G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Devil's Advocate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get over yourselves. People die on the roads every day from a large variety of causes of which street racing accounts for a very small percentage. Jay walking (in my county at least) accounted for approximately 30x the number of deaths that street racing did last year. Do you hear about that on the news? Nope. But some kids get into a street racing accident and all of a sudden it's a much sexier story.

Does that make street racing ok? Hell no, but I hate to listen to you guys on your soapboxes just because it's a political hot issue when there are more pressing problems to be dealt with.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by roneski
Get over yourselves. People die on the roads every day from a large variety of causes of which street racing accounts for a very small percentage. Jay walking (in my county at least) accounted for approximately 30x the number of deaths that street racing did last year. Do you hear about that on the news? Nope. But some kids get into a street racing accident and all of a sudden it's a much sexier story.

Does that make street racing ok? Hell no, but I hate to listen to you guys on your soapboxes just because it's a political hot issue when there are more pressing problems to be dealt with.
Sorry, but a jay walker has never cut me off in traffic and thrown $hit up on the hood of my car. Nor have they pissed off the cops when it comes to how my car is treated, nor have the f*cked with my insurance rates.

I've never heard of/seen a jay walker take out a family of four just for their own personal kicks either.

I don't know of any other 'political hot issues' commonly posted here. As soon as there are, I'll tag in there too.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

BTW, going 70 mph on the highway flowing with traffic is much different than street racing from red light to red light.
+1. So very true.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Devil's Advocate
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Sorry, but a jay walker has never cut me off in traffic and thrown $hit up on the hood of my car. Nor have they pissed off the cops when it comes to how my car is treated, nor have the f*cked with my insurance rates.

I've never heard of/seen a jay walker take out a family of four just for their own personal kicks either.

I don't know of any other 'political hot issues' commonly posted here. As soon as there are, I'll tag in there too.
I can guarantee that they have f'd with your insurance rates.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

I can guarantee that they have f'd with your insurance rates.
I'd venture to guess a jay walking ticket has far less of an impact on my rates than a jackass doing double the limit in an attempt to outrun the other jackass in the other lane.

Either way, you get the meaning.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Devil's Advocate
I hear ya, but I meant the somewhat less perceptible impact of hospital bills that insurance companies often get stuck with vehicle damage etc. It all rolls downhill.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

I hear ya, but I meant the somewhat less perceptible impact of hospital bills that insurance companies often get stuck with vehicle damage etc. It all rolls downhill.
True, but one is an accident (no one plans to walk out in front of a car, and I doubt they get enjoyment from the result if they do), whereas street racing is a CHOICE. It isn't an accident, it can be avoided. It's a purely selfish act.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Devil's Advocate
Agreed, but from a statistical standpoint jay walking is a bigger problem.

Plus I know that nothing gets me more pissed off than to see someone crossing a major street between signals with a toddler in each hand. They sacrifice safety for convenience and what's worse they are teaching their kids that's it's ok.

Man I kinda took this thread in a weird direction.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Agreed, but from a statistical standpoint jay walking is a bigger problem.

Plus I know that nothing gets me more pissed off than to see someone crossing a major street between signals with a toddler in each hand. They sacrifice safety for convenience and what's worse they are teaching their kids that's it's ok.

Man I kinda took this thread in a weird direction.
It's cool. I went right along for the ride. LOL.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
actualy jay walkers would have more of an impact on insurance rates than you think, hospital bills for insurance companies are much more higher then lets say someones car even its a total loss, i know you're going to say "oh but it can kill other people if you hit their car" but odds off you killing someone from racing crashes are less then of you actualy hitting a person jay walking"

Old 08-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
So be honest, who runs at the speed limit?
Actually-- I always stop at the speed limit-- then roll over about 5mph when I race =)

Old 08-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Blah Blah Blah get on my soapbox about street racers blah blah blah....

I wish pigs I mean cops had something better to do than sit on this forum bashing street racers during their time off, and pulling over guys with loud exhausts, blue turn signal bulbs and too much tint during their day jobs. Go solve a murder, plant some trees, do some community service in poor neighborhoods, help the old lady with her groceries, stop drugs from killing our kids, something!

Street racing has far less casualties than old people who can't drive worth a $hit! Why not spend your time lobbying for more restrictive rules in getting and keeping a license? Did you hear about the old man who killed like 10 people last year in Santa Monica because he was pressing the gas pedal thinking it was the brake. Guess what, they pulled the he is old card and did nothing!

Old people driving too slow cause more wrecks and injuries than street racers. Go pull them over!

LAME!!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Today Long Island news ...
07/25/05) BETHPAGE - Police say two Elmont men, their passengers and a Wantagh couple are lucky to be alive after a drag racing crash in Bethpage Sunday.

According to police, the incident occurred on a 30 mile an hour strip on Seamans Neck Road. Police say 20-year-old Clint Georges was racing against 18-year-old Daniel Toscano at speeds approaching 100 miles per hour. Authorities say two homes and three parked vehicles were damaged in the crash.

Many neighbors say the area is known for drag racing. Some say their homes and cars have been damaged before by other drivers who hit the curve and lose control. Police say there will be extra patrol cars on that strip to deal with drag racing. Both Georges and Toscano face multiple charges.
MINEOLA - Two men pleaded guilty Friday for their part in a drag-racing car accident that killed an engaged couple from Westbury.

Prosecutors say Kyle Soukup, 20, and Blake Slade, 22, were drag racing on Route 106 in Muttontown in June of 2001 when they crashed into a Jeep carrying Jean Desir and Sophia Bretous, killing both of them. Authorities were able to recover the black box from one of the high-end sports cars. Prosecutors say the black box recorded the speed at the time of impact as 114 mph. Just seconds before the crash, police say the speed was recorded at 139 mph.

After a judge ruled the black box evidence could be used in the trial, Slade and Soukup pleaded guilty to manslaughter and assault as part of a plea deal. The pair had been facing second degree murder charges. Both men will serve three years in a minimum security prison
(08/01/05) ELMONT - A fiery crash claimed the life of an Elmont woman Sunday after police say a car hit her from behind.

Elizabeth Demaio, 38, died after a four-car crash on Hempstead Turnpike in Elmont near the Belmont Race Track. Police say Demaio was making a left hand turn into a Dunkin’ Donuts parking lot when her car was struck by a vehicle driven by 24-year-old Joseph Thompson. The impact from the crash caused Demaio’s gas tank to explode.

Police say Thompson’s friend, 26-year-old Michael Vines, of Queens, was in another car, lost control and crashed. Vines was later arrested and charged with leaving the scene of a deadly accident. Thompson has not been charged.

Police are looking into whether speed played a role in the fatal crash.
** Speed was a factor ... they were racing!**

Old 08-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Let me simply remind you one thing. You race, you wreck, you kill someone, you are charged with vehicular homocide; period. I don't know about NJ, its mandatory jail time in MD. No plead, no nothing. Ask yourself this, does it worth it for a few seconds of rush? It's a free country, you do what you want. The G ain't going to do you much good if you are behind bar.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your approach and point(s) are quite weak, at best. However, you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are.

I trust you are not of a head of house hold status. If so, I trust you have plenty of life and liability insurance.

When you are responsible for children and start to pay for their auto insurance . . . You will be hopefully have a different view of things. At that point in time, if you are not able to be financially supportive, I would hope that you would at least be concerned for their well being with regard to their driving habits and attitudes.

Until then, drive with an guarded eye . . . You may likely have a close encounter with a driver exercising less than appropriate judgement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!