G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else have cracked front headlights? **PICS**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Anyone else have cracked front headlights? **PICS**

I always feel like everytime I post I'm complaining about some problem I'm having. I swear I'm not a complainer by trade but I was outside yesterday just taking a look over my car cuz this winter is finally wearing down and wanted to do a little checkup.

I found that not only 1 but BOTH front headlights are cracked on the inside! its the bottom part of the top headlight on the inside. You can see in these pics a little closer of what I'm talkin about. Has anyone else had these problems? Is this under warranty by chance? I havent been in an accident so i honestly dont get why these would crack like this.....

In the first one you can't really see it, but I took a close up in the second and you can definitely see:

Attached Thumbnails Anyone else have cracked front headlights? **PICS**-light1.jpg   Anyone else have cracked front headlights? **PICS**-light2.jpg  
Old 04-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey tha_kid,

I'm in Cleveland too! Can't say I've taken a real close look at my HLs but from what I've seen they're ok. Hard to understand why they would've cracked from the inside. My first guess would be some small rocks falling off all the damn dirt trucks that are always on I-77 and I-90, but that woulda probably made a ***** on the outside.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe a drastic temp change where it was parked outside on a cold day and the sun heated it up???

PM me if you want to talk Cleveland...

Best,

Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't figure out where you are zoomed in on...

Old 04-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, what ^ said. Try marking it in the other (overall) picture so we can get an idea. Is it inside your housing or outside?

Old 04-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I have the same problem too. Its nothing that was caused by something hitting it though, because its on the inside. I'll be taking it to the dealer sometime soon.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
it's covered under warranty. take it in

Old 04-06-2005, 02:08 PM
you guys should take a close look at your headlights in the sun because i found some dried water marks inside the passenger side. after i had it replaced, i noticed it on the other side also.

as for the crack, i remember there was a thread about this b4, similar crack, but ppl thot it was normal cuz of the shape.

too bad infiniti can't say much but replace it without a hassle.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:13 AM
yeah, just be sure to take it to a shop that will handle your bumper well, and take the time to get it back together right.

had mine done a few months ago.. a better pic. The fogs/highbeams are doing this. Most people dont even notice, its very common.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:07 AM
I had the same problem! It was cracked in an S curve exactly like the pic above. I took it to the dealer and they gave me new 2005 headlights. It's warrantied and they also gave me new HIDs. Take it in and enjoy!

Old 04-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah I'm thinking I'll just swing it by the dealer but the problem is the dealer is like not at all close to me....

What's the difference between 2005 headlights and 2004 headlights though? Is it worth it?

Old 04-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Evil Bastard
is infiniti of bedford that far away from cleveland?

where are you in the cleveland area? the way west side?

Old 04-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Acually i live in Brunswick..i used to live in Cleveland...Brunswick is pretty south compared to the Infiniti Dealer in bedford, which is where I bought my coupe. I live around the corner from a NISSAN dealer though...wonder if they could help me out...

Old 08-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Post Headlight Cracks

Originally Posted by tha_kid
Acually i live in Brunswick..i used to live in Cleveland...Brunswick is pretty south compared to the Infiniti Dealer in bedford, which is where I bought my coupe. I live around the corner from a NISSAN dealer though...wonder if they could help me out...

I know this has been posted but just wanted to remind everyone to check their headlights specially if you're close to being out of warranty. I just had both of mine replaced along with the HID's and 2 other of our DFW members discovered cracked headlight casings as well. Mine were more noticeable whereas they're were hairline and sometimes easy to miss. Da$%^% Nissan unreliable crap....

Old 08-08-2005, 07:31 PM
I hope mine break in '06!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have cracked front headlights? **PICS**