G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2006 Eclipse GT ***new competition***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 06:03 PM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ashadiow
Hmmm... where do you think they got the idea for this picture.....

can you say imitiation.
I hate to start $hit, but companies have been taking pictures like that b/f Infiniti was born.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:16 PM
hm kind of looks like it has 2 front ends.. but who knows.. it mite look nicer on the road

Old 05-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WRAH
I hate to start $hit, but companies have been taking pictures like that b/f Infiniti was born.
It just has the same color ot it and everything, thought it was funny that they are pushing the same style pictures at the exact same time. No biggie.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by dkim-
hm kind of looks like it has 2 front ends.. but who knows.. it mite look nicer on the road
Much like Mom Jeans from JCPenny (SNL skit commercial) it has patented front butt technology.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:28 PM
gtr proto test driver
i like the gauges blue/orange, i really think that its going to be a cool car..who cares if its faster then the G... how many of you guys street race anyways? the G makes you look more adult and sexy

Old 05-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by S-Tuned
i like the gauges blue/orange, i really think that its going to be a cool car..who cares if its faster then the G... how many of you guys street race anyways? the G makes you look more adult and sexy
But we dont want to get owned by ricers!

Old 05-09-2005, 06:35 PM
gtr proto test driver
get a turbo then

naa your right, i know what you mean

Old 05-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by mrb
They are meant for a nice ride with some performance.
So much anger... easy now big guy. Isn't the above the whole intention for the new Eclipse GT? a nice ride with some performance? Since they both offer this, then isn't a comparo garnered? Not to mention similar performance in a straight line. Where the G takes the cake is in styling (IMHO) and handling. Just a thought... we are not comparing your crotch rocket to a touring bike here...

The comparison is a lot closer than you haters are leading on. When R&T makes the comparison, then you know it is going to be coming on the streets. the G's technical closest competition is the 330ci for sure. I would say that those 2 cars are in a class all of their own. But outside influence will be pushing these cars in their redesignin the next couple of years. The Mustang pushing the numebrs it does, this new eclipse, the new GTO, the new EVO IX, the WRX STI, all these cars getting as fast and comfy as they are is going to really push Nissan and challenge them to come up with something great for the next G/Z.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by S-Tuned
The Ice blue gauges are really nice!

Old 05-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Any transverse mounetd engine car is just not enough driving fun for me, sorry. even if it's 'all-track'; you can't compare to RWD or AWD based on the inline drivetrain like the G35x and other true all AWD platforms IMO. FWD and transverse AWD just feels 'funky'.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:47 PM
mrb
So much anger... easy now big guy. Isn't the above the whole intention for the new Eclipse GT? a nice ride with some performance? Since they both offer this, then isn't a comparo garnered? Not to mention similar performance in a straight line. Where the G takes the cake is in styling (IMHO) and handling. Just a thought... we are not comparing your crotch rocket to a touring bike here...

The comparison is a lot closer than you haters are leading on. When R&T makes the comparison, then you know it is going to be coming on the streets. the G's technical closest competition is the 330ci for sure. I would say that those 2 cars are in a class all of their own. But outside influence will be pushing these cars in their redesignin the next couple of years. The Mustang pushing the numebrs it does, this new eclipse, the new GTO, the new EVO IX, the WRX STI, all these cars getting as fast and comfy as they are is going to really push Nissan and challenge them to come up with something great for the next G/Z.
Is this car rear wheel drive? Is it a luxury car? Nope, it's just another case of a guy playing magazine jockey.

Hell if the engine was what all it was about, we'd all be driving Sti's or have them on order. I'm not hating on the car, I'm hating on the constant in a straight line small dick contests If you are going to compare, compare it all, not just in a straight line bs. And I could care less either way, if it's faster, slower. BTW, shouldn't this be in the other cars forum?

Old 05-09-2005, 06:49 PM
The inline drive train of the G35x??????? You mean like the audi right?

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Eclipse GT ***new competition***-170_pg4-2.jpg  
Old 05-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
not my cup of tea. If i was to get a new car with FWD, i'd rather drive a scion tc or a solara

Old 05-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by mrb
Is this car rear wheel drive? Is it a luxury car? Nope, it's just another case of a guy playing magazine jockey.

Hell if the engine was what all it was about, we'd all be driving Sti's or have them on order. I'm not hating on the car, I'm hating on the constant in a straight line small dick contests If you are going to compare, compare it all, not just in a straight line bs. And I could care less either way, if it's faster, slower. BTW, shouldn't this be in the other cars forum?
Not rear drive, but tell me what makes a luxury car... name brand... because we share the same options, tell me what the G has that the Eclipse doesn't. The only thing I couldn't find in the eclipse was navigation, an option almost none of the G owners have. The straight line stuff does get old, but straight line contests have been around for as long as there have been cars, and even before there were cars. And yeah, it should be in the other cars forum. I did compare its handling and looks and what not. so don't get started on how I have not compared other things here.

Old 05-09-2005, 07:06 PM
gtr proto test driver
but tell me what makes a luxury car... name brand
its important .. i could have the nicest most luxurious honda out there, but its like the commercial says "its still a honda"

Last edited by S-Tuned; 05-09-2005 at 07:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 Eclipse GT ***new competition***