G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got complimented by a Maserati owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 03:49 PM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got complimented by a Maserati owner

I went out to get my haircut and the place happens to be in a $$$ town (by $$$ i mean rich. Anyone fimiliar with mass, it was Andover. Anyhow I pull into the big parking lot that is parking to about 15 different places, and in the corner I see a red Maserati coupe sitting in the corner. I go and park next to it and take a few pics, their on my cell phone not sure how to get them off (nextel i860). Anyways I go in and get my haircut and come out about a half an hour later and right as Im coming out the maserati owner is walking to his car. Im about 200ft behind him watching as I get closer. He starts looking at the G, starting at the front and walking toward the back shaking his head (up and down, not side to side). So I approach and hes just about to sit in the drivers seat when he notices me and im walking right toward my G. Here is the conversation

Him: Is that your car?
Me: Yes it is.
Him: its very nice, it is new?
Me: No its actually 2 years old.
Him: Wow it doesnt look it, it looks brand new. I didnt even know those were out I would of bought one instead of this.
Me: Its actually a Infiniti G35 but the car is sold as a Nissan Skyline over in japan.
Him: Oh I see. Well ive seen g35's around but none of them look yours.
Me: Well I have a few modifications done.
Him: It really looks great.
Me: thanks man, I love your car to!
Him: (in a cocky voice) for 85g's it better look nice!
Me: haha, have a good day man
Him: you to.

All in all the guy was a cool guy, but for 85grand their is definately better cars out their.

Last edited by IS300TOG35; 09-20-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
It's always good to hear stories like this where the guy who owns the expensive car doesn't turn out to be a *****.

To get the pics off of the i860, you can send them to your e-mail address through the text messaging system. Just go to the pic on the phone in photo center and select the pic you want to send. Hit the upper left softkey that says SEND and in the "to" line just type out your email address and send it off. Thats how I always send my pics to my email.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's my story (and yes, I actually get complimented at least twice a month if not more).

I head off to go to a club in Hollyweird. As I park my car to go with my friend a guy wallking his dog comes up to me and looks at me. I am thinking to myself, I must be illegally parked or am too close to the driveway. I get out and check to see that the curb isn't red and there is enough room for the tenants of the apartment complex to get out and now take out my rear bumber. The guy and his dog comes up to me and this is what transpires:

Guy with Dog: Hey, nice car!
Me: Thanks.
Guy with Dog: I really like it. Is it a manual 6 speed?
Me: Yep. I wouldn't get it any other way.
Guy with Dog: Yeah, I really wanted to get that car. Instead, I got a Jaguar. I really wished I got that car instead but I need four doors right now.
Me: Thanks. Yeah, it's a blast to drive.
Guy with Dog: I'm jealous. The Jaguar doesn't even look as nice as your car. Hey, take care.
Me: Thanks.

Believe it or not, my car is totally stocked. Not one aftermarket item on it either. I think the fact that I don't have the rear spoiler makes it look even better (IMHO).

Old 09-20-2005, 05:38 PM
85 thou i would get an E55. That thing is a monsterrrr. Bobby... My name is Bobby and i have the same car in AT

Old 09-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The E55 Amg is the only Benzo I would ever get...don't even get my started on that one.

Maserati's are cool, I like the new 4 doors as well. However, 85 G's is not worth it to me for that car.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by B GrAzi
85 thou i would get an E55. That thing is a monsterrrr. Bobby... My name is Bobby and i have the same car in AT
LOL...ur my auto twin. Where in SI are you?

Old 09-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Good story IS300TOG35. For 85K I'd get a Merc. CLS AMG! I know it's a sedan but it's just so beautiful and fast....

Old 09-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Alumni****
always good to get compliments about our G's

and i agree, definitely E55 > CLS55.. that's just my opinion

Old 09-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Hell ya, I love the e55..I heard the CLS is really hard to see out of as well.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=BrianlG35C]Good story IS300TOG35. For 85K I'd get a Merc. CLS AMG! I know it's a sedan but it's just so beautiful and fast....[QUOTE]

You think the AMG is fast? Check out Brabus's Rocket! Electronically limited to 218MPH

Brabus Rocket

Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Maserati is about its racing heritage.

Last edited by CarCrazed; 09-20-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
The E55 Amg is the only Benzo I would ever get...don't even get my started on that one.

Maserati's are cool, I like the new 4 doors as well. However, 85 G's is not worth it to me for that car.
I had an 04 E55, but got rid of it and got the new 997 carrera S (pics of my G and S on one of these posts around here). It was an amazing car, you could fill it up with people and beat almost anything while being comforatable.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Originally Posted by trackmagic
I had an 04 E55, but got rid of it and got the new 997 carrera S (pics of my G and S on one of these posts around here). It was an amazing car, you could fill it up with people and beat almost anything while being comforatable.

EXACTLY!!!!! One time I saw an E55 amg with at least 4, possibly 5 guys in the car, plus the car was BUMPING so that means he had even more weight with a sub in the trunk. Started street racing with an m3 and a carrera I believe...and that thing PULLED on them. Ridiculous torque on that car, unbelieveable.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:43 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by IS300TOG35
I went out to get my haircut and the place happens to be in a $$$ town (by $$$ i mean rich. Anyone fimiliar with mass, it was Andover. Anyhow I pull into the big parking lot that is parking to about 15 different places, and in the corner I see a red Maserati coupe sitting in the corner. I go and park next to it and take a few pics, their on my cell phone not sure how to get them off (nextel i860). Anyways I go in and get my haircut and come out about a half an hour later and right as Im coming out the maserati owner is walking to his car. Im about 200ft behind him watching as I get closer. He starts looking at the G, starting at the front and walking toward the back shaking his head (up and down, not side to side). So I approach and hes just about to sit in the drivers seat when he notices me and im walking right toward my G. Here is the conversation

Him: Is that your car?
Me: Yes it is.
Him: its very nice, it is new?
Me: No its actually 2 years old.
Him: Wow it doesnt look it, it looks brand new. I didnt even know those were out I would of bought one instead of this.
Me: Its actually a Infiniti G35 but the car is sold as a Nissan Skyline over in japan.
Him: Oh I see. Well ive seen g35's around but none of them look yours.
Me: Well I have a few modifications done.
Him: It really looks great.
Me: thanks man, I love your car to!
Him: (in a cocky voice) for 85g's it better look nice!
Me: haha, have a good day man
Him: you to.

All in all the guy was a cool guy, but for 85grand their is definately better cars out their.
Did he show you any naked pictures of himself?

Old 09-20-2005, 09:57 PM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Did he show you any naked pictures of himself?

i dont really understand your comment randy...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got complimented by a Maserati owner