G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

how do u do a burnout? im still a newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, last I checked people had a sense of humor. This is an online forum, what did you expect? Lighten up, enjoy your day, get up on the right side of the bed, ride your horse into the sunset

Old 03-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by ScapGF
kaigenx and Z2G

I guess that you two are not interesting in racing at all. No biggie, to each his own. I should have added that disclaimer to my post

And no Z2G, wanting to know how to do a proper burnout has nothing to do with doing lame *** parking lot stunts. Please....

SnMDesignStudio- it may seem obvious to you, but this kid is just learning. Cut him some slack. And NO, its not just about reving to redline and dumping the clutch.
Damn, he left me out, I'm so disappointed.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by ScapGF
I plan on tracking this car(no 1/4 please, strictly auto-x and scca type events). So if I ask advice on how well balanced the car is during a trailing throttle oversteer situation would you then STILL poke fun?
....Yes....

Old 03-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by Lucino
Don't tell me you don't enjoy watching a Supra or a Shelby, a Corvette, or even better, a Lambo smoking its tires and doing donuts....
Speak for yourself. I don't enjoy watching cars smoking their tires and doing donuts. Seems silly and juvenile. Even more so in an Infiniti.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Wow, not many drag racers here eh? Either that or you don't like having traction at the track and like being loose down the 1/4 mile? I don't know if the orignal poster wanted this knowledge so that he could get his tires nice and sticky(I doubt it). But some of you seem dead against burnouts as if it is a crime, when it's quite necessary at the strip for maximum traction. I personally went to an empty parking lot and practiced burnouts with my camaro when I first started getting into drag racing. Yes camaro, I'm sure someone will comment on that but my camaro ran a 12.98 bone stock after getting my tires nice and hot(after burnouts...who knew). I haven't ran my G at the track yet, and don't really plan to. Anyway, you could also cheat on your burnouts and get a "line lock"..it a button you press, and it locks your front wheels, and you just press the throttle. Here's one: http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=144

Old 03-02-2005, 10:22 AM
ya i'll admit to screeching tires (switch off VDC slam gas pedal) every once in a while when i feel the need for speed. im not doing it for other's to notice, but just out of thrill and andrenaline. ive learned there are topics to so called 'avoid' on this forum.... (burnouts/dounts, neon lighting, lambo doors specifically). Alot of people love to call out others for being ricey, and i get the impression people think its 'ricey' to do a burnout, unless ur at the track hence all the flaming. Also most noob's tend to post in the G35 coupe general forum... NOW if he had posted in the off topic forums or somewhere else...outcome may have been different...

Old 03-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by pdjafari
NOW if he had posted in the off topic forums or somewhere else...outcome may have been different...
Great prediction Nostradamus

Old 03-02-2005, 10:41 AM
xcelr8,

thats the first smartass post you've made w/o a pic that ive seen in some time....did you run out of gifs? lemme know i got you covered

Old 03-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Attached Thumbnails how do u do a burnout? im still a newbie-room-funny.jpg  
Old 03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
there you go!! good to see you still got more, i started to get worried!!

Old 03-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Opinion

Quiksilver - register on my350Z.com, you may get more cooperative responses there.

I agree with what EVERYONE says. My opinion is that your not going to find too many people who bought a G to be into this sort of things.

I only suggested the 350z forum because it's basically the same engine...

Good luck!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Boy it is hot on this thread... someone call the fire department... Although, I thought that the Go Go Gadget Burnout post was the funniest.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:21 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
For starters, disconnect the traction control fuse (damn new cars).
I don't understand why some G's have to do this and some don't. I have the G in my sig and I've never had to remove any fuses...just turn off VDC. HHHMMMMMMM

Old 03-02-2005, 12:22 PM
this thread reminds me of the fire out the exhaust pipes one

Old 03-02-2005, 12:23 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Daniel_G
Wow, not many drag racers here eh? Either that or you don't like having traction at the track and like being loose down the 1/4 mile? I don't know if the orignal poster wanted this knowledge so that he could get his tires nice and sticky(I doubt it). But some of you seem dead against burnouts as if it is a crime, when it's quite necessary at the strip for maximum traction. I personally went to an empty parking lot and practiced burnouts with my camaro when I first started getting into drag racing. Yes camaro, I'm sure someone will comment on that but my camaro ran a 12.98 bone stock after getting my tires nice and hot(after burnouts...who knew). I haven't ran my G at the track yet, and don't really plan to. Anyway, you could also cheat on your burnouts and get a "line lock"..it a button you press, and it locks your front wheels, and you just press the throttle. Here's one: http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=144
Hey Daniel, I see you're in Whittier...wanna meet with me at LACR tonight...I'm creating a thread in the SoCal forum right now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how do u do a burnout? im still a newbie