G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pulled over for NO reason

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled over for NO reason

OK, 2 A.M. a few cars behind me, I floor it to like 35 (till it changed to 2nd in an AT) and the next thing i know it was a DT pulling me over.
Me:"Whats the problem officer?"
Cop: "Do you know your exhaust is illegal (my car is bone stock)?
Me:" officer my car is stock how could that be????"
cop: "Well you were going sixty!"
me: "(im pretty tipsy by the way) how could that be officer the most i went was forty."
cop: "license and registration!"
NO TICKET

Has this scenario happenned to anyone?????

This is the first time i got pulled over with my G and it ruined my night. I always give it a flooring to hear the exhaust and now its illegal??

wtf why are cops such jerks?? The guy was young, by the way, and said if he were a jerk he would have given me a noise pollution ticket. I mean if he were a jerk he would have pulled me over and busted my ba!!s like he just did, i felt like saying, but then the alcohol test would have been fun.

Has anybody been pulled over for the same reason?

comments on why they do this.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm not driving yet, but I noe a lot of incidents in here Vancouver, B.C. that cops are doing this, especially on nice cars.

I have an uncle that got pulled over with his 15yr old son when he was driving a lambourgini gallarado in the evening. It was for no reason, he wasn't speeding nor racing. The cops just likes to do that for his/her own sake. My uncle says some cops are just jealous and in his case, he did that to have a better look at his car perhaps.

Don't worry too much over it. Hope you can still sleep

Old 02-26-2005, 03:39 AM
He was prolly looking for a Drunk driver which you were. You just were not drunk enough to warrant cause for the test. The reason he stopped was not your exaust, you caught his eye and he had other ideas about what you were up too. The exaust is just an excuse along with speeding. Police dont look for "Traffic" violations at 2am. Good to know that you didnt get rolled.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:57 AM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG. I doubt you are telling the whole story.... And, do you really have any room to bitch since you were DUI..

Old 02-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Dude drinking and driving in the G??? Comon mannnnnnnnnnnnn....

Old 02-26-2005, 04:05 AM
Hey, whats wrong with that?? Im not the first but wtf i do the same thing at 2 P.M. whats the difference with 2 A.M. I know im not the first to just floor my car for the sound of the exhaust in a closed area.
DUI or not I still would have done it.
I did nothing illegal (from what I believe) and he pulled me over for an "illegal exhaust."

Old 02-26-2005, 04:08 AM
Guys I promise never again will i drink and drive with my G. its written is stone (or HTML). I learned my lesson and i got off. G35tuning take my word for it i won't do it again.

as for the flooring my car, i can't stop.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Just curious, how old are you?

Also, I agree with the other poster who laid out the cop's true reason for pulling you over. You gave him a good excuse for him to do a DUI check.

You claim the cop was a jerk AND that it RUINED your night, but he let you go! Also, why is he a jerk for trying to keep the roads safe at 2am?

-----------------------
Edit- I see that you are UNDER 21, which means that you were indeed doing something illegal. Underage DUI only requires something like a 0.02 on the BAC test.

U got lucky!

Last edited by ScapGF; 02-26-2005 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Gangster Member
Cops like to harass people, dont worry bout it. Just dont drink and drive, but everybody does it once a in while, maybe not. But im sure somebody goes to a restuarant has a drink or two and bam DUI, guy was drivin cops tried to get somethin on him.

Old 02-26-2005, 05:03 AM
I know I was lucky but i believe there was no legit reason to pull me over... when he pulled me over I was doing 35. The whole point is that I gave it a good push to the 35 and he gave me problems for it.
If I was going, lets say 50, sure pull me over and give me a ticket, but not when I am driving in a straight line and doing the limit, give me a break.

Old 02-26-2005, 05:05 AM
Gangster Member
Bro buy my system

Old 02-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Just today i was talking about my first time being pulled over on this forum (license plate covers)...LOL. I jynxed myself. oh well. im sticking to my story that i did nothing wrong, just bad luck.

advice to others: be careful with your "illegal stock exhausts!"

Old 02-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by trelokomio
I know I was lucky but i believe there was no legit reason to pull me over... when he pulled me over I was doing 35. The whole point is that I gave it a good push to the 35 and he gave me problems for it.
Remember, cops have discretion to write tickets for wreckless driving and the like. While 35mph isnt fast, it may look a lot faster when coupled with the exhaust note near peak RPM.

I know that it is not necessarily dangerous at all to use full throttle to 35mph, hell, I do it all the time. But I can also see how it draws a lot of attention to a police officer at 2am with the sound resonating off of buildings

Yes, it sucks to get pulled over. But in this situation its not like you were gingerly getting up to speed over a 15 second timeframe.

Enjoy the car, its a keeper!

Old 02-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Dude you were DUI, under 21 and you got off scott free. Let it go already and be glad you didn't wreck your G and kill some poor slob. I can't stand to hear you complaining anymore.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:10 AM
J-Z
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Dude you were DUI, under 21 and you got off scott free. Let it go already and be glad you didn't wreck your G and kill some poor slob. I can't stand to hear you complaining anymore.
so let me get this straight, you do one of the stupidest and most irresponsible things you could possibly do and you have the ***** to complain about getting pulled over and then getting away with it, plus the way you post make its it seem like your trying to say it like we should be proud of you and you think its cool.

GROW UP, your lucky because in new york there is a zero tolerance law, meaning if your 20 or younger (not of legal drinking age) and you get caught with any alcohol in your system you lose your license for at leat a year.

you say you wont do it again but I doubt that, the stats show that most drinkers who drive intoxicated will do it again. Plus your not only putting yourself in danger you are putting some innocent people in danger too. What if you caused an accident and some poor lady who happens to be some little kids mom gets killed?

God forbid some dick like you ever kills someone in my family because they were drinking and driving, I will kill that person myself. There is no excuse for it, I wish you would have got caught, I wish they would have revoked your license and I hope your parents would have taken away the car they bought for you.

Last edited by J-Z; 02-26-2005 at 08:16 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for NO reason