Got hit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 07:54 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got hit!

Here is the long story...

9 months ago, my wife went to a grocery store. Getting out of the car, she forgot to put on the emergency brake (6mt speed tranny) on as she is shopping inside the store a page over the loud speaker comes on, "Will the owner of a white Infiniti please come to the front." She goes up there and finds out that the car rolled across the parking lot into a parked truck. They hit bumper to bumper so the truck won! She confronted the truck owner and he said not to worry about it because it didn't do any damage to his vehicle. HOWEVER, it rippled the rear bumper of my car ever so slightly, however, it is enough to make me mad and enough for me to notice it. I get over it and then nine months later (just last weekend) my wife and I go to Vegas. My friends and I went golfing in the afternoon and my wife and her friends went shopping. When I got back, she said, "Don't get mad." and I immediately said, "What happened." She explained that while she was in the car at the front of the hotel a person backed into the front of the car. She said, "it only put two little scratches on the front of the car" but because the front end was dirty from all of the bugs from the road trip there, I couldn't tell if there was anything wrong with it. Yesterday I take it to get it washed and not only is there 2 little scratches, there is a scratch as long as the license plate insert is wide. IN ADDITION, the bumper has a rippling effect on it and a crease across the insert. I'VE HAD IT!!!!!!!!

I decided today that I am going to file a claim with my insurance company. I have a $500 deductable and I was wanting to spruce up the front and rear bumper by getting brand new ones. Since I don't have the aero package, I was thinking about having my insurance company write me a check for the price of two new bumpers and then take the money and get the nismo bumper.

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Old 05-12-2004, 12:47 AM
IQ9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Got hit!

Good luck on getting them to just issue you a check for the damage. A respray/blending on the front bumper is like $240 and the rear about the same. These are Cali figures though looks like you may be under your deduct or over it by a small amount. My advice...call your agent!

03.5 Sedan/B.Sil/Prem/Wntr/Aero/Tint/Rims/Hotchkis Sways--WHRER ARE OUR PARTS!
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 05-12-2004, 04:09 AM

I know my insurance offers to give me the money and deal with my own shop. I've recently got the Nismo front put on my Sedan after an accident. I bough Gurgen's old Nismo bumper and brought it to the shop. they deducted the cost of the new factory bumber from what the insurance gave them and I added a few minor extra costs (ding repairs and so forth) and in the end it pretty much balanced out. I ended up paying like $200 of a $500 deductable. Check with both your insurance and the body shop. If anything the body shop should be willing to add the new Nismo bumper plus the difference. I believe the factory bumper is $900 compared to the Nismo at $1200 so you'll probably be paying an extra $300 + your $500 deductable. I hope I was of some help. Good luck and sorry to hear. I'd never let wifey touch the car ever again.

-Kawika

P.S.
For those who care. I drive a Silver Sedan 6MT CA license plate "KRZ HAYN" = "Krazy Hawaiian". A "Shaka" is always welcome.
Eibach Pro-kit
Z-tube
JWT Pop-charger

Old 05-12-2004, 08:09 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I never let my wife drive the G. She has the Max. I think she
has taken the G alone maybe twice. Come on! It's MINE.

2003 TwBlue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards, HKS exhaust,
14 wire Grounding kit, 350Z duct, Stillen CAI
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled alum pedals

Old 05-12-2004, 09:17 AM

That is exactly what I said My wife drive her Max, and everytime she is driving my G. She is so scared to scratch it. At least, I have a wife that understand about "nice car and don't scratch it" idea.

Nothing Turns You On More Than The "hotGspot"

Old 05-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Registered

yea..I think that is possible..

When I got in my accident and the rims were scraped, I asked for a brand new rim, and they said no..were jus gonna have it refaced..

Since I got my rear bumper jacked, I was thinkin about getting a brand new one as well..dunno which yet..

But good luck on urs..

GGG Member Signup

Old 05-12-2004, 12:06 PM

Good luck on that.
Those are 2 separate claims. I think you'll have to meet the deductible twice. I tried the same thing.
'could be wrong, tho

Old 05-12-2004, 01:35 PM

Ack. Should have gotten insurance info from the person that hit you at the hotel, to get that fixed. Explain to your wife to never, ever assume that it's just a scratch. You can always not file a claim if you have the info, but not the other way....

Old 05-12-2004, 03:16 PM
English dude, English

The part I left out was that my wife did get the guys name and address and phone #, but... she didn't get it from his driver's license nor did she get any of his insurance info. When I called the phone # it was disconnected. I was upset, but I realized that it won't change anything staying upset, but you all are right, no more of the wife driving my G.

Old 05-12-2004, 05:45 PM

"She confronted the truck owner"

that's a bad choice of words seeing as how she's the one who didn't use the e-brake...

appeased woulda sound better...

2003.5 Brill. Silver/Willow 6MT sedan, Premium/Winter/Navigation