Old 08-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jiwon
What would you do if Canadians take over America? lol

With what army may I ask?

Old 08-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Z2G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it's indeed true that the new '06 coupes no longer have the same exhaust (hence, the distinct, familiar exhaust note), that would truly be a tragedy. talk about pinching pennies!!! they add new features to only, in turn, get rid of others to save money

Old 08-13-2005, 08:16 PM
It may be that Taiwan has different regulations on exhaust pollution, needs a different exhaust. Anyway, these machines that they are selling in Taiwan sound like '05's with the new projector headlights...I don't think they are really North American '06's...

Old 08-13-2005, 08:16 PM
I really don't think the exhaust note is gone, its the signature trait of the Z/G/FX...it would take MORE work to revise the current design in order to rid of the sound. I think it just needed to warm up and go for a spin...or the environment blocked it out. Remember, new cars get deeper with time too.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Gee Im Fast, this picture was taken with the blinker on. The headlights look like other pictures normally - no turn signal, no clearance.

As far as the cost, this is the info I posted on another thread:

Alright let's see where to start:

"I contacted a representative from Infiniti of Taiwan regarding the projector headlights. She told me that there has been some changes to the 06 Infiniti G35C that might be more than skin deep. For starters, she told me that on top of the headlights, the front bumper support has been modified, as well as the front bumper, tail lamps and rear bumper support.

From published papers so far I can't really tell any difference on the front bumper but she seems pretty sure about that as I was not the first person to contact her regarding the retrofit.

Now onto pricing news: The 06 headlamps are offered in two trims with vastly difference in pricing - HID and non-HID. I have not seen these headlamps in person so I really don't know whether or not the non-HID has projectors or not. The pricing is as followed:

Non-HID trim: NT$13,000 each with bulbs, harness, which makes NT$26,000 a pair. (USD$812)

HID trim: NT$45,000 each with bulbs, harness, that makes NT$90,000 a pair. (USD$2812)

All of a sudden projector retrofit on 03-05 headlights don't seem like such bad ideas afterall. I think it's safe to say we can call off this buy from Taiwan idea for now. We'll just have to sit back and wait and prepare to wait for them to show up on Ebay."

If anyone wants a pair of the 06 headlights, please let me know. They actually have a pair of these in stock so I can buy them and ship them to you. Of course, need payment first.

Attached Thumbnails Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos-img_0551.jpg  
Old 08-13-2005, 10:14 PM
$3000 for headlights?!!

Old 08-14-2005, 12:03 AM
I pm'd the guy that does the retro fit. He does not do projectors anymore. GDragon or sumthing like that.

Old 08-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Z2G
if it's indeed true that the new '06 coupes no longer have the same exhaust (hence, the distinct, familiar exhaust note), that would truly be a tragedy. talk about pinching pennies!!! they add new features to only, in turn, get rid of others to save money
the exhaust itself doesnt necessarily control the exhaust sound, my 04 sounded louder than my 05 as far as exhaust sound goes, and the part number for the exhaust muffler is the same...

i think the electronically controlled exhaust timing change in 04 to 05 made the exhaust sound more tame... thats ONE thing i miss in my 04, the exhaust sound was noticeably louder!

i doubt they will lose the exhaust sound, it is like the trademark of the VQ35 engines... it sounds AWEOSME on all G's, Z's, and FX's...

Old 08-14-2005, 06:10 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by GRider35c
the exhaust itself doesnt necessarily control the exhaust sound, my 04 sounded louder than my 05 as far as exhaust sound goes, and the part number for the exhaust muffler is the same...

i think the electronically controlled exhaust timing change in 04 to 05 made the exhaust sound more tame... thats ONE thing i miss in my 04, the exhaust sound was noticeably louder!

i doubt they will lose the exhaust sound, it is like the trademark of the VQ35 engines... it sounds AWEOSME on all G's, Z's, and FX's...

I noticed this too when I was in my friend's 05--the exhaust note was definately subdued.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Does the non HID come with projector housing or reflective housing?

Ok... below is offtopic and long... its my reply to Z2G and avalon96. Sorry for the long post for the rest people.

For Z2G, I do not think recognizing one's patriotism is arrogant. Taiwan is "currently" run by an independent government, and there is no denying to that, no matter how corrupted and stupid the government is justified in your mind.

I partially can see the point of your "bloodline" analogy. However, do you have any idea how close the bloodline is between Japanese and Chinese? Korean and Chinese? Even North Vietnamnese and Chinese? Furthermore, do you have any idea how many different kind of cultures are mixed up just in China? Chinese've had about 5000 years of recorded history, and in China there exists more than 1000 different dialects. In Yuan dynasty, the Mongolians even fought and seized countries all the way to Mediterranean for almost 100 years.

What does the above tell you? Chinese bloodline spreads out pretty broad. But China on the contrary is getting smaller and smaller. First Mongolia declares independence, aided by the Russian. Tibet is also fighting for their independence. People in Taiwan are just doing the same thing by not willing to comply under communism.

Once again, I really would like to suggest you to think thoroughly before you make any comment. Just because you do not like the way Taiwanese people define themselves with the right given to them, you deny Taiwan's identity and indirectly promote Communism. Well, I guess America IS a free country and you can say whatever you want, but while you are enjoying the freedom and democracy for granted, please pay attention to those who also are fighting for their own freedom and democracy.

To avalon96:
Chinese and Taiwanese both use Mandarin as official language. But they are diverting due to unique cultural influence. I mean, anyone who cares to study the History of Taiwan knows that most Taiwanese in their late 50s or older came to Taiwan from CHINA with KMT party about 50 years ago. However, ethnicity is one thing, nationality is another. Korea and Japan used to be really close with China, and they even used Chinese as their language. However, with their own effort, they not only seperate nationality but also ethnicity from China. If Taiwan can gain support from UN to declare independence, I believe few hundred years later Taiwan would get the same respect.

A stronger argument I would bring is Singapore. Majority of Singaporean are Chinese in Singapore, and they can speak fluent Chinese too. If you see a Chinese from Singapore, would you refer him as "Chinese" or "Singaporean"?

At last but not least, sharing the same root of language means? Of course Taiwan is heavily influenced by Japan. Taiwan was Japanese's freaking colony for 50 years before WWII ended!!!!!! What is your point?

I am not trying to be arrogant. Actually, I favor that Taiwan and China unite together in the long run. But, at this point, Taiwan IS run as an independent country and I just think that people living in a democratic and liberal society should acknowledge that.

Old 08-14-2005, 08:55 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by JZ39
I noticed this too when I was in my friend's 05--the exhaust note was definately subdued.
Do you think it takes a few thousand miles for the stock exhaust to break in before it gets a little louder? I put my cats on when my car was brand new so I really don't remember what it sounded like bone stock. But I'd give up bluetooth and all the '06 bells and whistles for my stock exhaust sound. I refuse to believe they did away with it.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Z2G
ensheep,
my goodness....no one disputes that taiwan and china are separate countries. once again, we are talking about bloodlines. and you have to admit that taiwanese blood and chinese blood are basically the same. however, chinese to korean or chinese to japanese is quite a stretch.

another analogy for you.....are north korean ppl totally different from south korean ppl? they also are two separate countries with totally different governments. also, what do you think about my sicily and italy analogy? it appears that every retort keeps going back to democracy vs. communism....we already know that!!!!

patriotism, my a$$....arrogance is arrogance....please but fine....just keep thinking the way you do. it doesn't affect me. you only strengthen the taiwanese stereotype. let's just get back to the topic.

Last edited by Z2G; 08-14-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=SukairainNon-HID trim: NT$13,000 each with bulbs, harness, which makes NT$26,000 a pair. (USD$812)

HID trim: NT$45,000 each with bulbs, harness, that makes NT$90,000 a pair. (USD$2812)
[/QUOTE]
wow that's really expensive

Old 08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Do you think it takes a few thousand miles for the stock exhaust to break in before it gets a little louder? I put my cats on when my car was brand new so I really don't remember what it sounded like bone stock. But I'd give up bluetooth and all the '06 bells and whistles for my stock exhaust sound. I refuse to believe they did away with it.
im at >11,000 miles and it got only a tad bit louder, but not even close to my old 04... : /

Old 08-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Dude, how many convos are goin on here?

Race issue, take it else where...(i.e. PMs), or drop it ....this thread WAS interesting, now its def retarded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos