G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I removed my evap. Just go under there and unbolt it and unplug everything. Reroute the vent hoses so they are no venting at the exhaust. Its pretty easy to do.

The following users liked this post:
drifterxG (08-24-2015)
Old 07-28-2016, 08:33 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Wish Cattman made 3" exhaust for the G35 sedan like he made for the 5.5 gen Maximas, decent sound and a few dynos showed 18-20 hp gains over the stock exhaust but I do believe the car dynoed were modded at least somewhat. Don't believe he's even in business anymore.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
I finished my airflow plans. I'm now running:

stock air filter
Stillen Z tube
Skunk 5/8" plenum spacer
stock exh manifolds
high-flow cats (I forget what brand)
stock DE Y
stock 06 coupe mid
Magnaflow 14815 muffler

This is on an '04 6MT sedan

The Magnaflow was the last piece I installed and I find it slightly too loud for my tastes. I will probably get used to it. But if you want a quiet ride you may want to look at other muffler options. My trunk and door panels all have two layers of DynaMat so this exhaust combo will be even louder to the occumants of a car with no additional sound-deadening.

There's no "drone". It's actually a really nice rich tone, but it's just ...loud.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:00 AM
6 speed G35 sedan
Okay, I've had my Tanabe Medallion exhaust for a couple weeks. Sounds good at start up and full throttle but part throttle...its too loud. And drone starts creeping in at around 75-80 and since once I get west of the Dallas area, the speed jumps to 75, then 80, that's just not going to do.

Probably going to have a muffler shop near me add a larger resonator first, see if that knocks the edge off it. Worst comes to worst, I'll change the muffler to a turbo style. Hope just a resonator is enough. It's a well made exhaust but it isn't as quiet as I'd expected it to be. Anyone else run into something like this?

Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres a video of my last Seafoam.

Its completely stock for the most part aside from the Injen Cold Air Intake, which I plan to remove and just go back to stock with a Z-Tube since I hate freaking out every time it rains.

After driving for a year with a coupe mid pipe no muffler I decided to do things right and got a custom Black Widow exhaust done. I didn't want to be like everyone else just get a Motordyne.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:01 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Zer0_KooL

After driving for a year with a coupe mid pipe no muffler I decided to do things right and got a custom Black Widow exhaust done. I didn't want to be like everyone else just get a Motordyne.
Buwahahahaha you have a lot to learn about sedan exhausts. You couldn't get a MD VQ exhaust if you tried as hard as you could. The "everyone else" you refer to is a select group of 22 people who were lucky enough to scoop up the exhausts when they were available and there's a better chance of having hell freeze over than there is of having one of us sell them. Sadly Tony offered another run a few years after his first batch sold and there wasn't enough interest on here for him to make more. One of the first signs I saw of FPFQ hitting this forum. Sad really, it sounds better than any sedan exhaust out there IMHO, it makes significant gains by itself and it was crafted through 100's of hours of R&D by a rocket scientist who's a big contributor to this forum. Not to mention it's freaking gorgeous.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Full exhaust

I've looked thru the options but I just need to make sure. I have 06 sedan no rev up and was thinking of getting the MD art pipes and finishing with the Tanabe medallion single tip. What would I need in the middle to complete the system. Also is the MD art pipes a good decision or best for turbo set ups?

Old 03-22-2017, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
It sounds better than any sedan exhaust out there IMHO, it makes significant gains by itself and it was crafted through 100's of hours of R&D by a rocket scientist who's a big contributor to this forum. Not to mention it's freaking gorgeous.
Yeah, but I'm not a fan of the fart can look at all. Met a guy with a Motordyne Harakiri on his sedan and I thought it looked ricey as hell. Since owning the sedan all anyone ever tells me is "just get a Motordyne", and it seems to be the ONLY exhaust G owners are interested in; and I like to be different so I never looked into them. Crazy to think there are only 22. But I'm really happy with my exhaust.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Read Tony's white paper on his website to get more info ^

Old 03-22-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Zer0_KooL
Yeah, but I'm not a fan of the fart can look at all. Met a guy with a Motordyne Harakiri on his sedan and I thought it looked ricey as hell. Since owning the sedan all anyone ever tells me is "just get a Motordyne", and it seems to be the ONLY exhaust G owners are interested in; and I like to be different so I never looked into them. Crazy to think there are only 22. But I'm really happy with my exhaust.
The Harikari was the super loud, annoying MD sedan exhaust IMHO. I totally agree with the fart can analogy because it looks like a shiny one. The VQ was modeled after the stock sedan muffler and has a totally different tone. VQ stands for "Very Quiet" (it's really not), not associated with our motors in any way (which is a common and understandable assumption). I hope the sedan guys you're talking to are referring to the VQ because it's magic in performance, looks and tone. Here are a couple pictures of mine, mind you this is the prototype and was used for all of Tony's R&D so it's MIG welded not Tig and the production models were more gorgeous than mine. If you ever get a chance to hear one don't miss it, there's not another sedan exhaust out there that sounds like these.

Name:  DSC_1256copy.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  163.3 KB

Name:  DSC_1243copy.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  77.8 KB

Zer0_KooL (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
The Harikari was the super loud, annoying MD sedan exhaust IMHO. I totally agree with the fart can analogy because it looks like a shiny one. The VQ was modeled after the stock sedan muffler and has a totally different tone. VQ stands for "Very Quiet" (it's really not), not associated with our motors in any way (which is a common and understandable assumption). I hope the sedan guys you're talking to are referring to the VQ because it's magic in performance, looks and tone. Here are a couple pictures of mine, mind you this is the prototype and was used for all of Tony's R&D so it's MIG welded not Tig and the production models were more gorgeous than mine. If you ever get a chance to hear one don't miss it, there's not another sedan exhaust out there that sounds like these.

Vey, very nice! You cleared up my confusion over the VQ exhaust, not a single person I know has addressed it as the "Very Quiet". It's definitely the cleanest looking one without a doubt. I almost certain that when everyone tells to get a MD they're talking about the Harikari, most kids in SD love loud annoying obnoxious exhausts. The Agency Power exhaust also seems to be a lot of guy's grail exhausts too for some reason.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:57 PM
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by Ednica87
I've looked thru the options but I just need to make sure. I have 06 sedan no rev up and was thinking of getting the MD art pipes and finishing with the Tanabe medallion single tip. What would I need in the middle to complete the system. Also is the MD art pipes a good decision or best for turbo set ups?
I have the Tanabe Medallion and a Beluga Racing Y-pipe. Expect some minor drone at tip in at freeway speeds with the Tanabe but most people would consider it a pretty quiet exhaust. The Beluga Y-pipe seems very well made, was reasonably priced too. Also looking into the Art Pipes to complete the exhaust work.

Just FYI, the Tanabe definitely has a fart can look, ended up blacking out the muffler itself to kind of hide how large the canister is. Otherwise appears to be very well made.

Name:  IMG_20170213_165903_zps1nwgons3.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  786.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20170213_170052_zpsyigd8pdu.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  977.8 KB

Old 05-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Full Stainless catback

kinda a home made Catback
Manzo Racing HR Y pipe 2.5'' mid with a Vibrant Performance Resonator and a HKS Muffler
full price after shipping,exchange on some parts and install was around the $1200..

hope i dont get in trouble but heres a link if u would like to here what it sounds like.

ahabkirk (07-18-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 05:35 AM

Sounds great, deep and smooth with no rasp that I can hear. It has a very similar tone to the Motordyne VQ but hard to really tell from a video. Any drone during driving?

Old 05-23-2017, 11:09 AM
6 speed G35 sedan
FWIW, the Circuit Werks resonated Y-pipe I replace the Beluga one I had greatly reduced tip in drone and made the exhaust sound deeper overall.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation