy your car, be safe, take it easy on the sauce.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I've been on both ends of this topic.

I've got friends that are police officers and have been harassed by the police for no reason. Sometimes they are trying to make a point (encourage safety without ticketing you) and sometimes they are just jackasses.

It's like everything else in life, there are some bad ones that give the majority a black eye.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:27 PM
I dunno why your upset for getting pulled over, choose your battles, think of it as getting away from a DUI, increased insurance premiums, court, jail, a permanent mark on your driving record. Yet your pissed you got pulled over?? If I were you, Id be glad even if he'd given me a $150 speeding ticket...I dont see why your complaining. I know some people who have DUI's on their record and had to go to court, pay fines, lawyer fee's not to mention they cannot find an insurance company to offer them a rate and the only one they could find wants $2500-$3000 for a yearly premium. Im not gonna act like a parent and say DONT this DONT that, b/c you should have common sense and know better..but you need to get your priorities straight...

Last edited by pdjafari; 02-28-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
For every ******** cop there are 5 really good ones but 99% of the time you're only going to run into the ********* because the good ones know their limits and weren't beat up in high school by guys who drove nice cars. I am going on tuesday to fight a ticket I got up in Worcester, Mass. I was going 75 in a 55 with a group of about 6 cars, I was right in the middle (anyone who wants to lecture me about speeding can suck me sideways, we all do it. If I didn't like going fast I'd go buy a Lincoln Towncar)

Now here I am a babyfaced 23yr old driving a $38K car with Connecticut plates. Cop is thinking "College kid, parents bought car, parents pay insurance, everyone in CT is rich anyway" Reality: 23yr old Portfolio Analyst got up at 4:55AM to schlepp to NYC and work 11 hours, then gets in the car that he himself pays $900 a month to drive to go and visit friends in New Hampshire. This was my conversation with the police officer:

Evan: Hi officer, how are you tonight?
Cop: License and Registration.
(walks away immediately saying nothing else)
Evan: (to girlfriend in passengers seat)Um... did I run over his son?
literally 20 minutes go by...... I see cop returning finally
Cop: You were speeding, here's your ticket.
Evan: (again to girlfriend) Um... did he just get back in his car?
Cop drives away...

I look down at the ticket and fire immediately comes out of my ears and eyes
$310.... I wanted to chase the cop...

Bottom line. Crappy cops ruin the reputation of good cops and it's a shame. I don't think anyone with that terrible of a personality should be handing out tickets...I mean protecting and serving.

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Old 02-28-2005, 02:19 PM
J-Z
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho
For every ******** cop there are 5 really good ones but 99% of the time you're only going to run into the ********* because the good ones know their limits and weren't beat up in high school by guys who drove nice cars. I am going on tuesday to fight a ticket I got up in Worcester, Mass. I was going 75 in a 55 with a group of about 6 cars, I was right in the middle (anyone who wants to lecture me about speeding can suck me sideways, we all do it. If I didn't like going fast I'd go buy a Lincoln Towncar)

Now here I am a babyfaced 23yr old driving a $38K car with Connecticut plates. Cop is thinking "College kid, parents bought car, parents pay insurance, everyone in CT is rich anyway" Reality: 23yr old Portfolio Analyst got up at 4:55AM to schlepp to NYC and work 11 hours, then gets in the car that he himself pays $900 a month to drive to go and visit friends in New Hampshire. This was my conversation with the police officer:

Evan: Hi officer, how are you tonight?
Cop: License and Registration.
(walks away immediately saying nothing else)
Evan: (to girlfriend in passengers seat)Um... did I run over his son?
literally 20 minutes go by...... I see cop returning finally
Cop: You were speeding, here's your ticket.
Evan: (again to girlfriend) Um... did he just get back in his car?
Cop drives away...

I look down at the ticket and fire immediately comes out of my ears and eyes
$310.... I wanted to chase the cop...

Bottom line. Crappy cops ruin the reputation of good cops and it's a shame. I don't think anyone with that terrible of a personality should be handing out tickets...I mean protecting and serving.

I'm Ron Burgundy?
you were speeding, doesnt matter if you were one out of a 100 cars you broke the law. That cop did his job, its not his job to be freindly (it would be nice of him if he did) but you broke the law and he wrote you a ticket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for NO reason