need 2 vent !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 09:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: need 2 vent !!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck bro.
You said he's on vacation when you have your court date. So the judge will throw it out anyway.
As far as the Intake is concerned , It should be already approved by carb for Injen. If it's not on the intake itself, or on the box or packaging, call Injen and ask what their carb approval # is.
If you have to hire those ticket fighter guys, or even a lawyer it would be worth it to keep your record clean. G/L

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 06-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem: California! Solution=Get Carb Cert From Injen...Stillen has them for their intakes. Sorry to hear about your hassle.....go to Court, show the paper for the Injen..plead NG to speeding, they have got to have hard copy evidence......no subjective eyeball judgements do it anymore !

Growler

Old 06-06-2003, 10:06 PM

Also, draw up a basic timeline of where you were, how far away from work you were and when you were expected to show up indicating that there was no reason to be speeding at this time of day. I believe the citing cop has to appear. Jerk him off of vacation if even that was true !! Good luck. ...dean

Seattle 'Eastside' area
'R' Order - IP/Graphite 6MT Coupe; Prem., Nav. & XM [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought that once they (police officer) do not appear in court that they throw out the ticket??[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2003, 10:19 PM

Hear in FL if the [censored] doesn't go to court they automatically rule in your favor but I would think Cali should have this too.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:19 PM

Very true Merlin...

A cop got me for speeding...

I really was speeding...lol I admit it..

But my dumb @ss wanted to fight it and knowing I didn't have a chance I didn't know what to expect... Next thing you know the cop never should up, judge told me that and he tossed the ticket in the garbage.. Case closed nadda on my record...

Old 06-06-2003, 10:25 PM

Generally, if you do show up in court and plead not guilty, if the issuing officer is not there, then the case is ruled in your favor by default.

It is always good to get a good look at the officer and make sure you can recognize him. At the very minimum get the badge number and write it down.

If you see the fukr in the court room, quietly exit before your case is called and pay the ticket. I don't care how many witnesses you have with you. In moving violation cases, the judge hears the cop, not you.

I wish I could mount a camera in the car with me at all times for cases like these....And if the camera is in the car, it would be on and recording. That would kick so much *** to show up in court to dispute everything....The cops have that ability in their cars....If the cop is there, ask to see the tape from the police car. That should show the pacing speed and for how long, as well as some of the audio from the conversation with the cop.

If you ask for the police car tape, that will delay your case hearing as I think that all video is archived until all cases are closed, no matter how minor they are.

&lt;p&gt;
hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 06-06-2003, 11:15 PM
G SQUAD

I don't know about CA, but in NY, they will allow one no show for the officer, which means you go to court, waste your time and then they issue you a new court date. If he's a no show the next time, its dismissed. That's NY. I was also recently paced and stopped and beat the bastard in court.

Here's the story:

Basically, on one of our AR15 shoots, i was pulled over and cited for 70 in a 55 on the long island expressway. The officer claimed he paced me at that speed.

So i tell the judge about the whole set of circumstances and request an adjournment so i can retain counsel, since the stakes are high and i need every opportunity to prevail over this claim.

JUDGE SAYS NO! The color of my face must have indicated an impending heart attack, so he gave me 10 minutes to prepare my defense. So i go outside, prepare and come back in.

Mr PO is there and gives his whole load of [censored] story. I then ask to question the witness. Judge allows and I ask him when the last time his speedometer was checked for accuracy. He says December 3, 2002. I informed him that that was after I was pulled over and ask him for the service date (WITH RECORDS) of his car that preceeded his stop of me that took place in Oct of 2002. He tells me that the last one before that was Dec of 2001. I asked him if that was a long period of time and he said that it was. I then asked him if any adjustments were made on Dec of 2002 since he had the service records.

HE INDICATED YES! I then asked him what adjustment was made, since that date was in close proximity to the date that he pulled me over. He couldn't answer that. So I asked him if it were possible that i was not going 70 at the time he pulled me over, he answered yes, that i could have been going faster.

I then asked him again if I could also have been going slower, he answered yes, but that the speedometer was accurate on the date he pulled me over. I then asked him if he's a mechanic or qualified to certify the accuracy of speedometers, he answered no. My next question was "Considering that the speedometer was adjusted roughly a month after you cited me and also considering you are not a mechanic who can certify as to the accuracy of the speedometer on Oct 2002, how can you be sure that i was not going less than 70 MPH?" He answered that he couldn't know for sure.

Judge interupts and says, "Thank you Mr. Balzac, I think I've heard enough, dismissed, D12."

Basically, the officer will have to present all evidence as to the accuracy of the equipment that he used to attain your speed. If you are able to get service records, that's even better, however, your witness is your best evidence.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU GO IN SUIT AND TIE!!!!! Judges dig that [censored]! SERIOUSLY.

Another thing you can do is defeat it on a technicallity, which would come via defect in the ticket. Verify that every letter, number, dot and check is PERFECT. Defect in the citation is the easiest way to get out of it.

Additionally, bring the Carb certificate to court with you and show the judge that you had it on the day you were cited, but the cop was intent on harrassing you and writing tickets. Your witness can back this up as well.

2003.5 - G35 6spd - Diamond Graphite/Graphite leather, prem, aero package/kit

Old 06-07-2003, 10:42 AM

In my Court, the "technicalities", such as a misspelled name, wrong birthdate, etc. can be easily remedied by the PA amending the ticket by interlineation (i.e. simply writing in the correct information). So do not think just because the officer misspelled "Infinity", that you are going to get you out of the ticket. Be prepared, but remember that most judges are not too keen on hearing a bunch of speeding trials, as we have much more important business to take care of. I would also add that unless you normally wear a suit and tie everyday, do NOT "dress up" for Court. Dress appropriately (no t-shirts tank-tops, etc), but a suit and tie is too much, unless it is your normal attire. If you are a ditch digger and appear in a suit and tie, the judge may question your credibility. Make your case go as quickly as possible, as the Judge will be anxious to get on to the "more important" cases on the docket. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2003, 11:21 AM
Montgomery's Finest

intake law

i have never heard of that before..... I would try to take it to court but at first get more people's opinions on what actions you can take.... Do you have anyone who knows officers ???? Get them to ask if you do.... But get ready for **** like that.... Trust me i have encountered that same ****!!!! Stay on your Psand Qs

Old 06-07-2003, 05:13 PM

man that's BS, "FIGHT THE POWER" [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I used to have a pig outside my work waiting to give me a fix it every day. He got me 4 times with over $500 fix its. And why did I keep doing the same thing over, because nothing was wrong. Don't let the guy push you around like that, don't let this bring you down or kill your self esteem. I was bummed and became scared of cops after a while, but not anymore.

- First wait for the ticket to come in the mail. It'll give you your charges and how much.

- Second bring that notice to the traffic court of the county you got the ticket in and arrage for a court date.

-3rd you'll go to Traffic court on the arranged date, sit in the court room and listen to all the story's of other people that got jacked by cops. See how the judge is and make sure to be on his good side and don't do anything that'll **** him off.
When you get your turn infront of the judge he will ask for your plead ( guilty, not guilty, no contest).

- If you plead guilty - A nice judge will throw out the ticket or lessen the fine and offer traffic school. If he's a dick he'll ask for proof of correction, lessen the fine a little bit and not mention traffic school. do www.trafficschoolonline.com , so friggen easy.

No matter what bring proof of correction and have a nice officer sign the ticket on the back before you go to court.

- If you plead not guilty. A nice judge might ask to hear your story and possibly throw out the case. He doesn't want to waste the court time or your time. If it's a mean judge he'll arrange another court date 1-3 months later tell you to study how to present your case and best if you get a lawyer. The first trial is very informal and the cop will not be there. This 2nd trial the cop will be notified to attend and it's more of a formal hearing.

If you plead no contest, I forgot what happens.

Good luck bro and hope all works out good for you.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need 2 vent !!