G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Previous RSX Type S owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 04:45 PM
mrb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Previous RSX Type S owners?

I'm wondering about the performance of the G35c 6MT compared to the Type S. I previously owned this car and I'm curious about the performance differences. Does the G feel much faster to you? Is the handling much better, the brakes? Anyone that previously owned this car, I would like to know your thoughts. TIAFAR.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:54 PM
my buddy has one and i ride in it all the time. it is much slower. and no need to talk about the nasty shrieking exhaust note.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I let a friend of mine who owns an RSX-S with a Hondata ECU drive my G35C this weekend and he says the G35 is significantly quicker. He had a blast in it.

Old 04-18-2005, 08:55 PM
mrb
Thx.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
wow...so we are comparing type s with G...
type s X 2 = G (fully loaded)
that tells you something eh?

Old 04-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Not even comparable. You are in for a huge upgrade

Old 04-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Hey all,

I'm a current Type S owner who will be ordering a 6mt in a couple months. I've been reading this and a 350 forum for awile now to decide between the 2. Alas I've chose the G.

I drove my friends 03 G 6mt around for a bit to compare. Fisrt off I have CAI,Hondata #4 and Mugen Sport Suspension on my S. When we race he takes me easily from a dig. From a roll he pulls, but it' a slow pull.

The first thing I noticed while driving the G is the torque difference. It also gets to fuel cut pretty quick. I kept bouncing off the fuel cut (I'm used to my 8900 rev limit ). What was wierd was the G felt faster in the low RPM's, but "felt" slower in the upper RPM's which is probably due to the smoother power band. I'm used to the kick in the butt feeling of the hondata. I will have to get used to the lower redline The 05's did raise the redline though. You will also feel the weight diffence in the handling dept. It felt heavy to me but predictable. I've read on here that the 05 has a stiffer susp. so that should help some. The G looks waaaay better than my S and the interior is much more encapsulating. The S has no center armrest which I always hated about the S. I felt very comfortable yet supported in the G. Road noise is also dramatically louder in the S. I'm still waitng for a test drive in the 05 6mt. My dealer doesn't have any and the 6mts they have coming in are already sold I'm going to test one next time I go to the east coast.

The S is my weekend driver and I drive across the state (FL) to visit the family and the S is a highway racer, not a cruiser. Overall, the G is much more refined than my S and that's what I'm looking for. I love my S and it's been a blast to own and modify, but time to move on..... to G land.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The TypeS felt like a dog after driving my modded Cooper-S.
the G feels VERY HEAVY after drving my Cooper-S. it's definitely more of a
touring car than a sports car.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:49 AM
o man u have a modded MINI?! haha nice

Old 04-19-2005, 02:59 AM
I had a rsx type-s and now a g35 coupe.
First thing, you will notice the torque in the low end. Like Saxin said, you will miss the high revin engine in the RSX. Once you hit 4k rpm in the G35, the car feels slow, No VTEC in this car.

The RSX is superior in Gas mileage (I miss the 27-30mpg), high reving, big trunk space, and cool speedometer. Everything else the g35 is > the RSX. Power, handling, braking, interior, etc. Good luck on your purchase.

this is what my rsx looked like.

Attached Thumbnails Previous RSX Type S owners?-rain.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Cmon Son!
I JUST came out of an RSX-S into my new G that I got this last Sunday. From the get go, you will notice a huge difference in refinement aesthetically. Once you get her going, the torque is so refreshing. I didnt have hondata in mine but just a CAI and Exhaust, so not sure if this next statement applies, but if you are on the highway in 6th gear and want some passing power, flooring the pedal in the RSX didnt cut it. it at least had to come down to 5 or 4 to zoom you past the guy in front of you. In the G, just press the gas pedal in 6th and you are moving. It was an excellent feel.

Until I get used to the car, it "felt" that the RSX had a slight easier pull out of first to get you going, but after that, the G is just moving, and I DO mean moving.

Creature comforts are amazingly better. NAV is awesome, especially with the car info. Every time you get out of the car, you look back and think...wow, thats mine.

There are soo many things man i.e trunk release from the keyfob, window roll down from the keyfob etc...

just get the G man lol. you wont look back, and if you do, it's just for nastolgic purposes heh.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Bruce Gee
I just sold my RSX Type-S and UPGRADED to a G. Way different class level here, you can't even compare these two (performance, options, price, ect). For example the RSX is the same class as Civic SI, Neon STR4, Corrolla S. The G's class is compared to the 350 Z, RX-8, WRX STi, Evo VIII. Hope you understand more better about the G now...this is serious machinery.

Last edited by SKYLINE_05; 04-19-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by SKYLINE_05
I just sold my RSX Type-S and UPGRADED to a G. Way different class level here, you can't even compare these two (performance, options, price, ect). For example the RSX is the same class as Civic SI, Neon STR4, Corrolla S. The G's class is compared to the 350 Z, RX-8, WRX STi, Evo VIII. Hope you understand more better about the G now...this is serious machinery.
Well, I would say the G should be more compared to the BMW 3-series, Acura TL, Audi A4, Jaguar X-Type, and Mercedes Benz C-Class....but same idea, the G is in a way different class level than the RSX Type-S. By the way, I got this list from "competing vehicles" on edmunds.com

Old 04-19-2005, 01:04 PM
mrb
Originally Posted by Buddha
First thing, you will notice the torque in the low end. Like Saxin said, you will miss the high revin engine in the RSX. Once you hit 4k rpm in the G35, the car feels slow, No VTEC in this car.

The RSX is superior in Gas mileage (I miss the 27-30mpg), high reving, big trunk space, and cool speedometer. Everything else the g35 is > the RSX. Power, handling, braking, interior, etc. Good luck on your purchase.

Nice Buddha, here was mine.

Attached Thumbnails Previous RSX Type S owners?-p1010005-resized.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Buddha

Funny, I feel the fun starts at 4k in the G, but it's over at 6k.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Previous RSX Type S owners?