Cel flashing vdc off light and slip light on - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member



Cel flashing vdc off light and slip light on

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 01-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cel flashing vdc off light and slip light on

I just bought my 03 g35 coupe 6mt 98k the engine light was on when I bought it and it had a noticeable misfire hooked up to comp bank 1 and 2 02 sensors and random misfire changed the plugs and coils got stuck the next day could go about 5 mph the cats were no good replaced them and the 2 o2 sensors car is running much better can nearly hear the misfire but the vdc and slip light was on right after fixing the cats and 02s and after 3 miles the cel started flashing during acceleration and after 24 hours it's constantly flashing thinking fuel injectors next but thought I'd see if this happened to anyone else before I replace injectors. Note the car is running very good if you Wernt listening for the misfire you wouldn't know it was other than flashing cel. Any help would be appreciated ...no mods that I know of
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-12-2018, 11:12 PM
cleric670@gmail's Avatar
Cleric670
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,956
Thanked 181 Times in 177 Posts
What diagnostic code?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What diagnostic code?
Random misfire
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo5812 View Post
Random misfire
Change the cam and crank sensors. Those can trip the above lights and the misfires.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgonz951 View Post
Change the cam and crank sensors. Those can trip the above lights and the misfires.
Wouldn't they throw a code for the cam and crank
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2018, 01:43 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,535
Thanked 1,221 Times in 987 Posts
I was under the impression that a flashing CEL indicated a very serious issue that needed attention and it was recommended to shut the car down immediately, not sure if that's true or not.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
I was under the impression that a flashing CEL indicated a very serious issue that needed attention and it was recommended to shut the car down immediately, not sure if that's true or not.....
Flashing cel means the car has a misfire depending on how serious the misfire is or what is causing it could be serious but that's what flashing cel means
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2018, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,359
Thanked 85 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo5812 View Post
I just bought my 03 g35 coupe 6mt 98k the engine light was on when I bought it and it had a noticeable misfire hooked up to comp bank 1 and 2 02 sensors and random misfire changed the plugs and coils got stuck the next day could go about 5 mph the cats were no good replaced them and the 2 o2 sensors car is running much better can nearly hear the misfire but the vdc and slip light was on right after fixing the cats and 02s and after 3 miles the cel started flashing during acceleration and after 24 hours it's constantly flashing thinking fuel injectors next but thought I'd see if this happened to anyone else before I replace injectors. Note the car is running very good if you Wernt listening for the misfire you wouldn't know it was other than flashing cel. Any help would be appreciated ...no mods that I know of
Use your scan tool!

by
Turn the light off and see it it returns.

Telcoman
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcoman View Post
Use your scan tool!


by

Turn the light off and see it it returns.

Telcoman
Already did but I can hear the misfire it's not bad but I can hear it
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Today, 12:55 PM
cleric670@gmail's Avatar
Cleric670
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,956
Thanked 181 Times in 177 Posts
Pull all the plugs, inspect them and coils for damage, inspect the harness. Pull the catalytic converters and inspect for damage.

Make sure you are torquing the spark plugs and not just guessing how tight they are.

Use a scan tool to monitor fuel trim and try to judge which side the problem is coming from but I have a feeling you'll know as soon as you pull plugs. a couple will probably look different from the rest.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slip Light, Vdc Off Light, Service Engine Soon Light Off & On Reckless_405 General Tech Questions 0 01-28-2015 07:39 AM
CEL, VDC OFF, SLIP with DTC of 4003? dkeets General Tech Questions 1 01-13-2015 02:17 PM
Help, VDC OFF light, SLIP light, and SERVICE ENGINE SOON light all on Mark7 General Tech Questions 5 09-23-2014 04:54 AM
slip --- slip --- slip --- slip netcbc Canada 19 12-03-2007 07:10 PM
Brake Light, Slip Light, And Vdc Light Wont Turn Off!!!!!!! VQPWNAGE03 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 12 08-31-2007 03:19 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, G35DRIVER.COM All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: