G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

CLICKITY CLICK sound from REAR LEFT area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLICKITY CLICK sound from REAR LEFT area?

After installing my rims, I've noticed that I've got a very SOFT SOUNDING click when I make my left turns (and ONLY my left turns)... I hear it coming from my rear left wheel... kinda like a creaking sound... if the radio is on or if there's a conversation you wouldn't hear it... and if you didn't know it was there, you probably wouldn't hear it either...

However I am concerned about it... not sure what the issue is... please advise

Thanks

Old 06-22-2005, 02:08 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by dennis_said
After installing my rims, I've noticed that I've got a very SOFT SOUNDING click when I make my left turns (and ONLY my left turns)... I hear it coming from my rear left wheel... kinda like a creaking sound... if the radio is on or if there's a conversation you wouldn't hear it... and if you didn't know it was there, you probably wouldn't hear it either...

However I am concerned about it... not sure what the issue is... please advise

Thanks
it's your axle bearings. They need to be relubed and tightened. There's a TSB on this and the dealer will do it for free.

Old 06-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
axle bearings. had the same problem @ ~22k miles, dealer fixed it for free.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Thanks guys, will go see the dealer, they won't be like "oh you have aftermarket rims... that must be the problem" right?

Old 06-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Im having the same problem .. the dealer is replacing my Rear wheel axle? .. is that necessary? ... or can they just tighten it?

Old 06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I think I have the same issue but mine goes clink when i put the car into reverse or back into drive and I can also hear it when I stop and go.
Could this be the same thing, I am also worried if the dealership will fix it due to my SC install.
Any help guys.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Alumni****
i just had this fixed two weeks ago.. they had to order the parts and they didn't arrive for 3 weeks.. hence i had a sedan loaner for about a month.. anyways, yeah, it's a common problem, and it is fixed under warranty..

-dennis_said
NO, the dealership won't say anything about your aftermarket rims..

-urban
i don't know about the S/C.. i mean it's theoretically not related to the suspension, but S/C is an S/C..

Old 06-22-2005, 11:29 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by dennis_said
Thanks guys, will go see the dealer, they won't be like "oh you have aftermarket rims... that must be the problem" right?
no, they won't say that, but when you drop your car off, inspect your new rims WITH the service manager and have him write on the paperwork that there are NO SCRATCHES or DENTS. This way they'll have to be careful.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Never enough
Originally Posted by urban
I think I have the same issue but mine goes clink when i put the car into reverse or back into drive and I can also hear it when I stop and go.
Could this be the same thing, I am also worried if the dealership will fix it due to my SC install.
Any help guys.
You do and so do I.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Great info guys, I have the same thing (clicking from the right side), seems to happen when I let off the gas.

Guess I add that to my list when I bring her in.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Guys as i posted earlier.... did the dealer order a new Rear Axle for you guys? ... if its a bearing it just needs to be tightened right? .. they said nuthin is wrong with my AXLE except for that sound ... Do i really need a whole new axle? .. or can this problem be fixed by simply tightening the Bearing.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Just had that happen last week. Brought it in and they tried retorquing everything and the click is still there. They've ordered the parts to replace everything in the TSB even though '05s aren't mentioned in the TSB.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 PM
ok guys... here goes.

I'm a tech for Infiniti and did this recall a couple of times.

There is a recall on the rear axle BEARINGS...

When they perform the recall, parts that are replaced are

rear axle bearing(s)
rear boot(s)
retainer(s)
Cotter pin(s)
grease

and If i recall (no pun intended) that is it... The whole axle itself is not replaced. I myself had the clicking issue, and have been to lazy to perform the recall on my own car until a couple of weeks ago. I used to just loosen them, and tighten the rear axle nut and that would solve the problem for about two weeks.

The new rear axle bearings are updated bearings and so far my car hasnt made a clicking sound yet. On the old bearings, while clicking is normal... if you drive the car agressivly, it comes back sooner from banging into gears.

As far as warranty goes, if you're able to put the stock rims on, then it would be easier to avoid a headache.

Dealership may say that your rims may have put extra pressure on the suspenion. but since there is a recall, i doubt they will not honor it.

S/C is iffy... I don't think they will say anything but again, they can say that the extra power may have put pressure on the rear suspension when shifting (AT/MT)

If you go into the dealership for this, be prepared to wait... or ask for a loaner.

Depending if you need one side or both sides done, it takes about 45 min to an hour per side. The rear axle has to be removed, and the bearing needs to be pressed out.

Hope I shed more light on this question.

IMHO, have the rear axle bearings done... well worth it.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Hey Ship,
Thanks for the info ... they are replacing my Axle ... soo thats fine right? .. or they just need to order the new bearings?

Old 06-24-2005, 01:48 AM
my '05 has the same noise and its very loud and obnoxious especially upon starting the car and pulling out of a spot going from reverse to drive... have an apt. tommorrow morning actually at the dealership to fix the problem.. they didn't say anything about a recall though when i described it .. hope it doesn't take that long, i can't go longer then a week without my g. damn...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLICKITY CLICK sound from REAR LEFT area?