G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Seats, Sedan - How many LIKE theirs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats, Sedan - How many LIKE theirs?

I've read the huge post about the seats and how everyone hates the controls and how they dig into their legs or hips. Does anyone actually LIKE their seat and think it's comfortable?

I really want to buy the G but this is my only hang up. I have driven and sat in many G's but never for longer than about 30 or 40 minutes. I have really pushed on the side bolster feeling for metal protrusions and didn't feel anything that seemed unusual. I don't like the non-symetrical design, but am hoping I could live with it.

Does anyone have a CLOTH interior model that doesn't have the power controls? I actually hate leather and would order the cloth model if I could order other options with it. Unfortunately you can't. But I would like to hear from anyone how LIKES their seats and feel they have no problems.

Just FYI, I'm 5' 9" and weigh 160 so I'm not particularly large.

Old 05-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Re: Seats, Sedan - How many LIKE theirs?

Hello, I am 5'11" and I weigh about 185, I have about 1800 miles on the car and I enjoy every mile so far. I even managed to get 100 miles out of a 1/4 tank of gas. I don't know how I did it but it must have been with the A/C off. I will be making a roadtrip to California from Washington soon so I will have more info after trip.
Mike

Happy to own my G35X

Old 05-02-2004, 01:42 PM

hmm....never had a problem with the control diggin into my hip or leg. I'm 5' 9" 175.

i think i'm the only one that acctually like where they placed the control...its very conveinient in cases where i have to adjust the passenger seat or when someone cant find the control i can just reach over and do it for them. instead of having to bend over and stretch all the way out.

Old 05-02-2004, 01:50 PM

I am 5'10" and weigh 175 and find the seats both driver and passenger to be very comfortable. I have sat in this car for hours driving and never even noticed the seat controls. Don't go by that thread they are a small yet vocal minority.

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 05-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have found the car to be comfortable in my 2004 sedan. Even when I drove 2500 over 11 days, I felt comfortable.

Unfortunately, it appears that most of the people expressing discomfort from the seats probably wouldn't notice it on a short test drive. The one disadvantage the fact that cars like the G35 aren't commonly available for rent is that you can't rent one for a couple days to see how you like it. I would have found it worth a $100 or so I could drive a car before I bought it.

2004 Sedan/DVD Navigation/Desert Platinum/Willow

Old 05-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've taken two road trips over 2k miles, I'm 6'3" and 200, and I've never had a problem with comfort. Still love em.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 05-02-2004, 04:59 PM

I dont have any problems with mine.

Old 05-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm a 5'9" and 260 LBS male - no problems with my seat after 2600 miles so far. I even started "feeling" for it, after reading the lengthy post on this site, and I can certainly understand how they all feel, but for me, it's just not a problem. Now that I am "looking" for it, I definitely feel it and notice the "lump" on my right side, but even though I'm looking for the problem and expecting it to be one, it really isn't an issue for me.

The most "uncomfortable" feeling I get from my car is the way it occasionally will thrust me violently back into the seat when shifting at full throttle - a real "problem" I'm learning to live with (GRIN

Sport Sedan Fan
2004 6MT Sedan/Sport/Navigation/Premium/Aero

Old 05-02-2004, 06:18 PM

6' 160 LBS and love the seats. The controls don't both my leg at all and I love their location, it's real easy to reach for and I can move the passenger seat without reaching over the entire car.

The seats are VERY comfortable, the passenger seat actually being more comfortable while the driver's being more supportive.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

"i think i'm the only one that acctually like where they placed the control...its very conveinient in cases where i have to adjust the passenger seat or when someone cant find the control i can just reach over and do it for them. instead of having to bend over and stretch all the way out."

right on! i've also taken 200+ mile road trips in my car before and no complaints from me. but, then again, i'm a female and under 6'0, so i'd be labelled as an outlier and thrown out of the statistics.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 05-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Brian: I'll have to check the other seats out - 2600 miles now, and I've never even SAT in the passenger seat, much less the rear ones. Everyone tells me they are comfy, but I just haven't been able to get to those parts of the car yet - this car looks like it's gonna take 100,000 miles or so for me to get "used" to the driver's position - only then can I check out the rest of the car!

Sport Sedan Fan
2004 6MT Sedan/Sport/Navigation/Premium/Aero

Old 05-02-2004, 07:31 PM

I taught my wife to drive in our G35... many hours in the passenger seat no problem very comfortable

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 05-02-2004, 10:45 PM

Yes, I have the cloth seats in my G35s. I have owned the car about 22 months now and can say I like my seats pretty well. I live near Houston and occasionally drive the G to Dallas or Austin and the seats are fine. I have no trouble or discomfort doing 4 hour nonstop drives.

I am 6'-4" tall and weigh 240 lbs. My other two cars have leather seats and while the leather is OK, I still prefer a nice cloth interior. I personally do not have any problem with keeping the cloth clean, but I don't have kids in the back seat throwing food and using their crayons and marking pens on the surfaces either (thank God !)

Do I miss the electric seat adjusters? Yes, I do miss them a little. For me the seat stays all the way back in the tracks and I never have to move the controls around to stay comfortable. When my wife drives the car and leaves the seat all the way forward, it is a PITA. Still, it's better than having the stupid seat controls pressing on my right leg.

I would like to have a 6MT now, but I will wait until the 2005s are out so I can be sure that Infiniti has corrected their stupid leather seat design. Given a free choice, I would order the 6MT with cloth seats.

Old 05-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not one complaint about the seat in my sedan either, I find it very comfortable, I've had mine for over 6 months now!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 05-03-2004, 08:28 AM
Premier Member

I love mine. They haven't given me a problem after 7000 miles they been perfect. I drive over 100 miles a day.... A few times over 400 a day, and no problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seats, Sedan - How many LIKE theirs?