G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Shutdown of Radio delay after key removed from ignition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shutdown of Radio delay after key removed from ignition

Anybody else have this? I can be out of the car sometimes before it turns off. I thought it was me not turning the key all the way counterclockwise before I started pulling it out or something, but I have tried to be extra careful and make sure of that. Is this a problem? I really don't care unless it means trouble down the line.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, if anybody cares, I just replaced a battery yesterday. I don't know if that had anything to do with anything, though. But the radio shutoff delay is not happening since yesterday. I'll be waiting for it, though. BTW, anyone know what the stock battery looks like for the 04 sedan? The Autozone guy says mine was aftermarket Nissan. He said the infinitis have "INFINITI" plastered across the top. I have 85K now. I noticed that the liquid level in the batteries had fallen and I tried to bring it back to life, but it would not hold a charge.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
it really dosen't matter if it has "Nissan" or "infiniti" or "duralast" or "koolassbattery" on it, as long its the right volts and cranking amps, i assume u don't do crazy endurance racing in ur gthirtyfive....so don't worrie about it, it should last u a long time, and pulse i bet u have a lifetime warranty on ur new battery right? Its normal to change battery's on cars, and ur car has 85k on it, if it had the origenal battery all its life then that could be the problem, as for ur radio...have u ever messed with it? like have u tried to modify it or is it a stock unit?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Nah man I've never messed with the radio. But it's been shutting off like it's supposed to since the battery replacement. And I was just wondering what the OEM stock battery looked like because if this is the second time in 85K that the battery has been changed, that should at least raise and eyebrow, right? I only got this car at 61K.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by obsdnoblivion
Well, if anybody cares, I just replaced a battery yesterday. I don't know if that had anything to do with anything, though. But the radio shutoff delay is not happening since yesterday. I'll be waiting for it, though. BTW, anyone know what the stock battery looks like for the 04 sedan? The Autozone guy says mine was aftermarket Nissan. He said the infinitis have "INFINITI" plastered across the top. I have 85K now. I noticed that the liquid level in the batteries had fallen and I tried to bring it back to life, but it would not hold a charge.
The original was NOT a maintenance free and had a screw cap for each cell. So your battery was probably original.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by G4me
The original was NOT a maintenance free and had a screw cap for each cell. So your battery was probably original.
Yeah there were six. People kill me when they try to tell you stuff about a car thinking that they know all the details about all of them because they've dealt with one model year. Maybe that's how the later models are? Or maybe they did pointless stuff like stamp Infiniti on the battery back when so many people were getting Q45's.

Anyway, my car is still doing that radio shut off delay thing. And this morning, the battery was DEAD. Nothing. I'm wondering if the ignition switch is bad. Is this a common problem? Maybe the headlights stayed on when I got in last night and that's what ran my battery down. Any guesses? This is really starting to bug me.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Throw in a Optima Red Top battery and call it a day. Not worth dealing with the old dying OEM battery.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Oh, I already got another battery.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Although you already bought another battery, you should probably have your car checked out (alternator maybe). Two batteries in such a short time frame isn't normal and is an indication of an underlying problem. If you're using your car daily and this is still happening then your entire charge system starting at your alternator has some sort of a problem