G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fooled around with a Boxter this morning.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fooled around with a Boxter this morning.

Hi all. This morning on the way to work on the Garden State Parkway in NJ. I noticed a boxter crusing along. I passed him and then noticed that the guy was following me. After the tolls he ended up in front of me. I threw it into manual/tiptronic, many times we have accelerated from about 60 to 105 or so and I was stuck behing him like glued. I know the guy was punching it. Im not sure if it was an S or not, how do you tell ? he dual-outlet exhaust tips. Any way it was fun and I was glad to see the my AT G perform this good next to a Porshe. The guy was about 45 or older. I guess the older folks like to have fun too

Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Fooled around with a Boxter this morning.

It would say "Boxster S" on the trunk. A G35 would get beat by a Boxter S but will kill a regular Boxter.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:45 AM

Nice I raced a Boxster On the Parkway also.. Im from Northern Jersey... Anyways I was behind him and he would hit it for a sec then stop as we got off the entrance ramp I turned into the next lane as soon as I did that he punched it and so did I... WOW I beat him soooooo bad it wasnt even funny maybe umm 10 cars but then again not sure if he was tring the whole way but hey I BEAT A PORSHE!!!

Old 07-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ummm, beat by a Boxster S, not quite! I had a Boxster S for two months prior owning the G35, was leasing it when it had severe engine problems, and I asked to become exempt from the lease (trust me, we're talking some weird engine [censored], not to mention the speedo said it had 4k miles when I got it, but it was recorded to be in at service with 11k, so somethings were not kosher with the car) nevertheless the dealership was very cool with it, and I hav to say although the Boxster S is a fast little car, the G would give it a good run for its money. I would beg to differ that a good driver in a G would easily take one. We're not talking a ferrari vs a hinda civic here. Its all about the launch, and as anyone who has driven a Porsche will agree, you'll get much more of a solid launch with the G vs the Boxster S, so if you can keep your feet planted, then it would be a good race. But if your reflexes are lacking, the little S with its abrubpt power will take ya. Oh one other note, the G couldnt hang with an S around the twistys, but thats where the nismo sway bars and sprints I have installed come into play!

Old 07-09-2003, 12:04 PM

Oooops I didnt race a Boxster S it was just a regular 1 but then again I still beat a Porshe

Old 07-09-2003, 12:49 PM

Now that I have seen pics of both regular and s, it definatelly was boxter s. Maybe the guy was afraid to really punch it, but then why would he be going 105 ?? If anything it seems to me that the G has close performance to it, with a couple of mods should be even and with a TT or SC forget about it

Old 07-09-2003, 02:32 PM

I think the older Boxter S is as fast, if not slower than the G. Only the new one is sub 6 seconds.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:48 PM

I owned a '03 Boxster S before my G35c and can tell you that only a very experianced driver in the Boxster would be able to take the G35c. Having owned both, here is the way I would say it would play out:

Box S 6sp vs. G35c 6sp = BoxS winner (depending on driver)
Box S auto vs. G35c auto = G35c winner

By the way, I absolutly hated the Boxster and that's why I got rid of it. The G35c is a much more complete car. Of course it all depends on what you like. IMHO, I think Porsches days are numbered as far as performance with cars like the Evo and WRX at half the price.

I have owned several Porches, two Masarati's, BMW and Mercedes, the G35c is probably the best all around car I've had for the money. Can you tell how much I enjoy my G35c?

"Some people see thing as they are and ask WHY? I dream of things that never were and ask WHY NOT?"

Old 07-09-2003, 09:52 PM

I don't know if it's fair to say that Porsches days are numbered. Do you really think that someone who has $90,000 to drop on a car, would go out and buy an EVO or an ugly looking WRX? It's a name, and I don't think their name will die any time soon. My two cents.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:13 PM

I just want you all to know that I fooled around with a boxter and she got me with a left hook....

Old 07-09-2003, 10:45 PM

You have a point zorro. I can only speak for myself when I say that I boght Proches because of their performance (speed & handeling). The name was a bonus. If those thing were still my main priority, the last thing I would want to do is drop 60-90K on a Porshe only to be whipped by a 30K stock car.

I have been a fan of Porshe for a long time and whish that they updated their products to modern times. Their sales have been dropping drasticly over the past several years because they cant keep up performance wise with other cars in the catigory for a descent price. It's a matter of time before they get bought out. They just can't survive financialy for long at this pace.

BTY, most Porsche owners I know of are trading in for the Z. Sorry for the long post. Peace.

"Some people see thing as they are and ask WHY? I dream of things that never were and ask WHY NOT?"

Old 07-09-2003, 10:56 PM

They are probably trading in their boxters for Z. I don't believe a 911 tubo is lacking performance or handling, compared to their competition. Just because they introduced a boxter, doesn't mean their cars aren't worth the money. The 911 look is just classy, and i would take that over my g(as much as i love it), any time. I need to check their financial standings to comment in that regard... peace.

Old 07-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off.. the BoxsterS' exhast has 2 tips not one. Its still oval shaped but you can see a divider in the middle unlike the normal Boxster with just one. And my 6MT coupe.. BoxsterS' are nothing. My dad has one, dark silver like the DG color. He used to race his Camero and Corvette when he was younger. We have raced on the track and I have smoked him numerous of times. The boxsterS is not a drag car though, it will give our G's a nice run for their money on the track. The S only has 265hp and isn't exactly the lightest Porsche. The thing about a Porsche is that they shift like silk. Our G's are hard to shift.. GOOD GAME NISMO!

P.S. I live by the GSP too, I'm exit 163 where are you?

Thanks - Joey Avino
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by malx on 07/10/03 10:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 PM

The porsche boxster espcially the base boxster IMO is more of a porsche wannabe. Bought by people who just want the name porsche. Now the 911 Turbo, thats a car.