G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Bad tint job...anyone know good tinter in NY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad tint job...anyone know good tinter in NY?

So here's my problem. I had the windows tinted in my '06G35x at a local place that I've used for about 4 or 5 other cars and never had a problem. They did an excellent job on all my G windows, except for the rear quarter windows in the rear doors. The place uses computer cut tint but somehow there was a gap between the edge of the tint and the black part of the window (i.e. tint was cut too short or not installed right). Of course I only noticed this because I have OCD like everyone else on this site.

I go back there and have them re-do the tint on the rear quarters. I pick it up last night and everything looked fine. When I look this morning, I see a few razor cuts in the rubber trim around the rear quarter windows. Even worse, the tint on one of the windows was messed up again, only in a different spot and worse then before. I'm pissed, they definitely butchered it this time.

I'm going back tomorrow but I don't even know if I want this place touching my car anymore. Does anyone know a good place in Westchester NY? Also, how can I remove the rubber trim around the windows (thinking about making the shop pay for it, or for my own sanity I will buy myself).

Anyways, sorry for the long post, any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. It sucks when you trust your car to someone and the *uck it up. I'm not sure how to take off the trim but I would at least get them to pay for it.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Out of many - one people
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used Dedona Enterprises on Yonkers avenue. Here is their website. Great people to work with.

Last edited by rupdog326; 11-03-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:25 AM
You go back and get them to give you the money back for the rear windows. Don't settle just let them know you have high regard for your **** and you want it perfect for the money. If you do have them do it again watch them do it have them do it the old way by cutting the tint themselves instead of a the computer cut. Also point out to the owner that they cut your rubber trim any good business man will take care of you cause he knows the power of the word of mouth. It they don't handle it satisfactory post up there name so other people in the future know not to go there. A lot of people do searches to find out the best place to go so if you post it up people will know to stay away.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
if you live in NY/NJ/PA area, go to "James Tint" (a quick search will get you plenty of results.) or http://www.jamestint.com/

He offers a great discount for people on the G35driver. His shop does detailing, clear bra, PDR and tint. He installs HuperOptiks for VERY cheap. Def the best deal in the area

takes me 1/2 hour to get there, but well worth it. here are some pics of my hupers 30's and 40. He will do a great job, and if he doesnt, he will replace anything no questions asked.

Last edited by Neal376; 11-06-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:44 AM
garanteed alarms does a good job if ur in brooklyn,

Old 11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
JAMES TINT in middletown! End of discussion!

Call James and set an appointment. There is a cheesy movie theater next door to klill time! It should only take you about 45 minutes tops to get there! I drive there from LI as it is well worth the trip as Neal mentioned!

Old 11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
JAMES TINT in middletown! End of discussion!

Call James and set an appointment. There is a cheesy movie theater next door to klill time! It should only take you about 45 minutes tops to get there! I drive there from LI as it is well worth the trip as Neal mentioned!

yea, drop the car off and watch a movie. Pretty easy experiance. No one has a better price for Huper Optiks.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all the input guys...I wish I had asked earlier and found out about this James tint place everyone is raving about.

I went back to the place I got my windows done and I talked to the owner. I pointed out what was wrong and he has no problem re-tinting the back quarter windows. Apparently he was out of town when I got my windows done, I wonder if this has something to do with the shoddy tint job...

Do you think I should make them replace the rubber molding or is it not worth it? The cut is really small in it and I'm thinking I'm better off just putting a bit of glue on it and not messing with taking my door apart.