G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hit a Toyota Corolla

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
first step, just wait.

if she starts claming that she wants her rear bumper replaced, then find
out how much and see if it makes sense to use your insurance.

honestly, it's a pos corolla. who the f- cares if there's a little scratch
here and there. give her a slap of reality if she starts being a biatch.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first, relax.
no one was hurt or killed. this is an unbelievably good thing.

now- her car may have damage but if you cant even see it and the impact wasnt hard, it isnt likely to be significant. worst case scenario is under $1k per car. another good thing- realtively speaking that is.

if she sues you for any reason, turn it over to insurance. due to the minimal damage it would be difficult to prove that she's seriously hurt- but either way, your insurance would probably settle it with theirs, so you're still ok.

all in all, i dont think you have much to worry about. even if the accident had involved serious damage, your insurance co would handle it with hers. max you'd be out is your deductable + any rate adjustment. in this case with damage so minor i wouldnt worry about it.

beyond that do what others have said- follow up with her, etc. one word of caution: if you give her any money directly, make sure you record it in a way that would stand up in court. in all probability though, if she asks for money it would probably be best to turn it over to insurance for your own protection.

Old 02-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far its been two days and I havent heard back from the lady. Tomorrow is President's Day and not sure whether she would reach me then.

As I mentioned even the cop was a bit thrown back to not see any damage on our cars. I checked my front bumper in broad day light and saw no grey paint from the Toyota. No dents. So I dont think I am spending any money on my car since I know the bumper is pretty strong and looks in perfect condition.

The cop who was around us that day confirmed that no one was hurt in anyways. He can be my prime witness I believe if there is something way out of context. He did run our licenses through and mentioned his name to us and said that this accident is really very small. He told the woman that he doesnt see any damage and the max she do is use some sort of polisher or something.

But I dont trust the woman. She would not speak to me at all. I was as polite as I could get not blaming her for anything. Lets see what happens. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for posts.