Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation - Page 80 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member



Aftermarket Sedan Exhaust Compilation

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #1186  
Old 08-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 571
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
I removed my evap. Just go under there and unbolt it and unplug everything. Reroute the vent hoses so they are no venting at the exhaust. Its pretty easy to do.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sh0rtys463 For This Useful Post:
drifterxG (08-24-2015)
  #1187  
Old 07-28-2016, 08:33 PM
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 422
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Wish Cattman made 3" exhaust for the G35 sedan like he made for the 5.5 gen Maximas, decent sound and a few dynos showed 18-20 hp gains over the stock exhaust but I do believe the car dynoed were modded at least somewhat. Don't believe he's even in business anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old 10-13-2016, 09:40 PM
TheIronYuppy's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 337
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
I finished my airflow plans. I'm now running:

stock air filter
Stillen Z tube
Skunk 5/8" plenum spacer
stock exh manifolds
high-flow cats (I forget what brand)
stock DE Y
stock 06 coupe mid
Magnaflow 14815 muffler

This is on an '04 6MT sedan

The Magnaflow was the last piece I installed and I find it slightly too loud for my tastes. I will probably get used to it. But if you want a quiet ride you may want to look at other muffler options. My trunk and door panels all have two layers of DynaMat so this exhaust combo will be even louder to the occumants of a car with no additional sound-deadening.

There's no "drone". It's actually a really nice rich tone, but it's just ...loud.
Reply With Quote
  #1189  
Old 02-01-2017, 02:00 AM
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 422
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Okay, I've had my Tanabe Medallion exhaust for a couple weeks. Sounds good at start up and full throttle but part throttle...its too loud. And drone starts creeping in at around 75-80 and since once I get west of the Dallas area, the speed jumps to 75, then 80, that's just not going to do.

Probably going to have a muffler shop near me add a larger resonator first, see if that knocks the edge off it. Worst comes to worst, I'll change the muffler to a turbo style. Hope just a resonator is enough. It's a well made exhaust but it isn't as quiet as I'd expected it to be. Anyone else run into something like this?
Reply With Quote
  #1190  
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Zer0_KooL's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heres a video of my last Seafoam.

Its completely stock for the most part aside from the Injen Cold Air Intake, which I plan to remove and just go back to stock with a Z-Tube since I hate freaking out every time it rains.

After driving for a year with a coupe mid pipe no muffler I decided to do things right and got a custom Black Widow exhaust done. I didn't want to be like everyone else just get a Motordyne.

Reply With Quote
  #1191  
Old 03-21-2017, 02:01 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,061
Thanked 1,172 Times in 942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0_KooL View Post

After driving for a year with a coupe mid pipe no muffler I decided to do things right and got a custom Black Widow exhaust done. I didn't want to be like everyone else just get a Motordyne.
Buwahahahaha you have a lot to learn about sedan exhausts. You couldn't get a MD VQ exhaust if you tried as hard as you could. The "everyone else" you refer to is a select group of 22 people who were lucky enough to scoop up the exhausts when they were available and there's a better chance of having hell freeze over than there is of having one of us sell them. Sadly Tony offered another run a few years after his first batch sold and there wasn't enough interest on here for him to make more. One of the first signs I saw of FPFQ hitting this forum. Sad really, it sounds better than any sedan exhaust out there IMHO, it makes significant gains by itself and it was crafted through 100's of hours of R&D by a rocket scientist who's a big contributor to this forum. Not to mention it's freaking gorgeous.
Reply With Quote
  #1192  
Old 03-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 110
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Full exhaust

I've looked thru the options but I just need to make sure. I have 06 sedan no rev up and was thinking of getting the MD art pipes and finishing with the Tanabe medallion single tip. What would I need in the middle to complete the system. Also is the MD art pipes a good decision or best for turbo set ups?
Reply With Quote
  #1193  
Old 03-22-2017, 02:04 PM
Zer0_KooL's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
It sounds better than any sedan exhaust out there IMHO, it makes significant gains by itself and it was crafted through 100's of hours of R&D by a rocket scientist who's a big contributor to this forum. Not to mention it's freaking gorgeous.
Yeah, but I'm not a fan of the fart can look at all. Met a guy with a Motordyne Harakiri on his sedan and I thought it looked ricey as hell. Since owning the sedan all anyone ever tells me is "just get a Motordyne", and it seems to be the ONLY exhaust G owners are interested in; and I like to be different so I never looked into them. Crazy to think there are only 22. But I'm really happy with my exhaust.
Reply With Quote
  #1194  
Old 03-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Urbanengineer's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pig Town, OHIO
Posts: 7,518
Thanked 584 Times in 551 Posts
Read Tony's white paper on his website to get more info ^
Reply With Quote
  #1195  
Old 03-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,061
Thanked 1,172 Times in 942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0_KooL View Post
Yeah, but I'm not a fan of the fart can look at all. Met a guy with a Motordyne Harakiri on his sedan and I thought it looked ricey as hell. Since owning the sedan all anyone ever tells me is "just get a Motordyne", and it seems to be the ONLY exhaust G owners are interested in; and I like to be different so I never looked into them. Crazy to think there are only 22. But I'm really happy with my exhaust.
The Harikari was the super loud, annoying MD sedan exhaust IMHO. I totally agree with the fart can analogy because it looks like a shiny one. The VQ was modeled after the stock sedan muffler and has a totally different tone. VQ stands for "Very Quiet" (it's really not), not associated with our motors in any way (which is a common and understandable assumption). I hope the sedan guys you're talking to are referring to the VQ because it's magic in performance, looks and tone. Here are a couple pictures of mine, mind you this is the prototype and was used for all of Tony's R&D so it's MIG welded not Tig and the production models were more gorgeous than mine. If you ever get a chance to hear one don't miss it, there's not another sedan exhaust out there that sounds like these.





Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Dream For This Useful Post:
Zer0_KooL (03-22-2017)
  #1196  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Zer0_KooL's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
The Harikari was the super loud, annoying MD sedan exhaust IMHO. I totally agree with the fart can analogy because it looks like a shiny one. The VQ was modeled after the stock sedan muffler and has a totally different tone. VQ stands for "Very Quiet" (it's really not), not associated with our motors in any way (which is a common and understandable assumption). I hope the sedan guys you're talking to are referring to the VQ because it's magic in performance, looks and tone. Here are a couple pictures of mine, mind you this is the prototype and was used for all of Tony's R&D so it's MIG welded not Tig and the production models were more gorgeous than mine. If you ever get a chance to hear one don't miss it, there's not another sedan exhaust out there that sounds like these.





Vey, very nice! You cleared up my confusion over the VQ exhaust, not a single person I know has addressed it as the "Very Quiet". It's definitely the cleanest looking one without a doubt. I almost certain that when everyone tells to get a MD they're talking about the Harikari, most kids in SD love loud annoying obnoxious exhausts. The Agency Power exhaust also seems to be a lot of guy's grail exhausts too for some reason.
Reply With Quote
  #1197  
Old 03-22-2017, 11:57 PM
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 422
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ednica87 View Post
I've looked thru the options but I just need to make sure. I have 06 sedan no rev up and was thinking of getting the MD art pipes and finishing with the Tanabe medallion single tip. What would I need in the middle to complete the system. Also is the MD art pipes a good decision or best for turbo set ups?
I have the Tanabe Medallion and a Beluga Racing Y-pipe. Expect some minor drone at tip in at freeway speeds with the Tanabe but most people would consider it a pretty quiet exhaust. The Beluga Y-pipe seems very well made, was reasonably priced too. Also looking into the Art Pipes to complete the exhaust work.

Just FYI, the Tanabe definitely has a fart can look, ended up blacking out the muffler itself to kind of hide how large the canister is. Otherwise appears to be very well made.



Reply With Quote
  #1198  
Old 05-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Full Stainless catback

kinda a home made Catback
Manzo Racing HR Y pipe 2.5'' mid with a Vibrant Performance Resonator and a HKS Muffler
full price after shipping,exchange on some parts and install was around the $1200..

hope i dont get in trouble but heres a link if u would like to here what it sounds like.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gorgie spotter For This Useful Post:
ahabkirk (07-18-2017)
  #1199  
Old 05-23-2017, 05:35 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,061
Thanked 1,172 Times in 942 Posts
Sounds great, deep and smooth with no rasp that I can hear. It has a very similar tone to the Motordyne VQ but hard to really tell from a video. Any drone during driving?
Reply With Quote
  #1200  
Old 05-23-2017, 11:09 AM
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 422
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
FWIW, the Circuit Werks resonated Y-pipe I replace the Beluga one I had greatly reduced tip in drone and made the exhaust sound deeper overall.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I delusional or does the G35 have a damn good stock exhaust note? TWASkyliner G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 26 08-07-2015 08:51 AM
new to g35 forum :) underworld New Members Check In 4 08-06-2015 01:36 PM
OEM to Aftermarket Swap: Taillights Help?!?! mcneil_g35 Lighting 2 08-05-2015 01:09 PM
Need exhaust help! Black_Out Intake & Exhaust 16 08-01-2015 08:44 PM


Tags
350z, clips, compilation, exhaust, flow, g35, g35driver, high, hks, magnaflow, midpipe, nissan, pipes, resonated, sedan, sound, test, video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, G35DRIVER.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: