G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Ugh. Infiniti service good/bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Ugh. Infiniti service good/bad

I can't get them for the life of me just do the ecu and tcm update. "There must be a problem 1st" ughy.

I had the climate control go beszerky Sat. All lights go on, ac goes full blast. It stopped but the dealer seems to be aware of the problem is going to fix it despite them not being able to "replicate" it. Take note of that.

I have some side trim end starting to peel and the little black strip at the bottom of one of the doors fail. Both are NOT under warranty. According to the dealer I must have "taken it to the car wash-trim" and "scraped a curb while opening the door-bottom door strip". Geez, how about just taking care of me?

I also complained that the E-brake wasn't holding. "uh sir, to take a look at it, it's gonna be $60". WTF?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
there is some time during the warranty where dealers say that nissan/infiniti dealers charge 60ish dollars just to lookat the car.

If the problem is covered under warranty, the fee is waived.

Get some double sided automtive tape for the door.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the treatment you get at a Nissan dealership....

Hi Jeffy...

Old 06-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Based on my experiences with dealership service centers from Chevy, Honda, Nissan and Infiniti (what a mix right?) I would rate them from best to worst like this:

1. Infiniti
2. Nissan
3. Honda
4. Chevy (a very distant fourth...)

My closest Infiniti dealership was the newest and had the best waiting area, quickest loaner car retrieval and fastest, most competent service I have ever experienced.

The Nissan dealer nearby is where I get the car serviced for non-warranty work and their waiting room is an obvious step down but it's still an actual room with couches, vending machines etc. that didn't look like an afterthought when the dealership was built. The service was also quick and by quality employees. They have wireless internet too.

The Honda dealer was a brand new dealership with decent service but their waiting room was unbelievably bad. I'm talking three half glass walls propped up with boxes waist high all around the entire "room" in the service hallway. Inside they had cheap plastic chairs and a tv older than me.

The Chevy dealerships (2) were both the worst of the bunch, honestly. Even though Honda had a propped up excuse for a room it was at least clean. Both dealerships had tv's older than my PARENTS and the accommodations weren't much greater than the cargo area of a FedEx plane. The service (even minute services) took FOREVER and it was like executing a massacre just to get answers on what they did during servicing.

So you might be wondering why the waiting room even matters... because you are sitting there the whole time the car is being serviced! Anyway, the point to all of the above is to state that Nissan/Infiniti dealerships (here anyway) are a cut above the rest. It's probably one of the biggest reasons for my happiness with the brand after the issues I had/have with my car.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
BTW. I still think my 05 auto loaner has gobs more power. Or maybe my early 03 is down on power?

Old 06-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by JGFox
Based on my experiences with dealership service centers from Chevy, Honda, Nissan and Infiniti (what a mix right?) I would rate them from best to worst like this:

1. Infiniti
2. Nissan
3. Honda
4. Chevy (a very distant fourth...)

My closest Infiniti dealership was the newest and had the best waiting area, quickest loaner car retrieval and fastest, most competent service I have ever experienced.

The Nissan dealer nearby is where I get the car serviced for non-warranty work and their waiting room is an obvious step down but it's still an actual room with couches, vending machines etc. that didn't look like an afterthought when the dealership was built. The service was also quick and by quality employees. They have wireless internet too.

The Honda dealer was a brand new dealership with decent service but their waiting room was unbelievably bad. I'm talking three half glass walls propped up with boxes waist high all around the entire "room" in the service hallway. Inside they had cheap plastic chairs and a tv older than me.

The Chevy dealerships (2) were both the worst of the bunch, honestly. Even though Honda had a propped up excuse for a room it was at least clean. Both dealerships had tv's older than my PARENTS and the accommodations weren't much greater than the cargo area of a FedEx plane. The service (even minute services) took FOREVER and it was like executing a massacre just to get answers on what they did during servicing.

So you might be wondering why the waiting room even matters... because you are sitting there the whole time the car is being serviced! Anyway, the point to all of the above is to state that Nissan/Infiniti dealerships (here anyway) are a cut above the rest. It's probably one of the biggest reasons for my happiness with the brand after the issues I had/have with my car.

1. Lexus
2. Acura
3. Toyota
4. Honda
5. Infiniti.
6. GMC
7. Ford

As you can see I have had a lot of cars. Infiniti has been the worst Import I have had so far.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:19 PM
^^^ there is no denying that Lexus is by the best dealer to work with maybe because there cars are so reliable you don't ever have to worry about taking it in.

before the Lex i had an e46 bmw and i can tell you that they have horrible customer support not to mention about a 1300 $ spent on small pesky problems.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by BoostedIS300
^^^ there is no denying that Lexus is by the best dealer to work with maybe because there cars are so reliable you don't ever have to worry about taking it in.

before the Lex i had an e46 bmw and i can tell you that they have horrible customer support not to mention about a 1300 $ spent on small pesky problems.
That's good to know considering I was going to trade my G in for a BMW in the fall. Time to do some dealer research!