G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else think the G35 is slow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 05:54 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Anyone else think the G35 is slow

Check this thread out for info on resetting the computer on automatic cars.
https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...&sb=5&part=all

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cali_Eddie.....you used to live in the city of industry.....hey i'm from La Puente. I feel like the only one here with a G.

Old 05-20-2003, 06:11 PM

the Denny's (sylmar) has been infested with cops, so has Glenoaks and In n out and over there.. Now it is filled with a bunch of ricers and beater cars, nothing fancy. Not a place for your G. I took it there one time and just tore up the competition, took out a non-t supra, gs-r, and a wrx who was chicken to run..

Guys, Flames in the valley is where its at. I go there almost every week. It happens on thursdays at around 9:00 P.M. Lots of nice cars including supra's, s2000's, even some G's!, no coupes yet though, only sedans. It's usually a check out the cars and then go race kinda thing.

I brought my coupe in there along with my Z friend, talk ABOUT AN ENTRANCE.. stares left and right. If anyone wants directions or wants to organize a g35 section there, send me a PM! I raced my friend in the Z and took him hehe. I am the master of launching the 5AT in tip mode! w00t!

-Blk/Blk G35c

Old 05-20-2003, 06:13 PM

the 328i has better gearing. So you punch it can get power from any rpm.

The g35 is a dog off the line to me, and doesnt feel as fast as it is. to me an i35 feels faster, but it isnt.

feeling and actually being faster is two different things.

Old 05-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS

Perhaps it's up to how the driver snicks the gears. The Nissan version of Honda's VTEC (CVVTS in Nissan-speak) really opens up at around 3500 rpm - a solid kick in the pants is apparent there, right in the middle of the powerband's midrange. Try it and see. (which btw really begs the question why they refer to it as "continuously" and "variable" ;o) - no answers please, I know why, but it just doesn't feel that way). Spend too much time below that and the car is less inspired. Shift into that zone below 3500, and you're left wanting more. Our G's are best shifted at or near redline to keep the revs up, which thus allows you to stay in the meat of the power. Don't worry about the limiter- it's there to take care of your baby's heart and soul. Put yourself above 6300 and grab the next gear with as much speed and finess as you can (or in the case of the 5AT, with as much effortless enthusiasm as possible). The VDC only intervenes at or near the limit of traction. If you're seeing the slip light and the cockpit is too quiet, you've probably got a tad overzealous and now find yourself 250 hp down from what you were hoping to have at your right foot. Execute properly, with warm tires (the Michelins are really finicky about temperature), and you'll not be concerned with "slow." Instead your concerns will focus on "black and whites", ghost cars, how much disposable income you have left over for court, and how many points you have left ;o).

P.S. On a side note, ripping to redline is so insidious. I'm truly impressed with how linear, flexible, and free revving the VQ engine is in the G/Z state of tune. So easy to whack the limiter in 1st and 2nd. The engine is really unwilling in the SUVs, reluctant in the Maxima, ambivolent in the Altima. Amazing how it comes to life in the G and Z. And if you think there is really a difference between the two, as Nissan would have you believe, ask yourself this. They share the same displacement, idle, redline , torque peak rpm, power peak rpm, .... These last two are the tip-off. What are the odds that they would be able to just "shift" the whole curve down 7 hp. And if that was the case, why is it that C&D's G beat their Z under near identical conditions 0-60 and in the quarter, despite the G weighing over a 120 lbs more. Odd huh. Or just corporate political correctness?

DB

Old 05-20-2003, 06:57 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

1) Crack is bad.
2) the Z got a better time in Quarter mile, barely though, because of the lessened weight.
3) this car is fast but its not up to super-car speeds, you should have gotten a Z06 or viper if you wanted 0-60 times under 4.5, remember our G has only a stock NA 3.5L V6

<font color=green>-Leblau Timmaw</font color=green>

Old 05-20-2003, 07:10 PM

ok trust me even if ur ECU is reducing your power you will still be faster tehn a BMW 3. The RPM needle does not rise very qickly but the car is deffently accererating fast. IF you want more power go for turbos.

Old 05-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Running for his life!!

Yah I think after driving my E55, it may have spoiled me a bit. I really miss that car.

But the times when I've gunned it seem the car really doesnt pull. All I hear is the muffler roaring and the engine growling. Maybe it's so smooth that I don't realize I'm going fast? Still when I think I am going fast I look at the speedometer at it is barely at 60 mph. I really haven't tried to open it up on the freeway yet.

What cause me to post this, is today on an on ramp, some big *** Expedition type looking car (I think it was a Chevy) tailing me, so I dropped it to 2nd and took off. She was still on my ***. I was like WTF..

G35C 6MT / E55

Old 05-20-2003, 07:32 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

some big *** Expedition type looking car (I think it was a Chevy) tailing me, so I dropped it to 2nd and took off. She was still on my ***. I was like WTF..

<hr></blockquote>

Maybe it was supercharged...

Old 05-20-2003, 07:53 PM

Yeah.. even my BMW 323is pushed my back during acceleration. For the G35C, what I got is the muffler noise. I don't have any "push" feeling at all. Doesn't all the high torque car can give you the push feeling?

[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img] 03 G35C - DG/Willow 6-MT Premium Navigation [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah.. you can get a Chevy Suburban with a 454, and those things will haul like you wouldn't believe from zero to freeway speeds. They get kinda squirrelly over 90, though.

(454 = 7.4L V8, if you were wondering)

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-20-2003, 08:12 PM

damn 7.4 liters thats like a [censored] school bus

Old 05-20-2003, 08:14 PM

Those 454 Suburbans must get single digit mpg's[img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2003, 08:21 PM

All of you complaining about your G's lack of power... have you fully broken her in? If so try the battery thing. Mine was a bit tight feeling when new, and would never go much into the red on the tach when shifting. But now with over 6000 miles she goes way into red when shifting at 6200 in manual mode.

Old 05-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprisingly, they actually get low double-digits.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think the G35 is slow