G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

"Official" 2005 Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Official" 2005 Changes

Found on FA

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 3, 2004--Infiniti, Nissan's luxury division, today announced a number of significant enhancements to its popular G35 sport coupe and G35 sport sedan for the 2005 model year in North America. The changes include the introduction of a new coupe Sport model, a redesigned exterior appearance for the sedan and a redesigned instrument panel and console area with aluminum trim or optional wood trim on both the 2005 G35 coupe and G35 sedan.
Another major enhancement for the new model year is an increase in power for all G35 sedans to 277 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque (from 260 hp/260 lb-ft). The G35 sedan lineup, which added a new all-wheel drive version in the 2004 model year, also receives new exterior styling for 2005 -- featuring a new hood, grille, bumpers, side sills, taillights and wheels.

The G35 coupe's new Sport model will be available in an advanced 5-speed automatic transmission or with a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. The Sport 6MT model receives an additional 15-plus horsepower over automatic-equipped G35 coupe's standard 280 horsepower, bringing its power to the 295-horsepower range (final figures to be released later).

In addition, the manual transmission design on both coupe and sedan models has been improved to provide a lower shifting effort.

The 2005 G35 sedan will be offered in four models, each equipped with a standard 3.5-liter V6, 4-wheel independent suspension and the refined exterior. For 2005, the sport-tuned suspension package has been upgraded with 18-inch lightweight cast aluminum wheels with 235/45R18 tires and drilled aluminum pedals.

The G35 coupe will be offered in three models for 2005: Coupe, Coupe Sport A/T and Coupe Sport 6MT. Both Sport models include a new sport-tuned suspension, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (V-LSD), 19-inch forged aluminum-alloy wheels and drilled aluminum pedals.

"Infiniti built its reputation on a stunning combination of powerful rear-wheel and all-wheel drive vehicles and outstanding customer service," said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti Division. "The G35 has been a key element in our recent product line expansion and with the enhancements for 2005, our product momentum remains strong."

The 2005 Infiniti G35 sedan and coupe with automatic transmissions are scheduled to be available at Infiniti dealers in North America beginning in October 2004. Manual transmission equipped models will go on sale in December 2004.

The announcement came during the Nissan 360 news media event, a three-week program in San Francisco featuring the automaker's current and future worldwide product and business plans. At the event, about 500 reporters had the opportunity to drive nearly 70 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles to familiarize themselves with the breadth of Nissan's global product lineup.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...ewID=news_view

Old 06-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Re: "Official" 2005 Changes

If they fix the seat controll issue, I'm getting 05 6MT.

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***

Old 06-03-2004, 05:10 PM

Where are the pictures of the new '05 G35? I couldn't find them on the Infiniti Web site. Although I'm very happy with my 04.5 sedan, it would be interesting to actually see the changes for '05. Personally, I really like the current interior and my Infiniti 5 star sport wheels, but it would have been nice to get the wheels and the tires in 18". Our '03 FX35 has the 20" wheels...very cool! Also, I think the G35 would look better with fog lights below the grill, integrated into the front bumper, similar to those on the FX; not sure if they're doing that on the '05 G35 since I have yet to see the pictures.

As far as the increase in HP/lb-ft, I wonder if they just switched out the intake tube for a Z tube and put in the FX35 or Z exhaust (and maybe a few other power tweaks??? ;-)

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 06-03-2004, 05:15 PM

Here are the pics:

Interior -

Exterior -

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by dyenboy on 06/04/04 08:20 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-03-2004, 05:16 PM
RKS
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/m...id=22872&vid=5

link to exterior (NOT 56K FRIENDLY)

Old 06-03-2004, 05:29 PM

Nice.

Few things.

1. Pics of the A$$ please.

2. Looks like they did redesign seat controls. And that looks awfully simillar to what those people in aero shop in SoCal did. Basically bolster is thicker and controls are set lower.

3. Instrument cluster is nice and the shifter leather boot too.

4. Center console is somewhat nicer although compass/AC display is uglier IMO.

5. Don't care much for the wheel design.

Overall worth trading for if you get a good deal on trade.
I will wait till October and see what the pricing would be.

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***

Old 06-03-2004, 05:38 PM

Based on what I see, I am perfectly happy with my 03.5. It appears that the guages and switches were just moved around a bit, but all in all, the interior looks very similar and was not the major change I thought might happen. Actually, the switches don't look as classy as the ones I have. Also, I really don't like the clock between the temp. readouts. The exterior change IMO is not that drastic either. And as far as the power plant, I rarely get to use all of the ponies now and am not sure how another 17 would change my driving style.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The seat controls don't look different from my '04 Sedan.

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 06-03-2004, 05:56 PM

Thanks for the links to the pics.

IMO...

1. The interior has very minor changes. The dash and gauge cluster are very similar; some slight changes. Maybe the seats are more comfy and have better support. Since we have an '03 FX35, I'm used to the seat controls on the side of the seat. Although it's not the optimal place for them, they've never bothered me nor have I every hit them by accident. I do think it was a good idea to move the Infiniti dial clock to the upper display, as it's hidden with my Navi system opened up (although Infiniti at least had the forethought to add a digital clock to the upper-right corner on the Navi display).

2. To me, the exterior hasn't changed all that much; if anything, it looks more current I35ish, which is not flattering. I do not like the wheels...it looks like they're from the BMW 330i with M wheels, which I do not care for. Personally, I think my Infiniti 5 star sport wheels give it a much more sporty and aggressive look. I wonder if the wheels in the '05 picture are the std. wheels and not the sport wheels.

However, with the added HP, I bet it's a bit faster than the current stock '04 G35, and I bet it sounds more like the FX35 or 350Z...good move there, Infiniti ;-)

...just all my $0.02. ;-)

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/03/04 03:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-03-2004, 06:24 PM

i am soooo happy i bought an 03.5 leftover.the interior looks similar,the inst cluster is nicer,but the temp,compass,and clock together look like sh*t!the rotary ***** for radio and temp is a big plus.i hate the pushbutton for the temp.so i guess it is a wash on the interior.as far as the exterior,those rims look sh*tty,i love my sport rims.the front bumber looks like they tried to imitate the coupe(which is beautiful),but something went wrong.i dont like it at all.i say the stock 03/04 bumper is much better,and my aero(nismo) bumper looks ten times better.i didnt see any pics of the rear,but it looks like the tailights bump out a little.dosnt look like it is gonna be better then the current rear.i dont feel sorry that i didnt wait for the 05,if i did i would be pissed,and would have gotten an 03.5 or 04 anyway.just my opinion though.

03.5 briliant silver/graphite
5at,sport,full aero kit,winter pack
bose.tweet upgrade

Old 06-03-2004, 06:34 PM

Whew, what a relief. Man I was so worried that I might have to take another large hit and trade up before seeing those pics! It doesn't look bad, I kinda like the coupe style bumper. Wonder if it will fit on an 04.5...either that or hopefully I can pick up a nismo kit for cheap now!

Interior is ok, looks a bit less sporty, I do agree that the clock looks better seperate, but was probably moved so you could still see it when the nav is up?

Another still satisfied 04 owner! Or are we all just saying this to make ourselves feel better? j/k

Old 06-03-2004, 07:20 PM

"Whew" is right! Not a real drastic change to the interior. While I do like the aluminum pedals and radio volume ****, no regrets with recent purchase of 04x.
My biggest relief is that I no longer have to read all the "speculation" threads for the 05 changes

Northeast Mass
04 X - diamond graphite/charcoal
purchased 5/04

Old 06-03-2004, 08:00 PM

i like the interior. especially the gauges. but that exterior is pretty ugly i think. the newly designed side sills and front bumper make the car look real flat in the front. it also looks like the car is a lot higher from the ground. there is a lot of space between the bottom and the floor in the pic. also, the rear tail lights look like they are bulging out, i hope they dont look like the current mazda 6. cuz from the side, they look like it . . . but i really like the interior. i like the accents and the slight two tone. but looking at the exterior, makes me real happy that i bought my 2003.5 when i did.

Old 06-03-2004, 08:05 PM

this, i think looks better. haha, they took the picture in the same place. could it have been photoshopped instead?

269882-03804031990002LRG.jpg

Old 06-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

yes, it was discussed, the photo was chopped

2004 G35s 5AT DG/Graphite/Premium/Huper Optik Tint

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Official" 2005 Changes