G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Blinking Service Engine Soon Light the. Disappeared

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinking Service Engine Soon Light the. Disappeared

Quick note about my car before I go in the story.
i have a 2005 G35 Coupe 6SMT with 115,0xx

today i spent all afternoon changing my rotors and brake pads. Nothing crazy or serious. Just basic maintenance. Once I installed everything the first thing I noticed after replacing my rotors and brake pads is my e-brake handle is not super stiff and sensitive. I didn’t bother adjusting or even touching the brake lines in that matter but it didn’t bother me at all. Anyways back to the story so I went out for a drive to break in the pads and rotors. As typically 0-60 hard stops and 0-80 light gental stops. Everything went well and fine. After I got comfortable with the brake I really wanted to test out the stopping power because I got the drilled and slotted rooters. So I really gave the car some gas topped off my 4th gear and slowed down. I was pretty impressed with how well the brakes were doing. So I did it again. I down shifted to 3rd and then 2nd and then I punched it. Topped 2nd gear and then topped 3rd gear and as I was about to put it in to 4th I got a blinking flashing Service Engine Soon light. I’d say it was blinking for a good 30 seconds or so while it was blinking I had the car in neutral. Eventually the blinking service engine soon light stopped and went away. I checked for codes there was none. I turned off and on my car multiple times and tried to replicate the scenario. No flashing lights no codes no nothing. Is this something I should be worried about? I’m not super car savvy but I know the basics into trouble shooting. Has anyone expireced this problem?

Old 09-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Potentially wires wearing and grounding out where they shouldn't be, or a loose bolt on a sensor. I'd get the code read, but you really weren't doing anything out of the norm for a G35 lol.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:06 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Blinking check engine light usually means you should pull over and stop running the engine to avoid damage, but if the light is gone and the engine runs fine whatever was happening isn't happening anymore. It might come back again if it was a sensor starting to go bad or something like that.

I had a intermittent blinking CEL for a really bad misfire due to a failed coil pack at 120k, but it was really obvious the engine wasn't running right.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for your input/suggestions
I’m not so sure about the sensors because I recently have had my local dealership replace all 4 camshaft sensors on my g35. However the grounding could be a thought. Not sure I drove the car today runs buttery smooth. I have done a handful of pulls. No weird sounds or anything wrong with the engine. I also did a oil and oil filter change today just to be on the safe side. I always change oil every 3k miles oil levels looks normal as always. My car is pretty much completely stock since 2005. I do still have the factory coils and spark plugs in the G35. About 10k miles ago my dealership told me sometime in the near future I should look into getting my spark plugs replaced since I’m still using the factory plugs. But like I said car runs great, no weird viabrations, sounds, or anything in the matter. I think the best cause was the grounding issue. I’ll keep posted if something comes up within a week or so.