G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pulled over for NO reason

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrElussive
So because you pay for your own car and you work hard, you don't deserve a speeding ticket? 75 in a 55 zone, that's 20mph over the speed limit. The cop didn't talk to you because he didn't want your "I'm sorry officer blah blah blah". You were doing 20mph over the speed limit, that is significant and the fine you were assigned was not particularly excessive. The cost of your ticket is based on how much over the limit you were going.
I never said I wasn't speeding nor did I say I didn't deserve it. I am also well aware of how tickets work. I am simply saying that I was singled out and to me that's bullsh!t. There were 5 other cars doing the same speed as me and he purposely passed them to pull over the kid with the "fancy sports car." I know he's thinking "well his parents are goint to pay for it anyway and he doesn't pay his insurance"--- that's what I was saying. Then he doesn't say a single word?

When you're a police officer you are really doing Public Relations 24/7 and by serving the public you should at least be courteous. If he pulled me over and I just cracked the window and slid out my license and reg, you better believe I'd be out there walking lines and following pens with my eyes. So why the double standard? If my boss found out I was rude to one of our clients, I would be packing my **** in no time. Am I his client? Not really but he represents the state and what kind representation was that? Cops seem to have this John Wayne attitude where they think their untouchable. Thats why I get pissed... you're a PUBLIC SERVANT, not John Gotti.

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 02-28-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Ya I agree to some extent w/ kingofjericho, after all its my tax money along w/ everyone elses that causes my $5000 a month paycheck to only come out to $3300 after (taxes). Our tax money pay's their salaries, they do have a tough job but name more than 10 ppl you know who 'love' or even like their jobs?? My point is too often I see people who treat customers and/or clients like **** b/c they 'hate' what they do. But when you take an oath as a cop, you know what your getting yourself into, a servant of the public to uphold the laws passed. And although 'being nice' isnt a requisite, it should come with the territory IMO...

Old 02-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Ya I agree to some extent w/ kingofjericho, after all its my tax money along w/ everyone elses that causes my $5000 a month paycheck to only come out to $3300 after (taxes). Our tax money pay's their salaries, they do have a tough job but name more than 10 ppl you know who 'love' or even like their jobs?? My point is too often I see people who treat customers and/or clients like **** b/c they 'hate' what they do. But when you take an oath as a cop, you know what your getting yourself into, a servant of the public to uphold the laws passed. And although 'being nice' isnt a requisite, it should come with the territory IMO...
Very well put and exactly my point. Thanks for having my back.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:49 PM
J-Z
did you really think he pulled you over because he saw you were young or because you were driving a sports car? I think its more the latter.

Second of all, you dont know what he was thinking before he pulled you over, he probably didnt eve see you untill he walked up to the car.

He wasnt really rude to you at all, he wasnt freindly but he wasnt rude. And Ill say it again, it doesnt matter if you werent the only one speeding, you were still speeding. Is that what your gonna tell the judge? because honestly the judge will probably laugh in your face because your admiting guilt, but still dont think that you deserve a ticket because you were the only one that got caught, Im no saint but if I get a ticket and I knew what I was doing could get me a ticket I would take it like a man.

Last edited by J-Z; 02-28-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho
I never said I wasn't speeding nor did I say I didn't deserve it. I am also well aware of how tickets work. I am simply saying that I was singled out and to me that's bullsh!t. There were 5 other cars doing the same speed as me and he purposely passed them to pull over the kid with the "fancy sports car." I know he's thinking "well his parents are goint to pay for it anyway and he doesn't pay his insurance"--- that's what I was saying. Then he doesn't say a single word?

When you're a police officer you are really doing Public Relations 24/7 and by serving the public you should at least be courteous. If he pulled me over and I just cracked the window and slid out my license and reg, you better believe I'd be out there walking lines and following pens with my eyes. So why the double standard? If my boss found out I was rude to one of our clients, I would be packing my **** in no time. Am I his client? Not really but he represents the state and what kind representation was that? Cops seem to have this John Wayne attitude where they think their untouchable. Thats why I get pissed... you're a PUBLIC SERVANT, not John Gotti.
Many people tend to think that just because they got pulled out of a group of cars that they were "singled out" There may be many reasons that he pulled you- often times it is the car in the middle that gets pulled because the way radar works it is easier to justify pulling the middle car...
It may be true to some extent that a sports car would get singled out because there are many arrogant/cocky drivers of such that give a lot of other sports car enthusiasts bad names.
Just because he is a public servant doesn't mean that he is required to be nice to you.That sounds like an"I'm better than you" attitude, like you have a chip on YOUR shoulder. It is attitudes like that that oftentimes causes officers to become callussed to the general public.
But the bottom line is sometimes you play and sometimes you pay.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
First off this whole thread is worthless to begin with and I am adding to this crap.

I am not dissing you KingofJericho but here are a few of my observations.

Cops are public servants but it doesn't mean they have to wipe your butt. You are going to be his customer regardless he's courteous or not as long as he doesn't break the law.

What is this mentality of everyone who doesn't like you must be jealous of young age owning a nice car. For crying out loud it's not a 200k Ferrari. A HS grad going into cop business gets paid like 50k can afford one as well.

I can't believe you are in finance. Paying 900 dollar per month for a 35k car is definately not the way to go unless you are getting an extremely low interests.

Lastly, I agree with you some cops are just asses but same with any other profession.

For every ******** cop there are 5 really good ones but 99% of the time you're only going to run into the ********* because the good ones know their limits and weren't beat up in high school by guys who drove nice cars. I am going on tuesday to fight a ticket I got up in Worcester, Mass. I was going 75 in a 55 with a group of about 6 cars, I was right in the middle (anyone who wants to lecture me about speeding can suck me sideways, we all do it. If I didn't like going fast I'd go buy a Lincoln Towncar)

Now here I am a babyfaced 23yr old driving a $38K car with Connecticut plates. Cop is thinking "College kid, parents bought car, parents pay insurance, everyone in CT is rich anyway" Reality: 23yr old Portfolio Analyst got up at 4:55AM to schlepp to NYC and work 11 hours, then gets in the car that he himself pays $900 a month to drive to go and visit friends in New Hampshire. This was my conversation with the police officer:

Evan: Hi officer, how are you tonight?
Cop: License and Registration.
(walks away immediately saying nothing else)
Evan: (to girlfriend in passengers seat)Um... did I run over his son?
literally 20 minutes go by...... I see cop returning finally
Cop: You were speeding, here's your ticket.
Evan: (again to girlfriend) Um... did he just get back in his car?
Cop drives away...

I look down at the ticket and fire immediately comes out of my ears and eyes
$310.... I wanted to chase the cop...

Bottom line. Crappy cops ruin the reputation of good cops and it's a shame. I don't think anyone with that terrible of a personality should be handing out tickets...I mean protecting and serving.

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Old 02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by CarCrazed
Cops are public servants but it doesn't mean they have to wipe your butt. You are going to be his customer regardless he's courteous or not as long as he doesn't break the law.
Ok so when you go into the DMV and the people there are complete a$$holes because they know there is no competition that's totally cool with you? Just because you have no choice doesn't mean he should be a dick. period.

What is this mentality of everyone who doesn't like you must be jealous of young age owning a nice car. For crying out loud it's not a 200k Ferrari. A HS grad going into cop business gets paid like 50k can afford one as well.
I never said he hated me and I never said that everyone is jealous of me. I'm saying I was singled out because I drove a nice car (which it is for a 23 yr old) with out of state plates, you can't say that doesn't happen... Is it a Ferrari? no, but in certain parts of the country it may as well be. This was speculation on my part and though I don't know what he was thinking when he pulled me over, neither do any of you.

I can't believe you are in finance. Paying 900 dollar per month for a 35k car is definately not the way to go unless you are getting an extremely low interests.
My car was fully loaded and I was getting 3.9% Financing, on a $39,000 car, do the math, the payments were over $600 alone. On top of that the insurance was $255 a month 8 months a year (4 on two off). I rounded up and I sold it to buy a Condo, any more questions Mr.Noseypants? I'M KIDDING don't flame

Old 02-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Ok so when you go into the DMV and the people there are complete a$$holes because they know there is no competition that's totally cool with you? Just because you have no choice doesn't mean he should be a dick. period.
Generally it's not okay for anyone to be an ***, but the way you put it it sounded like they need to bend over backwards to please you, and I am not the only one who picked up on that attitude. (Refering to previous posts)

I never had a problem with DMV tho. Never have to go to one. License renewed on online. Registration gets mailed to be regularly as long as I pay the fee.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:01 PM
I am simply saying that I was singled out and to me that's bullsh!t. There were 5 other cars doing the same speed as me and he purposely passed them to pull over the kid with the "fancy sports car." I know he's thinking "well his parents are goint to pay for it anyway and he doesn't pay his insurance"--- that's what I was saying. Then he doesn't say a single word?

you're a PUBLIC SERVANT, not John Gotti.
Actually, the cop could also have been thinking about the other 23y/o kid who was killed when involved in an accident above the speed limit and about the innocent family he ran into and killed.

Get real, cops see accidents and fatalities on a daily basis. You honestly expect him to feel sorry for you?

I speed, but if I get pulled over I own up to it. You are a member of society who gets a ticket when pulled over, not the Teflon Don John Gotti.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Generally it's not okay for anyone to be an ***, but the way you put it it sounded like they need to bend over backwards to please you, and I am not the only one who picked up on that attitude. (Refering to previous posts)
I never said I wanted anyone to bend over backwards for me but I do like to be treated with some courtesy. If you knew me you'd know that I am not that type of person. I'm incredibly down to earth and treat everyone with respect. I treat a bum on the street with the same amount of respect and courtesy as I do a multimillion dollar client. I am a firm believer in treating others as you wish to be treated. If that makes me the arrogant ***** that you seem to think I am then so be it. It's simply off the mark.

My point was that I was being very friendly to this man and he simply ignored me and basically threw the ticket onto my lap saying "here's your ticket." I don't like going to the register at a gas station or a grocery store and asking the person how they're doing and have them say absolutely nothing, then I pay and they throw the receipt at me. Don't tell me that's fine with you because I don't believe it for a second.

I knew someone would post about how many deaths speeding causes, etc., etc. but after driving for over an hour on a 65mph road then having the limit drop to 55mph, 75mph is not outrageous. I wasn't drunk and topping out my car on a sidestreet, I was in a group of other cars all doing the same speed in extremely light traffic (it was 11pm on a thursday) on a major highway. Was I speeding and did I deserve a ticket? YES!!!!! But my gripe was with the way the cop ignored my attempts to be cordial and was just plain rude. Now istead of just him having a bad night or a bad attitude, now I am also having a bad night.

PS - I NEVER said the cop should feel bad for me EVER. I JUST SAID TO BE NICE TO YOUR FELLOW MAN!! Speeders are people too.

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 02-28-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:30 PM
J-Z
I never said I wanted anyone to bend over backwards for me but I do like to be treated with some courtesy. If you knew me you'd know that I am not that type of person. I'm incredibly down to earth and treat everyone with respect. I treat a bum on the street with the same amount of respect and courtesy as I do a multimillion dollar client. I am a firm believer in treating others as you wish to be treated. If that makes me the arrogant ***** that you seem to think I am then so be it. It's simply off the mark.

My point was that I was being very friendly to this man and he simply ignored me and basically threw the ticket onto my lap saying "here's your ticket." I don't like going to the register at a gas station or a grocery store and asking the person how they're doing and have them say absolutely nothing, then I pay and they throw the receipt at me. Don't tell me that's fine with you because I don't believe it for a second.

I knew someone would post about how many deaths speeding causes, etc., etc. but after driving for over an hour on a 65mph road then having the limit drop to 55mph, 75mph is not outrageous. I wasn't drunk and topping out my car on a sidestreet, I was in a group of other cars all doing the same speed in extremely light traffic (it was 11pm on a thursday) on a major highway. Was I speeding and did I deserve a ticket? YES!!!!! But my gripe was with the way the cop ignored my attempts to be cordial and was just plain rude. Now istead of just him having a bad night or a bad attitude, now I am also having a bad night.

PS - I NEVER said the cop should feel bad for me EVER. I JUST SAID TO BE NICE TO YOUR FELLOW MAN!! Speeders are people too.
like most of said, it would have been more polite if he was polite to you but you were probably the umpteenth person he pulled over, I feel the same way you do in regards to being treated and treat with respect but not everyone is like that so I brush it off as them having a bad day and I dont let it get to me, it would be different if his was yelling at you cursing etc... he was just not freindly, point being dont let it get to you its not worth the stress.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
be careful, (even a first time) dui is a VERY serious charge in most states now. In some cases it is as bad, if not worse than some felony charges. Most state's police officer's bonuses, promotions, salaries, commedations, etc are all based on (dui) arrests...... you do the math. And (in most states) a police officer does not have to prove you have a blood alochol level over any specific amount to charge and arrest you for dui. If charged with Dui, you may be in jail as long as 2-3 days before you even have the chance to bail out.

Jail and a criminal charge is not fun, so be careful out there!

Last edited by redwillow; 02-28-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:20 PM
A HS grad going into cop business gets paid like 50

where the hell do you live? doesn't happen like that around here. maybe chicago pd starts near 50, but the suburbs don't. and we have a thing called a wait list. recent high school grads need not apply. must be different in your area.

you had me on your side until that comment.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Let’s picture this scenario: You, irregardless of how much you think you have had to drink, being under 21 are driving under the influence of alcohol. Now, someone younger than you, even less experienced at driving takes the parents car out for a drive. Say you are approaching an intersection and you have the right of way, but the other less experienced driver does not judge your rate of speed and pulls right in front of you. You t-bone the other car which instantly kills the 17 year old female driver. Guess what, you’re under 21 and are driving under the influence, regardless of blood alcohol level. You may not even get a ticket because you were not speeding, but odds are you will most likely get charged with vehicular manslaughter and serve time in jail.

This happened to a friend of mine, 5 years in jail with a plea bargain. The Judge made an example out of him. Plea with DA was for one year, judge unfortunately did as he wished. He never drank, and did not this night. He was a 4.0 student and only one semester from graduating college. He drove a nice car which was modified with exhaust, etc. He was probably doing 55mph in a 45mph zone, but a witness gave a statement to the fact that he thought he was racing just because he passed a slower car in the fast lane by using the slow lane. (Sure) Exhaust note probably aided this fact. In any case, the girl died instantly. She had her license for less than one month. The friends following behind her gave a statement that she should not have pulled out in front of him. Cops, parents, DA played the “race” card. “Race” as in racing! Charged him with vehicular manslaughter, etc….

Long story, but he just got out of jail 5 month ago. Bad enough that he says he used to cry himself to sleep for about a year, not because he was in jail, but because he couldn’t rest at night without picturing the girls dead body in her car when he checked on her just after the accident. He was saved by airbags; her head was not spared due to the direct side impact from his car. In any case, the worst thing about the whole situation is that wrong, right, or indifferent, he has to live with the fact that his actions, direct or indirect, caused the life of another human being. We can all speculate on who’s fault is might have been, but he decided to plea because he felt that in his heart if he was not going 10mph over the limit, that the accident might have had a different outcome.

So, it is not how pissed you were to get pulled over for no reason, not how much of an a$$ the cop was, but how stupid you were to put yourself and others in a situation that could result in a life altering event.

You don’t want to have to live with the consequences. Who cares about the money factor, losing your license, and not being able to drive your precious car. The real consequence is loss of life and freedom.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for NO reason