G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

"set" cel light.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"set" cel light.

saw this green "set" light kept blinking a few days ago when driving normally on the streets.......what does that mean? i've seen "check engine light" blinked before, but knever this s.e.t,
it doesn't blink nor stay on now.....anyone know what it means?

Old 01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That's the cruise control light lol.

SET = Cruise set switch indicator light

Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Mine was flashing the other day too. Check your ecu to see if there is any moisture down there. I had some water that had leaked down onto mine from the harness.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:19 PM
ah, cruise control...got it.........just hadn't had the chance to use cruise control in so-cal traffic......

will def look for moisture near ecu area........

thanks fellas....

Old 01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Grocery getter

Mine only did it that one day a week ago. No problems since.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 PM
I just had this happen today twice. The first time I had it happen, I pulled over and shut the car off. Turned it back on and it immediately started again. Got to where I was going, car sat off for 30 minutes. Turned it back on and the "set" light blinking was off. A few hours later on another set of errands, it started again.

The manual says that theres a malfunction with the cruise control portion. When the "set" light isn't blinking, cruise works fine...

I have a appt. to take it into the dealer, but does anyone have any experience with this? Any clue as to what could cause this?

Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Grocery getter

My problem was because my UTEC (which feeds the stock ECU) had gotten wet. After I solved that issue the problem never came back. I doubt your problem is the same.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Happening to me and I can't figure it out.
Since this was a while ago, what did the dealer say?

Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Buck
Happening to me and I can't figure it out.
Since this was a while ago, what did the dealer say?
Well after the first incident, the dealer said I needed a new ECU. It took them a REALLY long time to get the new computer in, after which they told me they left me a voice mail that I apparently 'never got'. B.S...

Anyways, everything was good to go for only a short time, after which the set light started blinking again. After I called and spoke to them again, he said he wanted me to bring it in to have them read the code while it was happening. Well seeing as how inconvenient that was, it took a really long time before I was able to swing by for them to read the code.

Lucky for me, last week I was able to go by the dealership while the set light was on. I left the car on and ran inside. A mechanic came out with me with a computer to pull the codes. After he poked around for a bit, he printed off the code and cleared blinking light on my dash. He said that the code indicated that I needed yet ANOTHER new ECU. I currently have an appointment for this thursday morning at which time they should be putting in the new computer. I really have no idea why this will be the 3rd ECU in the car, and what exactly is wrong with the other 2. To me, it almost seems like a sensor is bad which would be throwing the code - but hey, they're the mechanics, not me!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow, the ECU seems a bit extreme but what do I know?

I tried to take the car in on Friday when it was happening but the dealer was too busy for even a mechanic to come out with a computer and read a code. That is another issue by itself.

The car went in on Monday for the cruise problem, the usual squeaks from the dash and console and the seats not heating to the same temperature.
For the cruise they have ordered a new switch. Which switch? I'm not sure because I didn't pick it up, my wife did. Anyway, it will be about a month before it is installed, it is coming from Japan and then I'm away for two weeks.
I will post if that fixes the problem or not. It is just an anonyance and I am getting close to my warranty period...

Thanks for the reply I will let everyone know what happens with my new switch.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Well I finally picked up my car on Tuesday. The Dealership had it for about 10 days! To make a long story short, Infiniti wouldn't let them put in ANOTHER new ECU, since its already been replaced once. I told them that I just need it fixed, regardless of what it takes.
2 different mechanics drove it home on 2 different nights trying to reproduce the problem. When they could reproduce it, they couldn't pull any codes that helped them determine the problem. I guess they ended up calling Infiniti and asking them what they wanted to do with it. The final solution was to replace the gauge cluster (maybe a short in there or something???). Anyways, thats what was done. I had them perform a TSB on the drivers windows while it was in there as it was squeeking and rattling quite a bit.

I drove it for probably 60 miles since I've had it. No problems so far. Then again, I could go for 3 weeks without a problem, then it would come up 4 times within 2 days. If anything more happens, I'll try to post back here. I'm REALLY hoping this took care of it though.

Props to my dealership for working so well with me though. They didn't seem to d!ck around with me at all, and seem to be quite honest! (Bommarito Infiniti in St. Louis, MO).

Old 09-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Well I've put roughly 80 miles on my car since I've picked it up from the dealership. I started it up this morning and after driving about 6 miles, the "SET" light started blinking again. Looks like the gauge cluster did not fix it, its got to be a sensor of some sort...
I'll be calling the service dept. again tomorrow.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:04 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
man that sucks sorry to hear that it does sound like a sensor

Old 09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey jellysick when this happenes does your car backfire when ever you give it gas or on decel cause my set light has been doing it and then it is backfiring almost like it went in to a safe mode I have taken it to the dealer many of times and they keep telling me there is nothing wrong with the car but in fact there is. keep us informed what the outcome is thanks

Old 09-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by cwhealon78
hey jellysick when this happenes does your car backfire when ever you give it gas or on decel cause my set light has been doing it and then it is backfiring almost like it went in to a safe mode I have taken it to the dealer many of times and they keep telling me there is nothing wrong with the car but in fact there is. keep us informed what the outcome is thanks
The car never backfires. In fact, it has always driven perfect. No strange engine sounds, nothing. The ONLY thing that happens when this SET light blinks is that the cruise will not work until the light is cleared (sometimes just turning the car off and back on will do it, other times it has to sit for a period while off).

I got the car back from the dealer yesterday, AGAIN. They replaced the ECM again, but according the the service guys, there are multiple modules that make up the ECM. He said that he thinks that the part that infiniti sent them was a different module that what was already replaced a few months back. I dont know how true or untrue this is (about the different modules that make up the whole computer), so I just took his word for it and will see what happens.

My warranty expires in a couple of weeks, but I think theres been enough work on this issue for them to continue to troubleshoot should this last visit to the dealership turn out that the issue has not yet been fixed.

Wish me luck...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "set" cel light.