G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Stang Killa
I have an 04' sedan with 20's. Looking to lower it. I've read that dropping the car more than .8" messes with the vdc. True? If so my understanding is that I can get springs from a 350z and just swap them in. I understand this will give me about a 1" drop, will have that vdc issue. I have the sport model.

Will I need any other mods for this to work? And what are the pros/cons of those springs on my car vs. something like tiens?

Thanks for the help, I've been reading but just looking for clarification.
since no one's answered I'll try my best to help you out...VDC isnt effected at all unless you have a G35 X (AWD) and the vdc is only messed up if you get different sized tires or somthing like that not to sure...but with the drop revised Zsprings will give you about an inch drop and there won't be any problems with VDC the only issues you may have are your tires rubbing ur fender which is a easy fix (rolled fenders) and some camber wear but it won't be bad enough to really bother with so in teh noobz: u can put it on zsprings withouth messing with VDC.

pro's & con's are higher and lower spring rates and higher and lower drop so in teh noobz: your car will handle better with springs with a higher spring rate.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bestswat
To Liquid Tensin

For the exhaust i think you should get an HkS muffler with the coupe midpipe, its an amazing sound in my opinion. The coupe midpipe will make it drone just a bit, its nothing crazy. If you dont like the drone just put a 05-06 sedan midpipe in place of it. Ders a coupe midpipe and a sedan midpipe for sale rite now at the moment. I have the coupe midpipe and hks muffler and omg ive gotten so many compliments, i personally like the drone because ppl know i have an exhaust and its not loud at all. At
highway speeds you cant even hear it. I got the
setup for 350 total, everything was used but in great
condition.
What's the difference between the coupe and sedan mid pipes? I seen on most of the forum stating that the only difference was the weight on a coupe is lighter? I recently picked up the 05 sedan mid pipe? If there are a difference, then I might consider holding off on installing it and try to hunt down a coupe mid pipe instead.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
since no one's answered I'll try my best to help you out...VDC isnt effected at all unless you have a G35 X (AWD) and the vdc is only messed up if you get different sized tires or somthing like that not to sure...but with the drop revised Zsprings will give you about an inch drop and there won't be any problems with VDC the only issues you may have are your tires rubbing ur fender which is a easy fix (rolled fenders) and some camber wear but it won't be bad enough to really bother with so in teh noobz: u can put it on zsprings withouth messing with VDC.

pro's & con's are higher and lower spring rates and higher and lower drop so in teh noobz: your car will handle better with springs with a higher spring rate.
Thanks for the reply. I picked up a set of revised z springs and shocks for $70. Can't beat a 1" drop for that price. I'll probably have to roll my fenders just to be sure I don't rub.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=Eluzions047;5817510]What's the difference between the coupe and sedan mid pipes? I seen on most of the forum stating that the only difference was the weight on a coupe is lighter? I recently picked up the 05 sedan mid pipe? If there are a difference, then I might consider holding off on installing it and try to hunt down a coupe mid pipe instead.[/QUOTE

The midpipe on the sedan is slightly quieter. I don't think it would be worth it to wait. The difference would hardly be noticeable. Imo I would get a custom exhaust, for $350.00 you could go with a magnaflow muffler attached to a custom catback. You would get a nice growl out of that. It would be similar to the stock sound but deeper and louder.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=Stang Killa;5817555]
Originally Posted by Eluzions047
What's the difference between the coupe and sedan mid pipes? I seen on most of the forum stating that the only difference was the weight on a coupe is lighter? I recently picked up the 05 sedan mid pipe? If there are a difference, then I might consider holding off on installing it and try to hunt down a coupe mid pipe
instead.[/QUOTE

Thanks. So you wouldn't recommend the hks exhaust. I would like to keep to keep the look stock as much as possible.

The midpipe on the sedan is slightly quieter. I don't think it would be worth it to wait. The difference would hardly be noticeable. Imo I would get a custom exhaust, for $350.00 you could go with a magnaflow muffler attached to a custom catback. You would get a nice growl out of that. It would be similar to the stock sound but deeper and louder.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:22 PM
I personally wouldn't but that just my opinion. I had a magnaflow exhaust and it had a really clean sound. Quiet on the freeway but aggressive @ wide open throttle. I know a lot of people on here speak highly of hks though. I thinks its one of those personal preference things. There's an exhaust thread I would check out and hit up you tube for sound samples.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Stang Killa
I personally wouldn't but that just my opinion. I had a magnaflow exhaust and it had a really clean sound. Quiet on the freeway but aggressive @ wide open throttle. I know a lot of people on here speak highly of hks though. I thinks its one of those personal preference things. There's an exhaust thread I would check out and hit up you
tube for sound
samples.
So you have the mid pipe and a magnaflo? Do you also have the. HR Y pipe as well? I'm interested in your exhaust set up. Are there a sound clip there with your identical setup?

Old 04-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Man I wish I had a clip with that setup, I had that about 3 different exhaust systems ago. But I had a 2.5in Y pipe without a resonator into a single in dual out magnaflow muffler. That exhaust was perfect for someone not looking to be to loud but to have a nice growl. I also ran this setup with a resonator, which was way to quiet.

I also have ran two 2.5" straight pipes, no cats, dumped with glass packs. So loud I changed it after 2 weeks.

Now I'm running true 2.5" duals all the way back, with hushpower II mufflers. Hushpowers are designed for off road use, they tone down the sound more than anything I've seen, so I can run a more open exhaust without it being unbearably loud. Plus they're super compact. On monday I can post up a clip of my current setup.
Hope my input helps.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 PM
As far as a magna flow with the upgraded y pipe that you have its gonna keep that same exhaust sound as stock but it will be louder. You probably won't be able to hear it at idle or cruising freeway speeds. But it will sound real nice when you're on it.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i want to buy spacers. but i dont know which size to buy. im at +20 but i want to be plus +0. what size do i buy?

Old 04-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Fr3shIngredient
i want to buy spacers. but i dont know which size to buy. im at +20 but i want to be plus +0. what size do i buy?
Really?

Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^lol...

Fr3sh, offsets are measured in millimeters, and so are spacers. Just do the math. 20 - x = 0

Last edited by Stryde; 04-25-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's what I was thinking but I was making sure. Never did use spacers before

Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 PM
lol... just make sure your wheels has spaces for your oem studs if you get spacers that has built in studs.. otherwise get a set without built in studs and replace yours with longer studs...

Last edited by markcg09; 04-30-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:06 AM
the 03-04 would benefit from ether sedan 05-06 or coupe middy in terms of sound. the only difference between 05-06 and coupe middy is less drone. the most restrictive part of the exaust system from what i read is the y pipe so i would rather replace that. also the HKS axle back sounds awesome! just my 2 cents

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread