G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

"set" cel light.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I put maybe 15 miles on the car since I picked it back up. I drove a mile or two this morning on the way to work and the SET light started blinking again. I drove it right to the dealership, left the car running and let them know that the issue was still not fixed. They hooked up their computer to the OBDII port and read the code, which was the same as its been throughout this issue, which apparently is not telling them anything.

They said they would be in contact with Infiniti about the issue, and would then contact me regarding plans moving forward.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok mine just did it again today so I also drove it to the dealer and showed them what it was doing and it took them an hour to tell me they dont know what it is doing so they said that they are ordering an ecu for it but my service writer is going to go deeper in to it and talk to his buddy who is part of the engineering dept to see what is going on Im going back on wed so I will let you know what they found out cause this needs to get fixed

Old 09-20-2007, 11:10 PM
I had similar issue due to moisture and also due to using cruise control then going into manual mode. Each time, I shut down the car 20 - 30 min later it goes away.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by k_hojnacki
I had similar issue due to moisture and also due to using cruise control then going into manual mode. Each time, I shut down the car 20 - 30 min later it goes away.
My car is a 6MT, so its always in 'manual mode' - But I'm interested to hear what you did to resolve the moisture problem? I can't seem to pinpoint ANY common factor to when it comes on. I drove about 2 miles yesterday and it came on, I've driven for 3 weeks before without it coming on.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:34 AM
In my case, the moisture issue revolves around the seal where the wire look goes into the passanger side compartment. Look to make sure that it is actually comletely attatched (rubber cap). Secondly, If you have run any additional grounding wires, hot wires , Etc, make sure that they are caucked (sp?) well where you created holes to run your wires through. I would suspect that if you haven't run anything through the rubber cap then it most likely did not seat well or popped up some and that is where your moisture is comming from. If you pull the passanger panels and under side of the glove box out you can see the ECU and see that the water can run right down the wire loom directly to the ECU. Thats where my issue was. I sealed it up and no longer have any issues (knock on wood). GL

Originally Posted by Jellysick
My car is a 6MT, so its always in 'manual mode' - But I'm interested to hear what you did to resolve the moisture problem? I can't seem to pinpoint ANY common factor to when it comes on. I drove about 2 miles yesterday and it came on, I've driven for 3 weeks before without it coming on.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Well I doubt I have a moisture problem as I have not installed any aftermarket stereo equipment at all - therefore have not run any extra power wires through the firewall. All of that is completely stock from the factory. I guess I can't completely rule out a moisture problem, but I would think that since the dealership has been in there twice now to replace ECU modules, that they would have noticed any moisture damage or problems.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Alright, well I went on vacation for 2 weeks and I dropped the car off at the dealership before I left to let them have at it. I picked up the car when I got back into town. The tech said they were instructed (by Infiniti) to take a look at the wiring harness that the gauge cluster plugs into (or that plugs into the gauge cluster, not sure which way it goes). He said that one of the connections was bad. I guess they cleaned the connection and possible put in a new connection. So far so good, only maybe 50 miles on it so far though.

I'm assuming the connection they are referring to is part of the dash that is NOT part of the gauge cluster. Since they replaced the gauge cluster and the problem remained, the part they are referring to has to be separate from the gauge cluster.

I'll report back if it comes back on.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Let me know if you ever found a fix for this. My set light is starting to blink when I turn on the Cruise Control. Cruise not working at all now. Driving me nuts.....

Thanks

Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Same problem for me cropped up yesterday, been driving quite a bit in the north east during/after this huge snow storm, and on the way home mine started acting up. As soon as I turn cruise on, the set light starts blinking. I am thinking moisture is a likely cause, with all of the ice and snow getting thrown up by the tires. I also had the tires replaced a week ago as well, not sure if that might tie into it as well. Any additional advice would be appreciated. I am out of warranty and don't want to get murdered by the dealership service department.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by soybot
Same problem for me cropped up yesterday, been driving quite a bit in the north east during/after this huge snow storm, and on the way home mine started acting up. As soon as I turn cruise on, the set light starts blinking. I am thinking moisture is a likely cause, with all of the ice and snow getting thrown up by the tires. I also had the tires replaced a week ago as well, not sure if that might tie into it as well. Any additional advice would be appreciated. I am out of warranty and don't want to get murdered by the dealership service department.

I solved my issue with some simple tools. Get under the plastic covering the battery and take a rag and wipe clean. Then blow dry the wire harness area, and all around it dry for a good amount of time. Take 100% silicone and seal around the big group of wires and the pass air filter cracks. Anywhere you believe water is getting in. After a few days of driving and using heat on the floor, it will dry out and go back to normal....

Old 01-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Great Call RDUB!!! My wife went through an automatic car wash the day after you posted that, and the car went totally haywire. I pulled the panel under the glove box and the padding was damp. I put a hair dryer on low in there blowing on the ecu for about an hour, and sealed up the rubber boot that is supposed to seal the wiring harness, now the car works fine. I waited a couple of weeks to post to make sure it didn't return. The first weekend it happened was the first time that car had been parked outside for an extended period of ice and snow. The expansion/contraction of the ice must have broken the seal on that rubber boot. Thanks!!!!