G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

bad news...crashed my baby =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I trust you did not create an extreme hardship for the other driver. You did not mention the condition of the other car. It would be terrible if they had to put cash out of pocket to get another car. The insurance companies only pay out so much.

You should be excited about being alive and not excited with your future purchase of a new G. That's the statement, which shows imaturity regardless of your age. It's actually quite scary to hear.

Lesson learned . . . Please do be more prudent and a bit more considerate of others in the future. Glad to hear that you are well.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hyl768s

By the way are your brakes for sale now? LOL

you mean all 3 of them?? LOLOL

Old 09-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GonSpeed
you mean all 3 of them?? LOLOL
4 if he can find the lost wheel

Old 09-26-2005, 09:09 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, that's quite an accident.

A lot of crashed G stories on this board start with "I had VDC off...."

Old 09-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on now guys, give guy a break, like we have never did stupid things before,...dont think he would trun VDC off ever again, in any car!

Old 09-26-2005, 10:19 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Thanks god u r ok.
U reminder me one of my stories I was driving fast at curve and I wanted to shift from 3rd to 4th. But what happened that I shift from 3rd to 2nd. The VDS was on so I could handle my 3 weeks old G35 I was so scared

Old 09-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000etc.

I think everyone could benifit from a profesional driving school.

Originally Posted by P_Diddy
Obviously your driving skills are not good enough to warrant you driving around without VDC. I would highly recommend driving school or auto-x to improve your skills before you kill somebody on the road. When I do go driving through the mountains, I still leave VDC on because there is not much margin for error. It may not be as fun but it is much safer for you and others.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Good, another arsehole off the road!! If you can't drive, don't do anything stupid, like taking the VDC off. It was never fun to have accident caused by kids like you, whether anyone got hurt or not. Hope the hell your insurance sky rocket so the only thing you can afford to drive is a tricycle for the next five years. No sympathy from me. Stay off the focking roads in VA and MD as I don't want to see your type around.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Thread backfire

Old 09-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Before I get too deep into this, I am a Bondurant Graduate... twice over for differnt classes... I am quite experience with track/autox so with that said...

I think that the VDC causes more harm than good. Driving in the rain, I hit a decent puddle with my front right wheel, and the SLIP light illuminated and the car began pulling instantly to the front passengerside wheel, IE the car oversteered with the tail end going left. I almost hit a guard rail because the VDC disabled my ability to throttle back of of the situation, and I had to hit my brakes and try to play the avoid the solid object game while VDC was fighting my every move. That being said, I haven't driven with VDC on since than.

To whomever commented about finding a parking lot... +1. I had one by my house in New Jersey I would frequent with cones, until the Po Po told me I had to go. The parking lot was a shut down military bases lot, outside the still standing barbed wire fence. You really learn how the car handles when you intentionally iniciated alot of high speed over steer in the car, or how well it does donuts, however you wanna look at it. I will admit, this car is very easy to keep under control once you get the feel of it.

HOWEVER, those of you who preach about VDC staying on.... Well every RWD car with a good amount of HP thats ever come out hasnt had a form of traction control. Traction control is actually just an option on most f bodies and mustangs, and most are made without it anyway and those have WAY more power and WAY more ability to kick out the *** end than our high rev vq motors. Its not the traction control that needs to be on, its your own ability that needs to be on. If ya dont got it, don't play. Its that simple.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lesson has been learned, but seriously i'll buy your brakes. But only if the others who offered before me get their chance first. And can you ship them?

Old 09-27-2005, 02:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blksnake
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000etc.

I think everyone could benifit from a profesional driving school.
I think you could benefit from some English classes, along with the professional driving school.

Last edited by P_Diddy; 09-27-2005 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
So glad most of you either weren't around or weren't old enough to drive while I was growing up. Traction control was unheard of, just as was any fancy VDC system. How the **** did we get anywhere back then? Our rear end could have slid around any time?!

It would be great if, when people give the obligatory "keep the VDC on" reponse, they prefaced the comment with "If you aren't experienced with high-power RWD cars or are prone to stupid manuevers...". Otherwise, these replies grate on my nerves. As with all cars, you have to respect their limits on the street. If you have yet to find these limits in your G, don't try to find them on the street.

I almost always dismiss these VDC-off incidents for what they are... ...driver error and/or inexperience. I've played around and the G isn't very easy to get loose... ...but it does handle nice, flat and predictable when it does (in experienced hands). The fact that it is hard to get loose might actually be doing these inexperienced drivers more harm than good, as the speeds/power required to do so are higher.

Likewise, I can't help but think that there are those inexperienced drivers out there who are gaining a false sense of security with the VDC on all the time. Some dumb*** is going to take a 20mph turn at 70mph, thinking that they are safe because the VDC is on.

The VDC system in this car is very intrusive. If it was dialed back some, I'd probably leave it on. But as is, the system engages well before the actual limits are reached and it's abrupt operation kills the balance of the chassis during turns. I'd rather feel the slip approaching and react accordingly than to have the VDC buck me off my line during mid-corner and set me up for a crash.

Sorry. Had to get it out there. And so you all understand, I agree that most of you probably should keep the VDC on all the time. j/k
Excellent points. Lately, since the S/C install, I've been exploring what driving with the VDC OFF is all about. Let me tell you that this is the first RWD car that I've ever had and I'm scared to drive w/ it off. If the VDC is on and I go 3/4 throttle all I get is SLIP!!! on the dash and the power dies. HUGE BUZZ KILL!

Since the S/C is so new I find myself keeping the VDC off whenever I'm in traffic (gotta love being the first one at a stop light ). However, whenever I'm on the highway I'm almost scared to drive with it off. "Just incase" I have that knee jerk reaction of dodging something in the road. I've also been turning it ON whenever the road even has a hint of water on it.

All of this on/off/on/off is starting to get annoying. I too wished the system was less intrusive and find myself hitting the VDC button multiple times on my drive to/from work every day. My major concern is that I'll forget to turn it on just once and find out that I needed it.

I've actually found myself taking a morning on ramp at about 10 mph SLOWER with VDC off, just because I'm fully aware of what could happen. Be careful out there kiddies, the VDC technology in todays cars is a real gift.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by EX-250
Well every RWD car with a good amount of HP thats ever come out hasnt had a form of traction control. Traction control is actually just an option on most f bodies and mustangs, and most are made without it anyway and those have WAY more power and WAY more ability to kick out the *** end than our high rev vq motors.
Yeah, and that's one of the reasons those cars have such high accident rates, and insurance costs. Young people tend to buy them with little experience, and they quickly learn the laws of physics the hard way.

Its not the traction control that needs to be on, its your own ability that needs to be on. If ya dont got it, don't play. Its that simple.
I agree with that, but there's a big difference between just traction control and a stability control system. Traction control only helps if you're being a complete idiot with the throttle, particularly in bad weather. Stability control is much more of a safety feature than traction control, especially with a high HP RWD car, as it can correct driver errors leading to both oversteer and understeer conditions that may or may not be throttle induced errors.

People just need to learn their cars by driving them hard in a proper environment. Don't learn on public roads. Go to a high speed driving event on a high speed road course. Go to your local SCCA autocross event. That is where you learn your car and your own driving abilities in a legal, safer environment, where you're pretty much only risking your own life, and no one else's. I've learned so much about my cars and my own driving skills at high speed road courses and autocross that I could have never learned on the street without being in jail, wrecking my car, or killing myself or someone else.

I've spun my cars out on autocross several times, and didn't hit anything more than a cone. If I spun my car out on a public road like that, then it would have had an outcome similar to what happened on this thread.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:45 AM
I have a '91 300ZX. It has no VDC or traction control of any sort. Used to drive it through snow and ice when I lived near Chicago (I live near Tampa now). Never lost it once.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: bad news...crashed my baby =(