G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mc2
Unfortunately that doens't say much as to why it's not a better engine.

From what i can tell youre suggesting that the engines are equal, if not the older ones slightly better (depending on driver). But let's say they are equal for to make things simple.

So you have two engines where all things are equal, would you rahter have one with stronger internals or one without?
I will always pick the one with more torque, as long as it is capable of handling the power and we all know the VQ was very tough already as it has been wards 10 best and you surely dont read many posts about them coming apart.

I could have bought the 05, in fact had ordered one already, but changed by mind due to Brembo's, TB color and torque... I will see the benefits of the evoultion of this car when I trade mine in in 08... Hopefully there will be many more changes by then and maybe a GT-R!

Old 10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
all g's are nice so lets stop comparing them, all have their benifits somewhere

Old 10-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by fabulustt7
all g's are nice so lets stop comparing them, all have their benifits somewhere
Same point I've been try to get across since early in this thread... Every year there will be improvements in some places until the entire platform is replaced which will probably be a long time from now...

Old 10-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have brembos and a car that is just as fast as yours...... how often do people comment on your stronger internals when you drive around? I get at least 1 compliment a month on my brakes (either nice brembos or WHOA were those brakes stock?).... how often do you get that on your extra hp or stronger internals? my engine hasnt blown up yet so i really dont see the added draw of this.... torque is more fun than hp

Old 10-24-2005, 02:50 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FAST1
I have an 05 and based on everything I've read, it has the same engine as earlier G models. Sure, there were some superficial changes but nothing extraordinary. I'm not sure what you mean by stronger internals. It's the same block ,the same connecting rods, the same pistons, the same crankshaft, the same camshaft, and the same valves. They've been tuned a little differently to yield an additional 18 HP. Big whoop!
Sorry:

1 Stronger Rods
2 Stronger Rod Bolts
3 Variable Valve on the Exhaust Side
4 New ECU
5 Intake Manifold
6 Redline at 7,000RPM

Old 10-24-2005, 02:51 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by htownboy
I will always pick the one with more torque, as long as it is capable of handling the power and we all know the VQ was very tough already as it has been wards 10 best and you surely dont read many posts about them coming apart.

I could have bought the 05, in fact had ordered one already, but changed by mind due to Brembo's, TB color and torque... I will see the benefits of the evoultion of this car when I trade mine in in 08... Hopefully there will be many more changes by then and maybe a GT-R!
But my question was holding all things equal.. which one would you pick.

But either way, with the motordyne mod, it looks like the 05s will have more HP and Torque soon. But you'll still have nicer brakes. True.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by mc2
Sorry:

1 Stronger Rods
2 Stronger Rod Bolts
4 New ECU
5 Intake Manifold
6 Redline at 7,000RPM
I love my new G pulled my friends 13.1 best eg hatchback last night but it was on the freeway from 4th to 6th and his gears are short but hell I still won also a S600 v12 ahhah oh yea and last week a new s2k

Old 10-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by ratedxmarcel
I love my new G pulled my friends 13.1 best eg hatchback last night but it was on the freeway from 4th to 6th and his gears are short but hell I still won also a S600 v12 ahhah oh yea and last week a new s2k
wow.. u beat an s600 ? some of u really have some wild imaginations.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by mc2
Sorry:

1 Stronger Rods
2 Stronger Rod Bolts
4 New ECU
5 Intake Manifold
6 Redline at 7,000RPM
Sorry, you still got smoked by an 04

Old 10-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by mc2
But my question was holding all things equal.. which one would you pick.

But either way, with the motordyne mod, it looks like the 05s will have more HP and Torque soon. But you'll still have nicer brakes. True.
True, I also will have new pistons, rods, cams and a nice Greddy TT sometime after this winter.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
wow.. u beat an s600 ? some of u really have some wild imaginations.
yup sure did well thats what it said and sure didnt sound like a v8 it was pretty quick too it left my friends eg hatch and I had to play catch up with the s600 pulled it only by about half a car and I was playing catch up he had the go so maybe would of beat him by more if we left at the same time

Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Raznips
i have brembos and a car that is just as fast as yours...... how often do people comment on your stronger internals when you drive around? I get at least 1 compliment a month on my brakes (either nice brembos or WHOA were those brakes stock?).... how often do you get that on your extra hp or stronger internals? my engine hasnt blown up yet so i really dont see the added draw of this.... torque is more fun than hp
1 compliment a month on brakes??? where do u live....

my 05 gets compliments on teh stock 19"s
if i wanted to i could just paint my calipers red.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by lowrider
But he's wrong

Lou
The way I define a better engine is that it has better performance. The performance of all G35 model years is essentially the same. So Nissan Engineers had to reengineer the G35 engine to make Stronger Rods, Stronger Rod Bolts, Variable Valve on the Exhaust Side, New ECU5 Intake Manifold and all they did was to add about a 7% HP gain and a similar decrease in torque. Man, what a waste of money.

I'm a botton line guy myself. I judge things by the way they perform, not the way they look on paper. I've seen absolutely no evidence that the '05s have better performance than earlier models. As a matter of fact a case can be made that the 05s have less performance since they don't have brembos, and braking is a major part of a car's performance. Hell, I wish Nissan wouldn't have changed the '05 engine at all and kept the brembos as standard on the coupe.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by FAST1
The way I define a better engine is that it has better performance. The performance of all G35 model years is essentially the same. So Nissan Engineers had to reengineer the G35 engine to make Stronger Rods, Stronger Rod Bolts, Variable Valve on the Exhaust Side, New ECU5 Intake Manifold and all they did was to add about a 7% HP gain and a similar decrease in torque. Man, what a waste of money.

I'm a botton line guy myself. I judge things by the way they perform, not the way they look on paper. I've seen absolutely no evidence that the '05s have better performance than earlier models. As a matter of fact a case can be made that the 05s have less performance since they don't have brembos, and braking is a major part of a car's performance. Hell, I wish Nissan wouldn't have changed the '05 engine at all and kept the brembos as standard on the coupe.
Amen!
I would have bought the 05 I ordered if this were the way things went, I decided at the last minute, no Brembo's no 05... Will wait till 08 and see what is available for trading, but I may just keep this 04 and do some seriuos mods and buy an M in 08; this all depends on the availability of a GT-R here, then it's a no-brainer.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:44 AM
03-04 G owners are closet 05+ lovers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?