G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Sedan vs. Coupe...Which to buy? Getting married..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedan vs. Coupe...Which to buy? Getting married..

My future wife and I would like a coupe, but practically speaking, the sedan would fit our situation better. What do you guys think?

Old 06-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Re: Sedan vs. Coupe...Which to buy? Getting married..

i would go sedan. the power is good, plus you get 4 doors...for any future needs.

(what's with the nickname?)

COOLIE!!!

2003 G35 Sedan 5AT
{Z-Tube} {JWT_POP_Chrgr.} {V1} {21%_Tint} {Matte_Race_Pdls} {Blck_w/Grpht_Lthr} {Prm_Pkg.} {Sprt_Tuned} {Wntr-Sprt} {Nav.} {Xenon} {Sunroof} {Aero-Body_Kit_w/Spoiler} {Trunk_Mat}

Old 06-24-2004, 01:24 PM

If it's between the coupe and sedan, I say sedan. I went from a 350z to a sedan. If I could go back, I'd probably have gotten a coupe and just stuck with it. Who knows though. I'm happy with my sedan.

If you posted this only in the sedan forum then you already know what you want, because you know what we're going to recommend!

Either is a great car, let us know what you get.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:25 PM

I heard the sedan is pretty weak and I don't really dig the 4 door look. I know it will come in handy when we have kids, but that won't be anytime soon. The coupe looks so much more aggressive.

The nickname? Its my first name...

How much more HP does the "Trunk_Mat" give you? LOL..j/k

Old 06-24-2004, 01:35 PM

yeah, i agree with Hey_Ya...since you posted here, almost everyone will say get the sedan.

the trunk mat allows me to go faster. this is because i can go faster w/o the fear of spilling something in the trunk...i can just vacuum/wash it up.

(your first name is cooIie?)

coolie

2003 G35 Sedan 5AT
{Z-Tube} {JWT_POP_Chrgr.} {V1} {21%_Tint} {Matte_Race_Pdls} {Blck_w/Grpht_Lthr} {Prm_Pkg.} {Sprt_Tuned} {Wntr-Sprt} {Nav.} {Xenon} {Sunroof} {Aero-Body_Kit_w/Spoiler} {Trunk_Mat}

Old 06-24-2004, 01:37 PM

lol, weak? Forget what you hear, take one on a test drive. In a race, the coupe and sedan are pretty even, much of it comes down to driver skill.

Looks are subjective, check out the Nismo/aero kit for the sedan. Actually, since I traded in the Z, I thought all my friends would question my buying the G, but their response is quite the opposite. Not that I really care, but everyone thinks differently on looks.

If you want a coupe then it's up to you. It honestly doesn't matter to me. So if you feel that making false/negative statements about the sedan will help justify your decision to buy one, be my guest. Just be ready when the flames come.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:39 PM

i like the way the coupe looks...so much more aggressive. i'm just wondering if i can justify the purchase of the sedan and not regret it later.

so how do the matte_race_pdls allow you to go faster? you have an auto, right? yes, that's my first name...

97 Supra Single Turbo

Old 06-24-2004, 01:42 PM

I'd say go for the coupe if you have another vehicle that's "practical".
My wife has an FX35 so I figure when we have kids we'll just use her car when we need to take the kid out. Putting a child seat in the back of the coupe shouldn't be a problem since it's fully capable of accomodating one.
I think performance-wise the coupe and sedan are the same. Maybe the coupe is a little more stiffly sprung. But when it comes to looks, I think most non-G35 sedan owners would agree that the coupe looks better.

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

Old 06-24-2004, 01:43 PM

You've already said "I know it will come in handy when we have kids" and "practically speaking, the sedan would fit our situation better" so I'm not sure why you'd regret it.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:43 PM

lol, you're hilarious cooIie!

the matte pedals are bigger than stock. this means i can go from the brake to the gas pedal a split second faster than before...hence faster.

you already have a supra...why WOULDN'T you get the sedan since you are getting married and need to focus on practicality.

2003 G35 Sedan 5AT

Old 06-24-2004, 01:48 PM

GX9901 - I'll Never admit to that! My sedan's much better looking and with my Z suspension, much stiffer too!

Old 06-24-2004, 01:51 PM

Well, the wife wants her 'dream car' before we have kids, but I don't see that happening for at least another 2 years. Since I already have mine, she wants hers...It would be practical, yes, but it wouldn't be the car she wants. It will basically be her car when its all said and done, and I don't think a 3rd car is in the picture.

Coolie - What's with your SN? and how will the Sunroof make you faster? I heard that weighs you down...

97 Supra Single Turbo

Old 06-24-2004, 01:54 PM

Unfortunately, our other car is going to be a Supra. However, we are still considering the coupe anyway since a baby seat will fit nicely in the back. I'll have to agree with ya on the coupe looks vs. the sedan looks...

97 Supra Single Turbo

Old 06-24-2004, 01:59 PM

...so...get the sedan?! haha, what are you TALKING about? you keep going back and forth. she wants her dream car, but we're not getting a 3rd. that means 2 coupes...which is not practical with kids.

my sn is a word in the hindi language. quite remarkable how your sn (or i guess first name) is cooIie with a capital 'i'. while mine is coolie. odd.

ok, the sunroof does not make me faster...but when i am going at fast speeds it cools the interior of my cabin to a nice temperature...this allows me NOT to pass out...hence able to go faster. (look at that, it does make me go faster!)

2003 G35 Sedan 5AT

Old 06-24-2004, 02:02 PM

So I'm confused, what is your future wife's dream car?

And I heard that you can mod the g's sunroof to make it prop open at a certain angle, which will create lift, and can make your car fly at high speeds.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sedan vs. Coupe...Which to buy? Getting married..