G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny how this thread went from talking bout racing against a 545 to jaywalking..lol.

no one said street racing is ok... it sure is stupid, but we all have some spirited driving at times. isnt that the whole point of buying a sports car? heck, i have my spirited driving in my civic too let along a car like G35. aggresive driving and spirited driving is diff.

some of ya just gotta chill and those who likes to street race, DONT do it outta the line.

back to the topic: 545 sure is a monster. i was in a 530 and it was alot faster than i expected since i thought the car is def. alot heavier than say a 3 series (where they use the same I6 engin).

Old 08-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Devil's Advocate
Originally Posted by andy2434
Your approach and point(s) are quite weak, at best. However, you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are.

I trust you are not of a head of house hold status. If so, I trust you have plenty of life and liability insurance.

When you are responsible for children and start to pay for their auto insurance . . . You will be hopefully have a different view of things. At that point in time, if you are not able to be financially supportive, I would hope that you would at least be concerned for their well being with regard to their driving habits and attitudes.

Until then, drive with an guarded eye . . . You may likely have a close encounter with a driver exercising less than appropriate judgement.
Wow.

First, you don't know the first thing about me.

Second, you haven't rebutted anything I said and apparently haven't read through this entire post so it is your argument that is weak sir.

My point is that before you go making arguments based on emotion look at the big picture. Many other factors affect your childrens insurance rates far more accutely than street racing. There are far more drivers exercising less than appropriate judgement every day than the street racers you see on the news. I've stated time and again that street racing isn't a good idea and I spend plenty of time at the track myself, but overall it accounts for a relatively small portion of the traffic problems faced on the road today.

If you want to come to this thread and talk to people in order to convince them to go to the track, which is a hell of a lot of fun btw, as opposed to being silly on the street thats fine. But if you come to lecture people you'll just get tuned out end up in some silly emotional argument that will alienate half of the people reading the thread and you won't get your point across.

Last edited by roneski; 08-02-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
some of ya just gotta chill and those who likes to street race, DONT do it outta the line.
What line is this? I wasn't aware there was a line. Did I miss something in the driver's handbook, or is there an extra line on the road that I've been overlooking that signals it's okay to street race?

Old 08-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Blah Blah Blah get on my soapbox about street racers blah blah blah....

I wish pigs I mean cops had something better to do than sit on this forum bashing street racers during their time off, and pulling over guys with loud exhausts, blue turn signal bulbs and too much tint during their day jobs. Go solve a murder, plant some trees, do some community service in poor neighborhoods, help the old lady with her groceries, stop drugs from killing our kids, something!

Street racing has far less casualties than old people who can't drive worth a $hit! Why not spend your time lobbying for more restrictive rules in getting and keeping a license? Did you hear about the old man who killed like 10 people last year in Santa Monica because he was pressing the gas pedal thinking it was the brake. Guess what, they pulled the he is old card and did nothing!

Old people driving too slow cause more wrecks and injuries than street racers. Go pull them over!

LAME!!!!
Not sure which is worse - suckholes like this or idoits dialing thier cell phones on Kelly Drive while looking down and driving 65 while dialing. .

Don't forget your blatnat disregard for the safety is posted here forever and should you create the inevitable death crash you seem so destined for, this message can and will be used against you. Look around. Many many posts by cops looking for info. Unless you reformat your hard drive every night - you be eating crow in court with your very own words stuffed into your mouth like a fist full of deserved schooling. That is if you live. It's too bad they give licenses to everyone..it needs to be harder to obtain one including psycological profiling. Too may douche bags out there that only learn the hard way while creating a path of destruciton along the way. I'm sure however that even if this putz went to jail, he'd be thinking about how to get out and race some more while getting honed in by his girlfriend/cellmate.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
For me, cell phone talkers and the elderly have put my life in danger more than any street racer. Yeah, two racers whizzing by you above the speed limit may scare you, but what about the guy who spent the night drinking and got behind the wheel of his 4000lb SUV and decided to run a red light? I don't condone street racing, but you folks who think that you would be that much safer on the road if noone was racing are dillusional.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
"I don't condone street racing, but you folks who think that you would be that much safer on the road if noone was racing are dillusional."

So in your words we'd be safer or equally safe if we let people race at 130 mph. Who is dillusional here? All idiots including racers being off the road would make it safer. Don't plat the I can be an idiot because someone else also makes the world unsafe. Sure let you kid play with matches becasue some other kids play with pipe bombs. Please never drive heavy equipment or raise children.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Devil's Advocate
If you took every idiot off of the road then you'd be the only one driving.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Not sure which is worse - suckholes like this or idoits dialing thier cell phones on Kelly Drive while looking down and driving 65 while dialing. .

Don't forget your blatnat disregard for the safety is posted here forever and should you create the inevitable death crash you seem so destined for, this message can and will be used against you. Look around. Many many posts by cops looking for info. Unless you reformat your hard drive every night - you be eating crow in court with your very own words stuffed into your mouth like a fist full of deserved schooling. That is if you live. It's too bad they give licenses to everyone..it needs to be harder to obtain one including psycological profiling. Too may douche bags out there that only learn the hard way while creating a path of destruciton along the way. I'm sure however that even if this putz went to jail, he'd be thinking about how to get out and race some more while getting honed in by his girlfriend/cellmate.

Hey "suckhole" Maybe you should learn to read. How about the part in specific earlier where I mentioned I DONT STREET RACE!!!!!

But since you jumped on me calling me names, I'll answer back just to clear it up for the rest of the morons like yourself who can't read.

My whole point is that people on this board shouldn't spend their time on their religious soapboxes about street racing. I agree that it is dangerous. I agree that it can kill people. I agree!

HOWEVER, there are FAR WORSE things out there killing innocent people every day. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THOSE THINGS? Go cry about them!!! How about people shooting each other in the streets. There have been attacks on innocent victims here in LA just driving down the road lately. What about drugs? What about drunk driving? Or my other example, what about lobbying for stricter requirements for a drivers license, especially for the elderly. They cause way more accidents than street racers!!!

Some people here SHEESH!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
"I don't condone street racing, but you folks who think that you would be that much safer on the road if noone was racing are dillusional."

So in your words we'd be safer or equally safe if we let people race at 130 mph. Who is dillusional here? All idiots including racers being off the road would make it safer. Don't plat the I can be an idiot because someone else also makes the world unsafe. Sure let you kid play with matches becasue some other kids play with pipe bombs. Please never drive heavy equipment or raise children.
Of course I don't mean that. I'm not calling you an idiot, but some folks are dillusional, which doesn't imply being an idiot...just view things differently. I'm just adding in other factors as to why people get into accidents. Street racing is one, but there are many that aren't being scrutinized like street racing. I would rather have a street racer whiz by me than a guy following me home because I cut him off. The latter could be just as fatal. If you get all the idiots off the road, there will still be accidents. Who do you consider idiots? The Alzheimer guy who crosses a median, the inexperienced driver, the guy who just had cardiac arrest at the wheel while going 65 mph? All these will lead to an unsafe environment, but are they idiots? You read what I wrote, but interpreted it wrong.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:37 PM
I ineterpet alot wrong - no harm inteneded to anyone. There simply is no justification for racing. Just because they have worse issues out there than racing - that doens't make racing ok at all and thats the reasoning I keep seeing/hearing. I've done my share of idiotic things on a motrocycle and in a car so I'm no angel, but it sounded like bashing a cop and telling him to find a criminal was reflective of the worst type of judgement. Cops SHOULD bust every racer they can find and take thier license away for years.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:57 PM
I agree with you on that! I just wish they would ban cell phones on the I94.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
That was the most intense story i've ever read. Good writing lol. yatta yatta don't street race... yatta yatta

Agreed...very good detail

Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 AM
kindda funny how people are against street racing when they are modding their cars... why mod our cars if we are not gonna test it out on the road... i'm not saying that street racing is safe but i'm sure all of us here push our right foot lil more than we should at times. i guess we should know our limit to speeding... be safe guys~

Old 08-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Can we get back to the original subject?

Old 08-03-2005, 05:27 AM
good race.. i was wondering how this would turn out.. sounds about right according to mag times

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!