G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pulled Over in the G35: How many times, what mods, fine totals, etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled Over in the G35: How many times, what mods, fine totals, etc.

Ok, this thread is prompted by my curiosity of how many G35's (coupes specifically) are getting pulled over on a regular basis. I feel that in my experience since having this car, I have been pulled over more times than I can count on my fingers within a one year period. Refer to my https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic/55698-worst-weekend-ever-3-tickets-2-days-2-states.html thread on my reasoning for this.

The information will be based on the following criteria:
1) What state are you in?
2) How many times you have been pulled over in your G35 since getting it (total)?
3) If you have tint (what percent), and or any other mods that would attract law enforcement (aftermarket lighting, aftermarket exhaust, no front plate, etc.).
4) What are the tickets you have received for being pulled over (detail is fine), and what was the end result of these tickets?
5) Total paid in fines, including lawyers fees since having your G35.
6) Any other misc comments you have about experiences with police officers while driving your G35.

Once again, I highly respect law enforcement for the great jobs they do, so this thread is not to slam or put down police in any way shape or form.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
zero, police officers are great!

Old 11-17-2005, 11:48 AM
zero so far, I have Bel Pro Rx65, it saved me a few times from laser.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by G35MC
zero so far, I have Bel Pro Rx65, it saved me a few times from laser.
I have a hardwired V1 with remote display, it does not mean you are immune to being pulled over for other reasons. Sure, speeding is a major factor, but in my experiences it was never because of speeding.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 PM
I've been pulled over once for speeding in my Coupe 6MT. No ticket, no fine. No mods. Incident in Michigan. Damn lucky not to as I was doing 45 in a 25.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:19 PM
1) CA
2) 2
3) 35%? Intake, No Front Plates, Clear Corners / Hyper whites all around. Rebadged *some cops will pull you and ticket you for this*
4) Speeding - 90+ in a 75. Came out to like 300ish?
5) 300ish.
6) No one really pulls me over and when they do they just ask about the car *shrug*.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Easy, Not been pulled over.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
im in philly doing the same speed as everybody else but this ******** pig decides to pull me over and actually had the nerve to call my house and tell my grandparents i was doing 95... i wasnt even in sixth gear... it was raining ... and i was smokin a blunt so y would i be speeding.. then this idiot writes on my ticket that i was operating vehicle at a SAFE speed and i got a 115$ ticket but i am fighting .. i have to go to court on 2/11... this was the third time i was pulled over... 1st time was in philly as well for wreckless driving but it was dropped b/c the pig was a dick as well and tried to give me wreckless for turning right on red... *****.. nd time just rolled a stop sign ... but i have only had my car sice march

Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dj Cyntex
6) No one really pulls me over and when they do they just ask about the car *shrug*.

One of my more memorable pull over stories was being pulled over by an undercover cop car, the interesting thing was that it was a modded CIVIC. Two normally clothed officers walk up to my car and proceed to ask me where I was going, and where I was coming from, and where I lived, no mention of anything else. The funny part is, while this one officer is questioning me (passenger side), my wife is in the car with me, and she notices the other officer standing about 6 feet away from the car just looking at it up and down. They go back to the CIVIC while I waited for roughly 1 minute, and then both return. The officer that was standing 6 feet away the whole time leans in my car, hands me my information, and asks bluntly "Those aren't stock Infiniti rims, they are real nice". I reply kindly with a smile and a thank you. He does the same and goes on his way.

I have other interesting pull over stories, but this is just one of many in the bag-o-pullovers.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:54 PM
i'm being honest when i say this i get pulled over at least 3 times a month, i haven't gotten any tickets yet, but where i live cops are annoying, i live in marlboro nj. Jus the other day my friend and i were goin to ac, he was going to meet me at my job, Applebees, right next to my job is a jewlery store, and thats where i park my car cuz they have cameras in their lot, and im sittin gin my car just waiting for my friend and a cop pulls up puts his lights on and tells me to step out of my car. than i get out and he tells me to put my hands on the hood. I always listen. Than backup comes. I didn't get a ticket, but my cocasian friend came and explained everything, than the cop let me go and he had the nerve to say, hook me up when i come to applebees.
I'm black and i drive a fully stock g, and i don't speed, only on on ramps do i play with the power

Old 11-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by rdurkin05g35
im in philly doing the same speed as everybody else but this ******** pig decides to pull me over and actually had the nerve to call my house and tell my grandparents i was doing 95... i wasnt even in sixth gear... it was raining ... and i was smokin a blunt so y would i be speeding..
no offense but what were you doin smoking a blunt on the highway in the rain? i dunno what road you were on, but when i used to drive the schuylkill in the rain that thing was dangerous enough to keep me puckered

i think crypten started this thread so that we could discuss the reasons why some of us get pulled over (tints, rims, bodykit, loud exhaust, etc.).... not for you to degrade police by calling them pigs and whining about an incident where you were clearly doing something dumb. if i were you, i would delete your post since behavior like that reflects poorly on both the PA crew and really all of G35Driver.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I'm in Mass, and I got pulled over one time for a "Yellow light violation" as he put it. I drove through a light that was green then traffic stopped and I was stuck under the light for about 10 seconds(directly beneath the light, and in the middle of the intersection). When the traffic started moving again, the officer pulls me over and tells me that I ran a yellow light.

What an *******... what am I supposed to do if the light turns yellow as I'm stuck in traffic at the center of the intersection?.. my car can't levitate over other cars, so you're just stuck there... regadless of what color the light is.

I didn't get a ticket(obviously)... and I think the cop was just looking for a reason to pull me over so he could run my plates(young looking guy in a nice car-syndrome).

That's been my only experience with police in my G35 to date in about 1.5 years of ownership.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Got pulled over once in Washington for not having a front plate. Got off with a warning to get it fixed.

Old 11-17-2005, 04:10 PM
THE BATMOBILE

Florida

2) How many times you have been pulled over in your G35 since getting it?

3) If you have tint (what percent), and or any other mods that would attract law enforcement (aftermarket lighting, aftermarket exhaust, no front plate)

Limo tint. I had blue leds in clear corners, clearence strip, and lisence plate but got pulled over. I have Pro-1 exhaust, no problems yet. I got a warning for my tints, and overlays on front and rear.

4) What are the tickets you have received for being pulled over (detail is fine), and what was the end result of these tickets?

I have 2 speeding tickets, and 1 fix it ticket. I got pulled over doing 110 in a 65 and 61 in a 40. Fought and won them both. Had to pay a lot of money though .

Not sure
6) Any other misc comments you have about experiences with police officers while driving your G35.

Cops are as*holes who take pleasure in busting people. They try and make every situation worse by trying to pin things on you. hate them

Old 11-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by truplay8

Florida

2) How many times you have been pulled over in your G35 since getting it?

3) If you have tint (what percent), and or any other mods that would attract law enforcement (aftermarket lighting, aftermarket exhaust, no front plate)

Limo tint. I had blue leds in clear corners, clearence strip, and lisence plate but got pulled over. I have Pro-1 exhaust, no problems yet. I got a warning for my tints, and overlays on front and rear.

I have 2 speeding tickets, and 1 fix it ticket. I got pulled over doing 110 in a 65 and 61 in a 40. Fought and won them both. Had to pay a lot of money though .

Not sure

Cops are as*holes who take pleasure in busting people. They try and make every situation worse by trying to pin things on you. hate them
Correct me if I am wrong, but do you think the color of the car (black mostly), combined with the tint level has something to do with it? I was always under the assumption that red cars were more likely to be victimized.

Also, I don't truly feel that all cops are aholes. They have jobs, and families to feed just like everyone else. They protect, serve, and on occasion need to meet certain quotas in order to keep their jobs, so guess who has to pay up?, the easier targets.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled Over in the G35: How many times, what mods, fine totals, etc.