G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

WTH...my freaking windows and my cursed G (yes again)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTH...my freaking windows and my cursed G (yes again)

Hey guys, I gotta post this quick. Afterwork just a few minutes ago when I walked to my car I noticed both of windows were rolled down completely. I can swear to myself they were rolled up when I parked this morning. I lock lock all the time of course. Didn't go anywhere for the lunch. Am I missing some info or am I just freaking out? BTW, I also noticed some nice door scuff marks on my driver side door. I def have a cursed G

Old 01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Obsessive Owner
Sorry to hear about that man. Just make sure to roll your windows up from now on and if you go back to your car later and see them down then you will know you have a problem! Another possibility could be someone tampering with the car, although I dont know how they would get both windows down. hmmm

Old 01-04-2006, 09:21 PM
ah ha!

hey, my bf figured out what was up with the windows-it's an automated feature; you press down the unlock button little too long then it will roll down all the windows. It is sad when he doesn't own the car and knows this little things I haven't noticed yet. Well, I am not going to be too stressed out about he door ding-I will wait until I have too many of them on my doors and I will paint half of my front DG so it will be dual body color, or do some serious airbrush art work on body. Then you will know that would be me.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:40 AM
haha! at least you know the G isn't cursed

Old 01-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Grats to your BF... he has succesfully conducted an excorism on your G...

Old 01-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by babylef
hey, my bf figured out what was up with the windows-it's an automated feature; you press down the unlock button little too long then it will roll down all the windows. It is sad when he doesn't own the car and knows this little things I haven't noticed yet. Well, I am not going to be too stressed out about he door ding-I will wait until I have too many of them on my doors and I will paint half of my front DG so it will be dual body color, or do some serious airbrush art work on body. Then you will know that would be me.
so i don't get it? were u sitting on your keys or something? why were the windows down? u need to hold the unlock for a few seconds to get them going and then for a few more to have them fully down. i can't see anyone doing this inadvertantly. sorry... just curious.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:20 AM
def cursed

Originally Posted by sky350GT
haha! at least you know the G isn't cursed
I said my G is cursed one not based on the windows alone, but its sad little history behind; its first owner had it for only 2 months, couldn't afford it, so returned the car to the dealer where he bought ( I think he spelled a cursed on G then...). I had California Highway Patrol/CHP rear end my G and still gave me a speeding ticket. As soon as I get my car back from the shop, I get a stupid parking lot fender bender accident. And yesterday, I thought the windows were fearking out on me and noticed driver side door was scrached. I just can't wait to find what next for my poor G

Old 01-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by babylef
I said my G is cursed one not based on the windows alone, but its sad little history behind; its first owner had it for only 2 months, couldn't afford it, so returned the car to the dealer where he bought ( I think he spelled a cursed on G then...). I had California Highway Patrol/CHP rear end my G and still gave me a speeding ticket. As soon as I get my car back from the shop, I get a stupid parking lot fender bender accident. And yesterday, I thought the windows were fearking out on me and noticed driver side door was scrached. I just can't wait to find what next for my poor G
lol... u need a priest or something. hopefully things will turn around for u in the new year.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Scuff marks on door??? Windows down??? Are you sure someone wasn't trying to steal your car. On Christmas day my friends G35 was broken into. They only found a slight scratch on the door. The cops said the thiefs used some type of magnet and ran it across the door to lower the windows. This is the first time I have heard of it (using a magnet).

To make things worse on new years day I go to get into my G35 and my lock was busted in and the contents of my car turned upside down. It looked like they jammed a crowbar through the door leaving a big hole and destroying the lock. The cops said they were searching the car for the valet key (which some people leave in their glove box) so they could drive away with the car. Using the valet key overrides the alarm system and doesn't activate LoJak. Someone must have spooked them because they only grabbed a few CD's but left a $300 pair of sunglasses and a $350 radar detector.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
so i don't get it? were u sitting on your keys or something? why were the windows down? u need to hold the unlock for a few seconds to get them going and then for a few more to have them fully down. i can't see anyone doing this inadvertantly. sorry... just curious.
Good point.....you have to push and hold the unlock button for like 5 seconds to open the windows completely......
Strange.
C.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by agspin
they only grabbed a few CD's but left a $300 pair of sunglasses and a $350 radar detector.
[/fob accent] Confucius say, "One man treasure is someone else trash"

Old 01-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Who the hell needs a pair of $300 sunglasses??? I hope they were prescription. Actually I don't, then I'd feel bad that thieves had rendered you temporarily visually impaired.