G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Speedometer trouble - Slip light off trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedometer trouble - Slip light off trouble

So before any comments fly out about this being mentioned many times, my situation differs significantly then any other post I have seen or used the power of google to research.

My problem is that, the VDC and ABS lights are on but the Slip light is not. I disabled my VDC and ABS meaning the slip light should automatically be on along with them, but it isn’t.
The slip light deals with the speed sensors on your vehicle to sense it’s speed, therefore giving you your speed on your speedometer. For the light to not come on it means the system isn’t getting power, and that is because the fuse is blown. The fuse I am referring to for the ABS that deals with the speed sensor is located at the fuse box behind the battery.
Previously I had this problem and the fix was replacing the speed sensor at the rear near the diff, I popped in a new fuse and perfecto. But now of course the fuse is blown again and I tried replacing it, only for it to blow again. I then replaced the speed sensor and the fuse still continues to blow. I then went on to replacing the speed sensors in the front of the vehicle and the fuse for the ABS still blows. I traced the wires and there aren’t any open or bent wires. My ABS box on the right side of the engine bay, is hooked up and there is nothing wrong with the fuses for the main VDC and ABS system that consist of the 30 30 40 fuse.

I am thinking maybe my ABS Box went bad and is the problem causing the short, or possibly the cruise control sensor under the pedal may have went bad causing it to somehow effect the abs that deals with speed and shorting it out.

any thoughts on what it might possibly be?
has anyone had this similar problem and what did you do to fix it?

Old 12-13-2018, 08:27 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Before you buy any more parts take the car to an Infiniti or Nissan dealer and pay the diagnostic fee to have them tell you exactly what is wrong. Electrical problems are a pain in the azz and can sometimes be impossible to diagnose on your own.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Before you buy any more parts take the car to an Infiniti or Nissan dealer and pay the diagnostic fee to have them tell you exactly what is wrong. Electrical problems are a pain in the azz and can sometimes be impossible to diagnose on your own.
yeah im thinking about doing that, because it’s getting ridiculous lol.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:40 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
I'm looking at the wiring diagram and I'm no expert. But, it looks like there is also a 10A and 5A fuse coming off the ignition switch (G/Y wire that goes into pins 22/23 on the cluster). There is also an OR/B wire coming from the ABS unit from pin 63 (marked SLIP Lamp) to pin 37 of the cluster as well. Maybe one of those wires is rubbing and causing a short to ground?