G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe, BMW M3, or Mitsubishi Lancer Evo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too add insult to injury you're asking questions like "which years have the Navigation that pops up from the dash?" and "where can I find performance accessories?" Come on, definitely not ready for one of these.

Old 03-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I was 16 and someone offered me the choice of one of those three cars there's no way I would turn down the offer. You are a lucky guy and I understand why you won't settle for something else. I'll skip the lecuture about responsibility and just say drive carefully.

One thing I will note is that you are looking at cars at two different ends of the spectrum. On one hand you have the EVO that, given a few K in mods, will outhandle and outrun the M3 and G35 easily, but it will do so at the sacrifice of luxury, civility, and low-end grunt. On the other hand you have the G and M which are both solid performance cars with some luxury and (IMO) much better looks. Here are some things to think about:

If you want inexpensive modability and the car with the most sporting potential get the EVO. Those cars can be made into 11 second beasts without a huge investment. They handle great and can stop on a dime. Of course, all this comes at the sacrivice of reliability and comfort. The EVO is loud, ugly, uncomfortable, and is definitely not a chick magnet (unless you find a girl who really knows her cars).

If you want a reasonably priced, very reliable, great looking luxury/sports touring car get the G. It looks great, comes at a pretty good price, holds it's value, and is the most reliable car of the bunch. On top of that, it's pretty capapble in the sporting category, but it is simply too heavy to ever be a great track car (well, without major modification).

If you want the best mix of both worlds (sport and luxury) go with the M. I would have picked this car over the G, but for two things. 1) Price - M3's are definitely more expensive than a G. 2) Reliability - while the 3 series has proven to be pretty reliable, the M3 has suffered from reliability issues.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you get.

Last edited by sarcasmo; 03-19-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:47 PM
meh... my gut tells me you're probably full of ****, and won't be driving anything but a Civic in the near future. However, I might be wrong, and if thats the case, get the M3.

I'd like to think that wealthy people consistently make good decisions, it amazes me how your parents have obtained such wealth yet lack basic common sense. Car insurance premiums are based on risk, if $3000/every six months for insurance isn't a deterrant, they might just need a slap upside the head - because they're just not getting it.

P.S. I'm not blaming you, you're just a kid wanting a nice car.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If those are your ACTUAL choices.. M3 hands down, No questions.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:15 PM
thank you Sushmaster g35, i couldn't of said it better. Dont worry about me boys, i can take care of myself, and u cant tell me what i deserve or dont deserve cause u aint me and i am not u at 16. It is a new age, 16 year old kids dont get ****ty cars anymore (some that care about cars)they get cars that u would only dreamed of having at 16. Deserving is the stupidest thing i have haver ever heard....if u can afford it, u deserve it! <enough said.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sushmaster_g35
maybe if u older folk get off the damn comp n go to work or somethin then you might be able to buy one for your son in the future and make him happy

LOLLOLOOloolLOLLOOLLOLO nicely put

Old 03-19-2005, 05:19 PM
sales, i can assure you that i am 100% truely going to get one of those cars if not then a vette, and insurance is not a problem, my aunt and mom work and are managers at state farm insurance and i get unbelieveable insurance prices. dont worry.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
this guy seems just a little spoiled. once u smash it you wont be so hot headed.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:26 PM
haha ur funny. i wont smash it, and if i do (thats a BIG "IF") i will just fix it, no problem! dont be jealous cause you couldnt have this car when u wanted it. damn! i asked a simple question and everyone is hating and pissed off for nothing.! it aint my fault i can get these cars! and for all you who responded to this thread answering my question and those who stuck up for me i thank you! Sushmaster and Sarcasmo!

Old 03-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Xristos
haha ur funny. i wont smash it, and if i do (thats a BIG "IF") i will just fix it, no problem! dont be jealous cause you couldnt have this car when u wanted it. damn! i asked a simple question and everyone is hating and pissed off for nothing.! it aint my fault i can get these cars! and for all you who responded to this thread answering my question and those who stuck up for me i thank you! Sushmaster and Sarcasmo!
Well...I'm just saying this at no offense...I just recommend that next time it's probably best not to mention your age and just simply ask the question to avoid all this "hating" in order to get the answers you need. There was no purpose for stating how old you are, just my .02 cents

Old 03-19-2005, 05:35 PM
no offense taken skylineg33, thank you for that, i will never ever state that info again!

Old 03-19-2005, 05:38 PM
At 15 years and you already have your priorities backwards! What you should be thinking of is college not cars - you can have any car you want afterwards maybe the G will be for grandpas when you are ready to really really really and maybe really ready to get a car - even if you are richy rich.

Here is want you should think of - School / College!

Old 03-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Z2G
maybe i've been out of school too long, but how does one get a 4.6 gpa? i know you can get a 4.1 or 4.2 if you take a.p. courses, but i've never heard of a gpa that high before.

another member mentioned that his daddy promised him a m3 when he graduates from college and gets a job. WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO BUY ONE YOURSELF AT THAT POINT, INSTEAD OF TAKING HAND-OUTS FROM MOMMY/DADDY? maybe it's just me, but i have too much pride to accept such a gift from my parents after i've already graduated and starting working.

as far as high school kids getting nice cars, if their parents can afford it, it's all good. of course, i'm not too sure of the safety in handing over a high performance car to such a young driver. but, if his parents are cool with it, let them worry about the high insurance premiums, future traffic tickets, inevitable car accidents, etc.

Last edited by Z2G; 03-19-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:41 PM
i already have a full scholarship to Indiana University for soccer, Berkley University for soccer, and half scholarships to other various colleges. i can afford both a car and college, dont worry!

Old 03-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Z2G, i have no problem taking as you call them "hand outs", because they arent hand outs, they are gifts. and dont worry what i get! as i stated before insurance is not a problem! and yes u can get 4.6....8 classes, all AP or Merrit, 4.6 is easy, the highest is 4.8!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe, BMW M3, or Mitsubishi Lancer Evo?