G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
in all honesty... look at your pics from page 1. to me they look like projectors with no hid. too yellow. do u remember if they were hid or not? also... those other pics from page 3, are they the same car? they look more white. maybe it's the camera playing tricks. coming from a guy in manufacturing, i would bet my bottom dollar that all headlight housings will be projector with only hid's being swapped in if there really is an option. i am assuming that n.a. will be getting xenon only. but that's just my guess. also has anyone heard of the new keyless system on the '06 M's? apparantly it is a new 'push' button start as opposed to the twist **** currently offered. i wonder if this will migrate over to the other models?
Yeah I really hope the intelligent key comes with the button like in the M, it looks very clean, and sophisticated compared to the turning **** thingy. Either way the intelligent key is worth it just to get rid of that ugly a$$ key fob on the current car. Whats infiniti thinking? It looks like something from a 15K Hyundai. They build a 40k car but cant spend a few more bucks on a stylish keyfob?

Old 08-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Z2G
Originally Posted by ensheep
THANK GOD!!!
Someone finally sees my point... bloodline is one thing, and politics/nationality is another. Yes, North Korean and South Korean are not the same nationality wise, but their blooedline are tight with each other. As far as I know, I have a lot of Korean friends who think Korea should unite North and South. However, in many places we still seperate Korean into North and South to distinquish their political position. Same for Taiwanese and Chinese... (I hope I dont need to type another essay to educate Z2G.. cuz I am gonna start to charge him ... geez lol)

Z2G, I dont see it wrong if an American born Chinese calls himself "I am American". Therefore, I do not see it wrong a person born in Taiwan calls himself "I am Taiwanese, not Chinese". Your bloodline analogy is sorta irrelevant... How old are you again...? @_@ Maybe if I know your age I can try to communicate with you better by thinking at that stage of maturaity.
i don't think age is very relevant if the argument is coherent. but, if you have to know, i'm 32 years old. i had already stated that i was done with the discussion. there's no need to go any further because everyone is free to believe what they choose. however, the discussion started due to reaction to the stereotypical taiwanese response which i know many taiwanese, themselves, consider arrogant and unnecessary. but, whatever floats your boat

Old 08-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah Z2G, I agree. peace out ~ It is G that we should care~

As for this thread, does the non HID headlight have projector housing? if it does, the $800+ plus $300 phillips HID kit is not bad for OEM...

Old 08-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
^ McLaren F1 isnt on your driven list is it?
I havent drove an F1 but an SLR McLaren came in. Already drove the new SC Rover.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:47 AM
not sure if this was asked already, but are the headlights bi-xenon or single xenon??

thanks!
-WaLLy

Old 08-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
McLaren SLR is close enough, better than I prolly ever will, but the McLaren F1 is the Angelina Jolie of supercars!

Old 08-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Same sh#T everywhere(US..China Taiwan)....everyone complains about the government .....Like religion....poly-tricks can fuel and endless debate with no winner....just whiners........I want an APS TT

Old 08-16-2005, 10:40 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
in all honesty... look at your pics from page 1. to me they look like projectors with no hid. too yellow. do u remember if they were hid or not? also... those other pics from page 3, are they the same car? they look more white. maybe it's the camera playing tricks. coming from a guy in manufacturing, i would bet my bottom dollar that all headlight housings will be projector with only hid's being swapped in if there really is an option. i am assuming that n.a. will be getting xenon only. but that's just my guess. also has anyone heard of the new keyless system on the '06 M's? apparantly it is a new 'push' button start as opposed to the twist **** currently offered. i wonder if this will migrate over to the other models?
It could still be HIDs. New HID bulbs are pretty yellow, which would agree with the claim that this is a new 06 coupe.

Also, I doubt that you'll ever see a complete aftermarket projector headlight assembly. It's too expensive for companies like APC to put real HID projectors in headlights. I don't think I've ever seen an aftermarket headlight with real D2S Bosch/Valeo/Stanley projectors, and certainly not for under $200. At best, you'll see headlights with crappy H3/H4 projectors that are available for Civics. It wouldn't be hard to swap such units for real projectors, but then you're doing a retrofit anyway.

If you can unbolt the bumper and can drill holes, you can do a projector retrofit. The E46 projectors are now only $99 new at hidplanet. Add a shroud, some screws, and your total cost is about $140 + an afternoon of your time.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1SIKH22
I havent drove an F1 but an SLR McLaren came in. Already drove the new SC Rover.
u might think people here envy you, but in reality youre just having foreplay with these cars and you just walk away with a boner... owning one and valeting one are 2 completely different things. now if you could open up these cars in the lot, then i would envy you, but i doubt it!

what hotel btw? caesars? bellagio? mandalay? im in vegas like every other weekend...