G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's good to tell people not to race, but they also have to realize that this is a sporty car. People who buy them are looking for the thrills that come along with that. Some won't go to the track because of money, others won't go because they are lazy, some won't go because they are afraid. So, if they're not doing it on the track.... they're doing it on the street.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Look at my signature and tell me I don't know what a fast car is. Some punks in a sporty car thinks he can race me every time I take my R129 out. Guess what, I have a SPORT car, but will never street race. My R129 can hang with just about anything on the road. I enjoy driving a nice car, especially a car I paid $100K when new. Just the fact knowing I can blow people's doors off if I want to gives me great satisfaction. I don't even need to prove it, just look at the badge on my rear deck and side.

Driving is a privilage, not a right. Call it religion all you want. When they take your license away, the fastest thing you will be riding is public transport.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by da45king
Last night I was coming home from work on rt1 in Princeton,NJ......I see this car rolling up behind me (fast!)....he passed me on the right....I thought it was a 745.....anyhow we both get caught at the next light....I pull into the far left lane....there was a mini van in the center.....I'm still thinking its a 745...I'm thinking to myself ...I got this...(I don't rev the car...or hold an rpms...(I seldom do it...)).....Light turns green....Bang! We are out the hole neck and neck! I'm Looking (one eye of course...other eye on the tach)..with half amazement cause I had a perfect launch and we were dead even. I yank 2nd perfectly... chirp chirp ...I'm thinking.. I got him now!!! bye bye right???...I actually gained a 2 foot pull....for an instant....but buy this time I was thinking...this has got to be a 760...cause it ain't supposed to be this damn close...I yanked 3rd perfectly...chirp...whats this ???...he starts to slowly inch a nose past me....I was thinking to myself....I gotta do something!! It can't go down like this...I thought about through my brief case out the window...(loose 2 lbs...and stop this slow death....no time for it)...yank fourth.. and it happens...start to give up the ghost...he starts to pull ahead...then he shut down immediately....before he got a full length ahead.....we slow down to 25 mph.....He told me my car had *****....I then noticed it was a 5 series....I asked and confirmed it was a 545.....He was a cool dude ...In the end, I was pleasantly surprised how well my car did.....dead even through the end of 3rd.....4th was not going to be pretty...but we didn't go there for too long ....The injen intake is a beautiful thing
Great run and nice write up. Glad to hear the G can hang with the 45's.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:38 PM
The 545's are fast cars, a bunch of friends of mine didn't believe me until they drive one for themselves.

I honestly have no idea what type of road this rt 1 is, but around my area there's a lot of 6 lane roads with lights and speed limits that go to 50mph where everyone goes around 60mph. I don't see the harm in giving it some gas off the light on these roads up to 60. Obviously you don't do it if there are cars ahead or on a road with drives random cars can pop in ahead of u. I think there is a way to have some fun and be somewhat responsible at the same time. I know I didn't buy this car to drive it like a Camry did u?

Old 08-01-2005, 02:46 PM
It's the same argument given every time a post like this is made. There will be some that give the thumbs up and some giving the thumbs down on having a little fun on the street. In the end, we all roll G's and can provide eachother with good, needed information about our cars.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's as annoying to one side as it is to the other but hey, that's what this country is about. I love it.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good story telling, i laughed then cried then all that was overcome by anger and hate, but whatever. good stuff

Old 08-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by elau
Look at my signature and tell me I don't know what a fast car is. Some punks in a sporty car thinks he can race me every time I take my R129 out. Guess what, I have a SPORT car, but will never street race. My R129 can hang with just about anything on the road. I enjoy driving a nice car, especially a car I paid $100K when new. Just the fact knowing I can blow people's doors off if I want to gives me great satisfaction. I don't even need to prove it, just look at the badge on my rear deck and side.

Driving is a privilage, not a right. Call it religion all you want. When they take your license away, the fastest thing you will be riding is public transport.

Why buy a sports car if you aren't going to run it? Nothing worse than seeing an old guy driving a fast car and tooling along below the speed limit!

PS... I can enjoy "Knowing the fact that I can blow peoples doors off" by knowing that I could buy that car, race them and beat them. I'd be using the same logic as you, but I'd be saving that 100 grand. Instead I'll just keep my cash, enjoy my G and enjoy the fact that the old dude with the fast car was too much of a pu$$y to race me, probably because he can't drive! Hahahaha

Now go ahead... FLAME ON!

Last edited by Inno; 08-01-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Inno
Why buy a sports car if you aren't going to run it? Nothing worse than seeing an old guy driving a fast car and tooling along below the speed limit! Go ahead.... FLAME ON!
I find it hilarious that you worry it. Old guys (depending on how you define old - compared to the whipper-snappers here, I qualify) driving at the speed limit pose a smaller threat than younger guys driving like complete a$$holes.

If the old guy is me, he isn't going to be concerned with some punk who measures his manhood with his right foot. Beating the punk doesn't make me any smarter, richer, or prettier so I don't see the point.

You wanna 'run it,' then take your as$ to the track where conditions are controlled and the only folks at risk are those that are there of their own choosing.

Go ahead..FLAME ON!

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 08-01-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Devil's Advocate
So be honest, who runs at the speed limit?

Old 08-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Why buy a sports car if you aren't going to run it? Nothing worse than seeing an old guy driving a fast car and tooling along below the speed limit!

PS... I can enjoy "Knowing the fact that I can blow peoples doors off" by knowing that I could buy that car and do it. But what fun is that? I'd rather enjoy the fact that my 100 grand is still in the bank, and the old dude with the fast car was too much of a pu$$y to race me cuz he can't drive! Hahahaha

Now go ahead... FLAME ON!
That shows your immaturity. First off, do you know how old I am? I do know you are nothing but a twenty something whipper-snapper, if even that old. How do you figure I don't take it to track, becasue I don't advertise it? Or is it that I don't post my track number?

None of that makes any difference to me. I can own and drive a $100K car because I am responsible. Why trash it on street with some souped up Civic, or 3 series Bimmer? Like I said, I use the R129 to hang with the big boys, none of this BS 6 bangers. And guess what, I can say that with authority because I own the same 6 banger as you. It's my grocery getter just so you know.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Devil's Advocate
Belittle everyone under the age of 30, that's the way to get your point across...

Old 08-01-2005, 04:42 PM
LOL! I don't even street race, nor was I the guy that posted this. I just think it is complete BS for you guys to be bashing him for getting into it at a street light. I'm sure you have done it at least once in your life. Have you ever exceeded the speed limit? Well the same applies there dude! I'm so tired of reading flames about people who do this. Mind your own business.

And PS... If guessing your age or what you do shows my immaturity, then guess what you doing the same does to you!

Last edited by Inno; 08-01-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:46 PM
zzzzzzzz

Old 08-01-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm so tired of reading flames about people who do this. Mind your own business.
Tell that to my ex. She was driving to work "minding her own business" when racer boy "raced" his civic beyond its means right into her car. Luckily, no one was hurt and the SOB got charged with wreckless driving and racing.

Route 1 is not a desolate 6 lane highway. It is NJ for petesake! Traffic is ALWAYS heavy on it and there are many stoplights. I cannot even fathom how someone can even "race" on this roadway.

Edit: For spelling

Last edited by PeteNJ; 08-02-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:10 PM
And PS... If guessing your age or what you do shows my immaturity, then guess what you doing the same does to you!
No guessing here. Just based on your response. You won't see many people over the age 30 would commit such irrresponsible acts.

BTW, going 70 mph on the highway flowing with traffic is much different than street racing from red light to red light.

As I said, I sat there for 30 mins waiting for Medivac for this lady who got slammed by two boy racers, while she was bleeding from her nose and ears. Have you ever seen anything like that? One of the boys had massive head injuries, and the other, only bruises. My point is, no matter your age, someone pays for your mistake when you race in public.

And yes, I will prosecute anyone caught racing in my neighborhood.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!