G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs 545 BanG Out!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tylers600rr
Mine was all black when I bought it, when they came all black with no stickers just silver bottom!! I have a carbon fiber jardine pipe and just put a 190 rear tire, +2 up back sprocket and -1 down front sprocket(#1 stunta) little odds and ends!!!
Nice man, doesn't seem like very many people on this Board ride 2-up. Wonder if any of them will get mad that we started talking about Motorcycles. Kinda Hijacked the thread.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sixfive,

I don't mean to make light of your losses. My sister was almost killed when a semi slammed into the car she was in. The illegal act here....following too closely. Hell, I have permanent neck problems due to an unattentive driver, who slammed into my rear while I was sitting at a light.

At this point, all we can do is complain and hope the police enforces the law. The bigger issue is that we live in a free capitalist society where inexperienced and wealthy kids can buy (or have bought for them) powerful fast cars. What are we going to do? This isn't a cocky, but a sincere question. Calling folks that post here idiots won't help, but it will probably make some feel that they have done their part. It's not like they're going to step back, reevaluate their actions and change their lives accordingly. Most likely they're going to give you an "E-finger" and continue on. We can succeed in erasing posts or even preventing these posts altogether and that will probably make alot folks here happy. You know, the "out of sight, out of mind..." approach; but bear in mind that this is one site of thousands. I can not live my life like that and prefer to view things a little more realisticly.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Points taken - my soapbox is put away for the next year or so.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Devil's Advocate
Man, I missed all of the good jousting. Damn work for getting in the way of my web debates! I'm glad to see that for the most part it has remained intelligent with minimal name calling.

Just wanted to point out that many other violations easily fall into SixFives parallel argument such as speeding, tailgating and my personal favorite jay walking.

Old 08-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Repsol
Nice man, doesn't seem like very many people on this Board ride 2-up. Wonder if any of them will get mad that we started talking about Motorcycles. Kinda Hijacked the thread.
Ooopppsss!! Sorry for semi-hijackin!!!

Old 08-05-2005, 12:53 AM
All this for a stoplight race?.....We went in a straight line.......We both realized our cars were very fast.......then we realized our cars had good brakes....we used them....

the most dangerous thing we did was slow down to about 30 mph so we could talk about the...."acceleration test".

Old 08-08-2005, 09:22 AM
===========================
Racer guilty in fatals
Freeway contest triggered crash that killed pregnant woman, whose baby also died.

By LARRY WELBORN
The Orange County Register

SANTA ANA – Claudia Vasquez-Duran was eight months' pregnant and on her way to her baby shower.

She sat in the back seat of a Toyota Land Cruiser, her first-born son safely nestled beside her in his car seat.

Vasquez-Duran never made it to the party. A racer in a souped-up Honda Accord clipped the sport utility vehicle during a reckless lane change on the San Diego (I-405) Freeway.

Vasquez-Duran, who was wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the car and killed. Doctors delivered her daughter during an emergency Caesarian section but the baby didn't survive the birth.

On Friday, a seven-man, five-woman jury convicted Tuan Le Tran, 25, on two counts of vehicular manslaughter.

Tran brushed back tears as a jury found that he acted with extreme negligence, racing his opponent in and out of traffic just before the midafternoon collision on Sept. 13, 2003, in Fountain Valley.

"What else would you expect when you use the 405 freeway as a racetrack?" Deputy District Attorney Maureen Hall said during final arguments. "The only thing missing was a man with a checkered flag.

Hall said Tran's conduct was "aggravated, it was reckless and it was flagrant. He had no regard for the other people on the road."

The driver of the other speeding sedan drove off after the crash and has never been identified.

Tran was also convicted of endangering the life of his own 4-year-old daughter, who was in the back seat of the Honda and not wearing a seat belt during the impromptu race.

He could get nearly nine years in prison at his sentencing Sept. 23 by Superior Court Judge William Evans.

Dawloy Bunteung, 24, Tran's wife, was convicted of aiding and abetting for lying to a California Highway Patrol officer at the scene, claiming that she had been driving the Honda Accord. She faces a potential three-year prison sentence.

Martin Duran, Claudia's husband, said the verdict brought him the vengeance that he wanted the day of the accident. Duran said he confronted Tran at the scene but was prevented from striking him by others.

"The jury got it right," Duran said. "But he won't get enough time for taking my wife and daughter.

"If it was up to me, I'd put him away for the rest of his life," Duran said. He said he hopes that other would-be street racers read about Tran's convictions and change their driving habits.

Tran is an example of a new breed of street racers who crave the excitement of outdueling other drivers as they zip in and out of traffic, said Wesley Vandiver, a CHP accident-reconstruction expert.

"A street racer is interested in quick acceleration and lateral, side-to-side movements," Vandiver said. "They want to be the first to hit the hole in traffic to get ahead of the other racer,"

He also said street racers want to "look cool, be cool and have a cool car that goes fast."

Tran's 1998 Honda Accord, which could go 125 mph, had several performance-enhancing add-ons, including a high-power exhaust and a cool air intake system. It also had illegal blue halogen headlights.

"In the street racing culture, these guys cruise the freeway looking for someone to race. And then just with the nod of the head, the race is on," Vandiver said.

CHP officer Royal B. Nelson, who helped investigate the crash, said the driver of the SUV taking the family to the baby shower was driving the speed limit when he was struck from behind by Tran's Honda.

"We see it every day," Nelson said. "We can go to any freeway overpass in Orange County, and sooner or later you'll see two drivers who don't know each other racing through traffic trying to get to an advantage on the other guy.

"And while they are doing that, everyone in their way is in danger," Nelson said.

Oh yeah, street "racing" doesn't effect anyone.

Old 08-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
===========================
Racer guilty in fatals
Freeway contest triggered crash that killed pregnant woman, whose baby also died.

By LARRY WELBORN
The Orange County Register

SANTA ANA – Claudia Vasquez-Duran was eight months' pregnant and on her way to her baby shower.

She sat in the back seat of a Toyota Land Cruiser, her first-born son safely nestled beside her in his car seat.

Vasquez-Duran never made it to the party. A racer in a souped-up Honda Accord clipped the sport utility vehicle during a reckless lane change on the San Diego (I-405) Freeway.

Vasquez-Duran, who was wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the car and killed. Doctors delivered her daughter during an emergency Caesarian section but the baby didn't survive the birth.

On Friday, a seven-man, five-woman jury convicted Tuan Le Tran, 25, on two counts of vehicular manslaughter.

Tran brushed back tears as a jury found that he acted with extreme negligence, racing his opponent in and out of traffic just before the midafternoon collision on Sept. 13, 2003, in Fountain Valley.

"What else would you expect when you use the 405 freeway as a racetrack?" Deputy District Attorney Maureen Hall said during final arguments. "The only thing missing was a man with a checkered flag.

Hall said Tran's conduct was "aggravated, it was reckless and it was flagrant. He had no regard for the other people on the road."

The driver of the other speeding sedan drove off after the crash and has never been identified.

Tran was also convicted of endangering the life of his own 4-year-old daughter, who was in the back seat of the Honda and not wearing a seat belt during the impromptu race.

He could get nearly nine years in prison at his sentencing Sept. 23 by Superior Court Judge William Evans.

Dawloy Bunteung, 24, Tran's wife, was convicted of aiding and abetting for lying to a California Highway Patrol officer at the scene, claiming that she had been driving the Honda Accord. She faces a potential three-year prison sentence.

Martin Duran, Claudia's husband, said the verdict brought him the vengeance that he wanted the day of the accident. Duran said he confronted Tran at the scene but was prevented from striking him by others.

"The jury got it right," Duran said. "But he won't get enough time for taking my wife and daughter.

"If it was up to me, I'd put him away for the rest of his life," Duran said. He said he hopes that other would-be street racers read about Tran's convictions and change their driving habits.

Tran is an example of a new breed of street racers who crave the excitement of outdueling other drivers as they zip in and out of traffic, said Wesley Vandiver, a CHP accident-reconstruction expert.

"A street racer is interested in quick acceleration and lateral, side-to-side movements," Vandiver said. "They want to be the first to hit the hole in traffic to get ahead of the other racer,"

He also said street racers want to "look cool, be cool and have a cool car that goes fast."

Tran's 1998 Honda Accord, which could go 125 mph, had several performance-enhancing add-ons, including a high-power exhaust and a cool air intake system. It also had illegal blue halogen headlights.

"In the street racing culture, these guys cruise the freeway looking for someone to race. And then just with the nod of the head, the race is on," Vandiver said.

CHP officer Royal B. Nelson, who helped investigate the crash, said the driver of the SUV taking the family to the baby shower was driving the speed limit when he was struck from behind by Tran's Honda.

"We see it every day," Nelson said. "We can go to any freeway overpass in Orange County, and sooner or later you'll see two drivers who don't know each other racing through traffic trying to get to an advantage on the other guy.

"And while they are doing that, everyone in their way is in danger," Nelson said.

Oh yeah, street "racing" doesn't effect anyone.
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, the guy out there street racing doesn't think the same way you and I do, and won't until something like this happens to them or someone they care about. In my opinion, it can't happen soon enough. I only hope they (the street racer) are the only ones who end up in the pine box and the rest of us are left to go about our business.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Devil's Advocate
Shooting through traffic is utterly stupid. Don't do it.

This guy had his 4 year old daughter with him in the back seat? 9 years isn't nearly enough, he's getting off easy.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by roneski
Shooting through traffic is utterly stupid. Don't do it.
No, it's okay if you do it 'safely..' ROFL..

(read heavy sarcasm)

Old 08-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Devil's Advocate
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
No, it's okay if you do it 'safely..' ROFL..

(read heavy sarcasm)

Stretching out your car on the freeway at 3:00 am with no one in front of you is one thing (I'm guilty), but intentionally darting through traffic as a form of competition is a whole other level. Luckily I don't know of anyone who does this in my area let's hope that it's not as much of a trend as this article would have us believe.

Last edited by roneski; 08-08-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by roneski

Stretching out your car on the freeway at 3:00 am with no one in front of you is one thing (I'm guilty), but intentionally darting through traffic as a form of competition is a whole other level.
I'm with you, and completely agree.

We have to stop meeting like this.. LOL..

Old 08-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
PEOPLE!!!!!

STICK TO THE TOPIC!!!!

This thread took a complete U-Turn.