G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Buying dilemna

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:51 PM
mrb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying dilemna

I'm waiting on my '05c 6MT with both aero packages to come in next week. The dealer screwed the pooch and didn't order it with the sunroof like I ordered it. So I can get the car @ cost. I don't have the sheet in front of me, but it's about $32k dead even.

Tonight I found a used '04 6MT. It has 18k miles and is loaded, premium, navi, the works. It is the same price as the new one but has all the options. This one is Red with Black leather, which is my 2nd color choice. IP w/stone is my first and what I ordered. If the used one didn't have Navi in it I wouldn't even think about it, as I had planned on putting it in myself with aftermarket audio equipment. But I'm still ticked at the dealer and exploring my options. On this used one, there is some clutch shudder while letting off the clutch to engage 2nd gear. The shift **** is banged up, and the interior looks worn. The engine felt pretty good, didn't notice any issues there.

Just seeing what any of you thought. I've always bought new when buying performance vehicles but this used deal seems like a good deal. It's really a toss up.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:55 PM
NEW NEW NEW! re-order what you want & never look back

Old 07-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
30K at most for the used one...the shudder is normal I even have that same thing on my 05 with 3,000 miles.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:59 PM
And with the money you save by buying it new at cost, install a Double Din Nav like Im sure you have seen. The only thing you will lack is a sunroof...but for an 05 I guess its a steal...or wait till 06??? (Later this year) and as a way of making it up to you, they must put you at top of the list AND negotiate to give you 500 over whatever the invoice will be, GET THAT IN WRITING or some how get a VPP and make them honor it.

Old 07-08-2005, 04:05 AM
spend that much money and get a used one? no way man! get the new one! IMO IP is the best color~ (too bad it doesnt come with black leather. WHY dont they make everything black leather? grrr... black should be the only leather they make, IMO...)and you dont need no nav, it comes with compass, and thats all i needed. you will be too busy enjoying the drive, i dont think you will look at the nav much.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I agree with everyone else, for that much, buy new. I either say they find you one and give you a big discount or they put you at the top of the list for 06's and give you a guaranteed price. Who want's to spend over 30K for a used worn out car?

Old 07-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by sdkingka
... WHY dont they make everything black leather? grrr... .
Because LR and Willow are the best color combo out there. Plus, then everyone would have willow pillars and rooflines with a black lower interior. Talk about a deal breaker for me...

Old 07-21-2005, 03:39 PM
You posted in another thread that you had waited 3 months for a custom order because you didn't want the premium package AT ANY COST. Then they screwed up your order so you were going to have to wait another several months to custom order AGAIN, all because of the premium package. You stated that the EXACT car you wanted was nowhere to be found in the entire country and you simply weren't willing to compromise even a little bit and take a VERY slightly different model (with premium, for example).

And now you turn right around and are seriously considering not only a G with premium, but also used w/ sh*tty 04 int, in a completely different color (exterior and interior) with a worn interior and sloppy clutch? And it's not even that good of a deal...

Man, I don't understand you AT ALL...
--Viral

Old 07-21-2005, 04:34 PM
yea just get a G with the premium package for the same price... what do you got to lose? just make them give you the premium package for free, im sure its not that bad

Old 07-21-2005, 04:38 PM
mrb
Originally Posted by Viral
You posted in another thread that you had waited 3 months for a custom order because you didn't want the premium package AT ANY COST. Then they screwed up your order so you were going to have to wait another several months to custom order AGAIN, all because of the premium package. You stated that the EXACT car you wanted was nowhere to be found in the entire country and you simply weren't willing to compromise even a little bit and take a VERY slightly different model (with premium, for example).

And now you turn right around and are seriously considering not only a G with premium, but also used w/ sh*tty 04 int, in a completely different color (exterior and interior) with a worn interior and sloppy clutch? And it's not even that good of a deal...

Man, I don't understand you AT ALL...
--Viral
If it didn't have the Navi, I wouldn't have thought twice, no way would I even consider it. I think I was just tired of waiting, actually. $32k was the asking price by the way, IE negotiation.

Nahh, I'm not going to compromise when spending $30 + k. I ended up buying a different car altogether and I'm quite happy with it, it's fast.

Cheers.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:39 PM
mrb
Originally Posted by symalik
yea just get a G with the premium package for the same price... what do you got to lose? just make them give you the premium package for free, im sure its not that bad
Tried that and they wouldn't do it.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:35 PM
JJH
Originally Posted by mrb
If it didn't have the Navi, I wouldn't have thought twice, no way would I even consider it. I think I was just tired of waiting, actually. $32k was the asking price by the way, IE negotiation.

Nahh, I'm not going to compromise when spending $30 + k. I ended up buying a different car altogether and I'm quite happy with it, it's fast.

Cheers.
What car did you get instead?