G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

SLIP light and VDC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLIP light and VDC

So I was driving a little fast down Pescadero Rd coming back from the Norcal G35 meet, thanks again Don! It was awesome, and first things first I clicked off the VDC. I may have broken a few speed limits and drifted a few corners, it does a beautiful 4 wheel drift btw, but when I finally looked down at the dash (back on 84 now) I noticed that the SLIP light was on solid. Now I had seen it flash before...but never stay on after the fact. At that point I tried to turn the VDC back on but it was unresponsive. It finally stayed off after restarting the car. Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to go into the Infiniti dealership to explain how I did this, if you know what I mean.

P.S. I am sorry to rice boy civic that I passed on one of corners, where ever you may now be...I was tired of being stuck behind your garbage can exhaust and squeeling tires... I never saw you after the 3rd corner, so I asumed you must have pulled over in humiliation. However I did finally see you again after stopping at the Service Station for 3 or 4 minutes (long enough for my wife to go to the bathroom and buy a bottle of water). Glad you hung it there....

2003.5 G35 Sedan, Caribbean Blue, Sport
1994 MustangGT w/ 347 Street Fighter 382.4HP & 411.2 lb/ft

Old 03-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: SLIP light and VDC

Drifting around corners with your wife in the car? Not bad. My wife gets carsick easy when she's not driving, so I can only play by myself.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 03-12-2003, 09:31 PM

haha nice nice... (i feel a pestilence vcd and water joke coming along somwhere in this thread)... haha but anyways.. the VCD SLIP light will turn off after some time of driving after turning your car off and on... When i Dynoed my sedan my SLIP light was solid for maybe 10 minutes after i turned on the car... basiclly the SLIP light on indicates that your VCD is totally off. thats what I have gathered from it..

But basiclly..it will go away after a while.. I need to learn how to drift.. and not get into an accident with the curb..

..pestilence..

Old 03-12-2003, 09:37 PM

skid recovery first, pesti. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2003, 09:39 PM

haha I guess ill find an open lot one day and start messing around in it.. Just dont wanna get into some other kind of trouble for trying to learn...

..pestilence..

Old 03-12-2003, 10:14 PM

My advice in learning how to do a 4 wheel drift for pest is a big open dirt field or parking lot at a fairgrounds.....nothing nearby to hit...

.or do what I did at www.russellracing.com (shameless plug for some really nice people) at Sears Point, I mean Infineon raceway. The highway survival course (@$450) or the high performance course (@800 in your own car) are excellent...as is the full week to be eligible to apply for an active SCCA license.
I have also done the Barber Pro Dodge at Laguna Seca in Monterey and the Bondurant School now in Phoenix. For my money...and it will cost you...Russell is the best. I think I will give them a shout and see if I can't organize some kind of discount for club members.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:28 PM

Very cool.. Are allof these racing schools in Phoenix?? I wouldent mind going there for a weekend and coming back I guess... How is the scheduling and the class time??

Also, Do I need a SCCA license or do I Get one after the course?

..pestilence..

Old 03-13-2003, 01:04 AM

Russell School =Sears Point Raceway, Sonoma, Ca.
Skip Barber School = Laguna Seca Raceway, Monterey Ca.
Bob Bondurant School= Firebird International Raceway, Phoenix AZ.

You do need a SCCA license and membership to participate in SCCA Autocross, Solo 1 or stock Solo 2 events.
All the information you need is located at scca.org.

To get a full competition license, you will need to complete a couple of high end driving courses to be eligible. The School can at that point sign off on you being properly prepared to participate in sanctioned SCCA races...ie sccapro.com. Transam, pro spec....

Boils down to $8k for classes and probably another $2-3K for lapping sessions for practice, a current physical, and a crap load of money to buy the proper type of vehicle to participate in pro events....alot of overkill for the novice. Besides, very few of us can find sponsored rides

Old 03-13-2003, 01:31 AM

my slip light came on driving on the 2 hwy {angeles crest hwy} in so cal . and when i got home i turned the car off and turned it back on ,and it was off again and never came back on . i asked the dealer about the problem. THEY SAID IF IT DOESNT STAY ON AFTER TURNING THE CAR BACK ON ITS OK . i HOPE ?

www.derubeisfineart.com

Old 03-13-2003, 10:38 AM
IQ9

I did Russell back in 91' at Seca. The TRC class it was truely BAD A$$. We ran wings and slicks the last day...drool.If you can get something going I think alot of people would go. I would for sure. Most people can only dream of running their car on a track but once you have done it, there is nothing that comes close. Try to get this going...Please try.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Premium/Winter/Aero
69 Chevelle BB/4.11's

Old 03-13-2003, 11:59 AM

Dubi_V35: I live on the other side of the 2 .. off of foothill in la canada..

..pestilence..

Old 03-13-2003, 12:01 PM

hmm $8k is expensiveeeeeeeeeee!!

Do you need the SCCA license just to take a few of the courses?? like the preformance course or the highway driving course?

..pestilence..

Old 03-13-2003, 12:40 PM

I would say no. You also don't need an SCCA license to compete in local club sponsored Solo2 events.

Old 03-13-2003, 01:09 PM

well.. not to compete.. just to take the classes for learning

..pestilence..

Old 03-13-2003, 01:13 PM

The highway safety classes are designed to improve your defensive driving skills on the highway.. so the only license required is the one issued to you by the state in which you reside.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLIP light and VDC