G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?

Okay so heres the deal I just got my 06 6mt sport tuned package 6spd with aero blah blah G coupe and some people keep saying damn no brembos? but I have heard and read that they stopped offering brembos in 04 due to various problems...is there any type of write up or more proof I can show them?...thanks ps I did a search but didnt really come up with anything besides a couple posts about brake dust and premature brake pad wear..

Old 10-22-2005, 04:31 PM
who cares what people think?

its your car.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah there is proof- Get a '05-'06MT and show them the none brembo brakes

Old 10-22-2005, 04:53 PM
yeayeayea but I want to read more on it too..such as why they stopped offering brembos and see the stopping distance compairison 04s with brembos vs 05&06 without.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we need a FAQ so this thread can get locked.

anyway, here we go:

there's no real evidence that the brembos had problems on the G... in fact, they're still being used on the Z (exact same parts). on the other hand, the 03-04 non-brembo brakes had issues, which caused the warranty to be extended.

it seems more likely that nissan dropped them from the g/skyline in order to save costs so they could improve the interior and other parts of the car. they probably figured that it wouldnt matter to most G owners anyway.

against a knowledgeable person, you cant win this argument. at best you can agree to disagree, if you dont want to believe what i said in the last paragraph..

Old 10-22-2005, 05:28 PM
I looked at buying the 03/04s purely because of the Brembos...

Old 10-22-2005, 05:35 PM
The Brembo's were the ONLY reason I bought a used 04 instead of the 05 6MT. After the upgrade to slotted Brembo rotors I love them even more! I don't think they had problems but rather like tikknikal said, it was a cost cutting thing.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by ScottR
The Brembo's were the ONLY reason I bought a used 04 instead of the 05 6MT. After the upgrade to slotted Brembo rotors I love them even more! I don't think they had problems but rather like tikknikal said, it was a cost cutting thing.

Me too...Bought mine in October 2004.

The Brembo's look awesome. Stopping distance is about the same. The big difference is fade. Brembo's are better in this department.

If you are really into brakes, I would get a Stoptech Kit.

Old 10-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I thought about used 04 because of brembos but it just didnt make sense price wise. Also Id rather have a better engine than better brakes.

Old 10-22-2005, 07:06 PM
how is 05/06 having "better engines"?? they are just diff...tuned differently, but not better or worse. in fact, there are slim to none performance differences. one has higher hp, one with higher torq.. please tell me how does one better than the other?

Old 10-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
how is 05/06 having "better engines"?? they are just diff...tuned differently, but not better or worse. in fact, there are slim to none performance differences. one has higher hp, one with higher torq.. please tell me how does one better than the other?
The RevUp engine IS a better engine. As well as the tuning, it is beefed up internally, and due to this has a higher redline. I'd like to drop one in my '03, transfer my mods and go.

Lou

Old 10-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Over 70K on my Brembos and all I've changed were the pads. Same original rotors too.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:26 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
the 05+ engines is a better engine by a far cry.

Don't get defensive because you don't have the 05+ engine.

the internals aren't even the same. And unless you can get these kind of results out of your 03/04 engine from one single 500 dollar bolt on, then i rest my case

https://g35driver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70343

Old 10-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mc2
the 05+ engines is a better engine by a far cry.

Don't get defensive because you don't have the 05+ engine.

the internals aren't even the same. And unless you can get these kind of results out of your 03/04 engine from one single 500 dollar bolt on, then i rest my case

https://g35driver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70343
What "results" are you speaking of and what exactly makes it a "better engine by a far cry"?

The VQ that we all enjoy has been a Wards top ten engine for many years and is well known for being robust, powerful and fairly smooth. It's fair to say that the '05 evolutionary tweaking to the engine is positive but hardly by a far cry since the predecessor was so good. Improvements were made to the '05 internals (unnecessary to the 03/04) to accomodate the higher revving engine with higher peak horsepower at some expense of lower peak torque. This helps with the marketing of the car and the focus on higher published horsepower numbers.

Unless I have missed them there isn't anyone with faster track times from a stock '05. The new 6MT motordyne set up however does really benefit the '05 cars and makes a better reason to own an '05.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:06 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
What "results" are you speaking of and what exactly makes it a "better engine by a far cry"?

The VQ that we all enjoy has been a Wards top ten engine for many years and is well known for being robust, powerful and fairly smooth. It's fair to say that the '05 evolutionary tweaking to the engine is positive but hardly by a far cry since the predecessor was so good. Improvements were made to the '05 internals (unnecessary to the 03/04) to accomodate the higher revving engine with higher peak horsepower at some expense of lower peak torque. This helps with the marketing of the car and the focus on higher published horsepower numbers.

Unless I have missed them there isn't anyone with faster track times from a stock '05. The new 6MT motordyne set up however does really benefit the '05 cars and makes a better reason to own an '05.
IMO, the improved internals alone make it a better engine. Assuming we hold all things equal, same track times, similar power with trade offs in torque and HP -- the fact that the 05+ has better internals is enough to tip the scales.

And yes, since the results of that motordyne modification has been posted, to me it makes the 05 that much better of an engine since it allows for the HP increas with that mod. The results i was speaking of was the dyno graph of the motordyne modification. That alone makes the engine much better since it can accept that modification and give those results.

Okay sorry, maybe i exagerated a litle bit.. it may not be a far cry.. but it is DEFINATELY an improvement, especially with the dyno results from the motordyne mod. The 05's will definately show up the 03/04 models that i dont think any amount of bolt ons on a 03-04 will be able to produce the same results.

Last edited by mc2; 10-22-2005 at 09:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?