G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone noticed that official infiniti website says that they offer brembos on 6MT?
how stupid!

Old 10-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was quite disappointed when I went to look at the '05 G's and noticed that Brembos were not used. The brakes, which I have will more than suit my needs n purposes and then some.

Unless you are tracking your car, what are the real world benefits or gains of the Brembo set-up?

Old 10-22-2005, 10:22 PM
G'z 6MT
Old 10-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I can't understand why people desire brembo's so much on this car. Why not get an 05 or 06 and just put upgraded brakes on.... IMO cross drilled with a huge caliper is going to be way better looking and performing than anything on any current factory vehicle. So why choose a plastic interior, older engine, and older car just for some calipers?

Old 10-23-2005, 01:04 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pop099
I can't understand why people desire brembo's so much on this car. Why not get an 05 or 06 and just put upgraded brakes on.... IMO cross drilled with a huge caliper is going to be way better looking and performing than anything on any current factory vehicle. So why choose a plastic interior, older engine, and older car just for some calipers?
True,

But a BBK kit isn't cheap

Old 10-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by G35Gnome
I thought about used 04 because of brembos but it just didnt make sense price wise. Also Id rather have a better engine than better brakes.
Better engine? I have a neighbor with an 05 6MT same car as mine basically, but I have an 04 6MT and can pull on him every time, in fact, there has not been even one time he came out ahead... I'm not saying I smoked him, but came out ahead without a doubt, each time... We are friends and have been playing around for about 8 months with the cars now.

Different power curve tuning yeah, better engine, no. If infiniti had made the 18HP gain and been able to keep the 10ft\lbs torque, then I would say it was better, but to loose the 10ft\lbs torque, I can't say there was much gain. Go to your nearest strip or track and you will see.

Oh, yeah, about the internals, unless you are adding some very serious boost, there is no everyday benefit. I will be fine under warranty until 08 when I trade it, probably for another G or M45 unless the GT-R makes it here and that would be a no brainer.

Quit hating on the 03-04, I see alot of it lately, all models are nice... But if you want to talk crap, I'm in htown, bring that 05 and I'll show you what i'm talking bout'

Last edited by htownboy; 10-23-2005 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:44 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by htownboy
Better engine? I have a neighbor with an 05 6MT same car as mine basically, but I have an 04 6MT and can pull on him every time, in fact, there has not been even one time he came out ahead... I'm not saying I smoked him, but came out ahead without a doubt, each time... We are friends and have been playing around for about 8 months with the cars now.

Different power curve tuning yeah, better engine, no. If infiniti had made the 18HP gain and been able to keep the 10ft\lbs torque, then I would say it was better, but to loose the 10ft\lbs torque, I can't say there was much gain. Go to your nearest strip or track and you will see.

Oh, yeah, about the internals, unless you are adding some very serious boost, there is no everyday benefit. I will be fine under warranty until 08 when I trade it, probably for another G or M45 unless the GT-R makes it here and that would be a no brainer.

Quit hating on the 03-04, I see alot of it lately, all models are nice... But if you want to talk crap, I'm in htown, bring that 05 and I'll show you what i'm talking bout'
Unfortunately that doens't say much as to why it's not a better engine.

From what i can tell youre suggesting that the engines are equal, if not the older ones slightly better (depending on driver). But let's say they are equal for to make things simple.

So you have two engines where all things are equal, would you rahter have one with stronger internals or one without?

Old 10-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mc2
Unfortunately that doens't say much as to why it's not a better engine.

From what i can tell youre suggesting that the engines are equal, if not the older ones slightly better (depending on driver). But let's say they are equal for to make things simple.

So you have two engines where all things are equal, would you rahter have one with stronger internals or one without?
I have an 05 and based on everything I've read, it has the same engine as earlier G models. Sure, there were some superficial changes but nothing extraordinary. I'm not sure what you mean by stronger internals. It's the same block ,the same connecting rods, the same pistons, the same crankshaft, the same camshaft, and the same valves. They've been tuned a little differently to yield an additional 18 HP. Big whoop!

Old 10-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by htownboy
I aint the one hating here buddy ... I simply stated that when deciding to get another G, MT in this case I decied to get the better/stronger/newer (however you want to put it) engine and everything that comes with it ... (wheels/interior was a huge difference as well) than the gold colored brembo calipers. Dont get me wrong if there was an option between the ones on 05 and brembo I would take the brembo for sure, but not over all of the new 05-06 goodness.

The fact is you 03-04 people are now getting all upset because we 05-06 peeps got the new REVUP motor ... well you still have the gold bling so it aint all that bad

And as far as me talking crap, read the next couple of posts after mine and all of the other opinions on this even from 04 G owners ... I simply stated a fact, get over yourself.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by FAST1
I have an 05 and based on everything I've read, it has the same engine as earlier G models. Sure, there were some superficial changes but nothing extraordinary. I'm not sure what you mean by stronger internals. It's the same block ,the same connecting rods, the same pistons, the same crankshaft, the same camshaft, and the same valves. They've been tuned a little differently to yield an additional 18 HP. Big whoop!
Nope

Exhaust cams are different. Old engine had variable timing on intake side only, new one intake and exhaust. Rods, journals and connecting bolts are stronger to allow the higher redline. I'd love to drop this engine in my '03 with my mods.

Lou

Old 10-23-2005, 10:55 AM
The thing for me was this...I thought of buying a 05 to have 298hp w/no Brembos. A brake upgrade was out of the question as they're always so pricey...esp. for all 4.
Instead, I went with the 03 w/ Brembos, put in the Plenum, pulleys, test pipes, exhaust, and CAI. I'm at least ASSUMING that another 18 crank hp came from those even though some of the mods probably were just done to do...ie exhaust.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FAST1

Thanks for saying that. Maybe coming from an '05 owner those that keep harping about the '05 being a vastly better engine will see more clearly.

Old 10-23-2005, 12:13 PM
i sat on an 05 loaner on my last oil change and when i saw the temp gauge cluster i said to myself wtf did they do? the gauges were separated by different rectangular shapes and backlighted like in those old cellphones making it look cheap. the 03-04 temp cluster was just all black, no weird shapes in the background, clear orange LCD gauges with no backlight.

why did they have to mess that up?

Old 10-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Thanks for saying that. Maybe coming from an '05 owner those that keep harping about the '05 being a vastly better engine will see more clearly.
But he's wrong

Lou

Old 10-23-2005, 02:32 PM
If you keep your engine stock, what differences does it make with stronger internal? Even w/ minor N/A mods, those internal upgrades still doesn't make much difference. There are plenty of people who S/C and TT their non-Revup engine with low boost and still keep the reliability. The only place where those upgraded internal parts help is when you start pushing near 400WHP and beyond. But then, you probably spent so much month that rebuilding with even stronger internal and lower compression would be far superior than keeping the stock Revup internal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?