G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 vs. Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Back to the topic...

"Please show me where my delusion is.. everything I've said is either a fact, or my personal opinion. I haven't lied, and I haven't flat out said that the G35 is better than the Mustang. When I went shopping for my new performance-luxury sports sedan (not sports car/coupe), I looked at the entire field.. including the Cadillac CTS and Lincoln LS. Did I mention my wife drives a Jeep? There you go.. an import and a domestic, parked side by side every night, together. And don't worry about me trying to "speard" my thoughts.. since Merriam-Webster doesn't even know what that means. "

Your delusion is that you refuse to believe that a OHV V6 3.8 liter will make more power than our cars. I've seen some bad *** L67s. A pulley is all it takes to increase boost on Eaton powered cars.. They'd blow by our Gs... Sure they make less power than our Gs stock. But most of them bought with performance in mind dont stay stock.. And its very cheap to make them faster than our Gs...

I find it hard to argue with your post because there really is no valid argument.. You said it yourself "I haven't lied, and I haven't flat out said that the G35 is better than the Mustang."

Your whole post was completely pointless. In my eyes, you've said absolutely nothing. Its very sad when you have to resort to being a spell checker to give your word some worth.

and for the last time.. I drive a Cobra. not a GT. I hope you also happen to notice that I drive a G35..Who do you think can make a better comparison?

2003 Mustang Cobra
2003 G35 Sedan

Old 02-10-2003, 04:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry, you have a Cobra, not a GT, which does add some of the extra luxury goodies to the package. And I'm quite sure you're more qualified to compare the two head to head, since you have them both. However, the initial topic was about a GT specifically. Anything Ford puts the letters SVT on steps up into a different league. The Cobra is definately a better performing car than the G35.

I don't refuse to believe that GM's 3.8 engine can make more power than our cars, but I do refuse to believe that it can do it on equal footing.. NA v. NA or FI v. FI. At least not yet. You make a bigger engine with more cylinders and/or superchargers, and you get better performance. This is always a good thing. My whole point is that, on the whole, import engines provide more bang for their size from the factory than domestic engines.

As for the whole spelling thing.. well, someone was getting a little worked up and resorting to character debates instead of sticking to the issues at hand. I get a little snippy when others get rude. I apologize if I stepped out of bounds there.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 02-10-2003, 10:20 AM

I said the stock mustang NOT the stock mustang GT or the Cobra. And please like it was said before the mustang looks like a block with an engine.

Personally I think this whole thread is getting ridiculous and should be locked down. Obviously no one is going to convince anyone else of anything and this is going to get to 150 posts with everyone just getting more upset and will result in name calling sooner or later.

Red/Canadian<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by EdRedS on 02/10/03 07:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-10-2003, 11:45 AM

"I don't refuse to believe that GM's 3.8 engine can make more power than our cars, but I do refuse to believe that it can do it on equal footing.. NA v. NA or FI v. FI. At least not yet. You make a bigger engine with more cylinders and/or superchargers, and you get better performance. This is always a good thing. My whole point is that, on the whole, import engines provide more bang for their size from the factory than domestic engines."

Who cares if the import engine has a better horsepower per liter rating? In the end, that's nothing but a bragging right for those obsessed with status, and not actually going fast. You see, low displacement high compression import motors just don't have the potential that most domestic motors do. Put 4000 in my Subaru and then put 4000 in my LS1, the LS1 is going to come out on top by a large margin. Granted, a Supra can put down 800whp easily, but they lose respect when they run 12.5 @ 135mph with 2.3x 60' times.

Equal footing? If you want to talk about equal footing, compare the G35 to a car more in its price range instead of a Mustang GT.

2002 Impreza WRX, 13.86@96.8, $0 Mods

2002 Firebird T/A, 13.2 @ 108, I/E

Old 02-10-2003, 12:09 PM

Who cares if the import engine has a better horsepower per liter rating? I care. Others care. You say you don't care, but that's the only argument you have against my point. I think it also provides a better balance for those that only have one do-it-all car instead of a racer and a daily driver.

Put all the money you want into your cars. Once you move from a drag strip to a road course, I think you'll see the tide turn drastically. If straight-line racing is your thing, then you definately want as big an engine with as many cylinders as you can get.

So, the original question has been answered... I think we can all agree that a Mustang GT can take a G35 in a stop-light race.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:42 PM

Please remember that the comparison has been done the other way many times regardless of price....the 330i, even the M3, some guy even compared his E46 AMG to the G. Cost doesn't seem to matter to most ppl when comparing cars.

Red/Canadian

Old 02-10-2003, 01:20 PM

That would be E55 slick.. they never made a E46.. but they did make a C43.. and a C36.. and a C32. but.. yeah thats it..

Anyways. The HP/liter crap is exactly what neon said.. a status bragging right.. Like I said.. I'd rather get hp to dollar, not hp per liter per dollar.. having higher hp per liter isn't going to make it faster. In fact.. its going to make it a bad platform to build on. Did you know that a dinan chip for BMWs only results in a 5hp gain? The factory has done all the tuning for you..

This is getting very pointless. HP/Liter will not make a car go faster and does not make it a better car..

Like I said.. under your reasoning.. the SVT Focus has a more refined engine than the G

2003 Mustang Cobra
2003 G35 Sedan

Old 02-10-2003, 01:38 PM

will there ever be peace between the foreign and domestic crowds?

i've owned both.. the foreign cars seem to be more efficient and refined, but lack the sheer muscle power of the domestics. the domestics tend to just have more mechanical problems.. those were my observations, but each individual car is different whether it's foreign or domestic... as well as make, model, and year.. so it's hard to make true comparison, ceterus paribus..

either way, i don't think there will ever be a solid resolution to this debate, especially with globalization blurring the line between what's really domestic and what's really foreign.. i.e. ford and it's many subsidiaries.. i know it's a hotly discussed issue, but i think it can be done while stilling keeping our cool.. right, guys? there isn't one person out there that knows absolutely EVERYTHING.. but we can learn little things here and there from one another..

let's just not resort to name calling or questioning ppl's characters or intellect..

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 02-10-2003, 02:15 PM

Sorry that was my bad it was the E46 M3 and please be mature enough to not use name calling...this is not grade school.

Red/Canadian

Old 02-10-2003, 02:16 PM

No, you can't just chip an import engine these days. The factory has kindly built that in from the start. There's nothing wrong with the factory doing the tuning for you. The HP/liter is only crap in your mind, as that's more of an opinion than a fact. While it won't make a faster car going up against enough extra liters, it does make for a powerful, lighter weight engine, which is not a bad platform for a car. The SVT Focus does have a high HP/liter engine, similar to the Civic Si. It's an impressive engine (though in an ugly body, IMO). But we are talking about 2.0L I4's here, and at that point there's too little low-end torque for my tastes. If your Cobra had that high an HP/liter rating, it'd be making it's rated 390HP w/o the aid of that supercharger, and even more with. Wouldn't that be impressive?

I don't think we're getting to be pointless.. we blew by that mile marker many posts ago.

Old 02-10-2003, 03:06 PM

No it would not be impressive. It would be boring. It would give you no head room to grow. This can be achieved on N/A cobras.. There are many out there pushing 400+ BHP..

I just dont perfer to go that route. Low compression, forced induction. I like that.

and check dinans website.. they have chips..

I raced an Audi S4 that was chipped. Great car.. again, forced induction. Makes less power than our Gs stock (250bhp i believe) out of a 2.7 liter v6 with twin turbos. Does that make it less of a car? Absolutely not.

What im saying - 390BHP could be obtained on a NA cobra, but there are certain tradeoffs. You couldn't just slap a blower on it and expect it to be more powerful than a 03 cobra.

You know what was impressive? When my cobra made 432HP AND 419TQ right off the show room floor.

2003 Mustang Cobra
2003 G35 Sedan

Old 02-10-2003, 03:21 PM

"I care. Others care. You say you don't care, but that's the only argument you have against my point. I think it also provides a better balance for those that only have one do-it-all car instead of a racer and a daily driver. "

Okay, think that way if you'd like...it really doesn't matter.

"Put all the money you want into your cars. Once you move from a drag strip to a road course, I think you'll see the tide turn drastically. If straight-line racing is your thing, then you definately want as big an engine with as many cylinders as you can get. "
Haha are you kidding me? My T/A outhandles my WRX IN EVERY ASPECT. Okay, throw them in the mud and the WRX will win. You have to understand, a RWD car with the engine pushed back so the T/A is ALMOST CONSIDERED A MID ENGINE CAR. Contrary to what you believe, RWD V8's handle very well. You need to do some research buddy. Start with my friend Chuck's website, http://chuckb.1le.net/.

2002 Impreza WRX, 13.86@96.8, $0 Mods

2002 Firebird T/A, 13.2 @ 108, I/E

Old 02-10-2003, 03:25 PM

A GT will not outhandle a coupe

<-former mustang owner

www.ironpumping.com
^^Bodybuilding Made Simple

Old 02-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had a request to lock down this thread. It's going nowhere (has gone?) and is becoming an unhinged debate. Please wrap it up in the next few posts without ugliness or bring it back on track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs. Mustang GT